Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

So the baby will be official. Now if she can just get him to stop bleaching his hair.
clocked 2 bombs yesterday..he can so whatever he want's with his hair to me, lol. He and Irmarie have been together a long time, well before he made the majors. I think she is a good influence .(from what the media and their accounts show anyway)

Lefty, lefty, lefty Line up from pitcher's to bats. Finger's crossed the weather holds. Reports of rain hitting around 7 and just increasing as the night goes on. All I know is, I sure hope it's the Cubs who are up in the bottom of the 5th.
Pinch Hitter Jon Lester at the helm!

Dahj9jMXcAAtxT7.jpg

92388ad6be81a0743a5dde735148a79a.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Robin~ what's your take on the changes to the park? I have been reading mixed reviews from the new seats being smaller to the netting causing Willy/catcher's to have to retrieve more foul balls since they don't get over the net anymore, and how fouls down the line would be tossed into the crowd, may not so much now. Saw the new store/food options but anxious to hear your thoughts on the "upgrades". The dugout sounds like it will need some minor tweaking

Hey Robin~ what's your take on the changes to the park? I have been reading mixed reviews from the new seats being smaller to the netting causing Willy/catcher's to have to retrieve more foul balls since they don't get over the net anymore, and how fouls down the line would be tossed into the crowd, may not so much now. Saw the new store/food options but anxious to hear your thoughts on the "upgrades". The dugout sounds like it will need some minor tweaking
The seats were smaller in my section a couple of years ago, so there is no change for me. They *are* smaller than a couple of years ago and I find myself rubbing elbows with the person next to me. It's terrible. I HATE the netting, but I knew it would. The doorway to the field in right in my field of vision of the mound. I sat two sections down the line from my seats yesterday because my season ticket partner had our seats so I didn't need to deal with it all game but I will for every other game. I didn't really see any new food options because I went to my Chicago Dog go-to for lunch.

Wrigley-April10.jpg

The seats were smaller in my section a couple of years ago, so there is no change for me. They *are* smaller than a couple of years ago and I find myself rubbing elbows with the person next to me. It's terrible. I HATE the netting, but I knew it would. The doorway to the field in right in my field of vision of the mound. I sat two sections down the line from my seats yesterday because my season ticket partner had our seats so I didn't need to deal with it all game but I will for every other game. I didn't really see any new food options because I went to my Chicago Dog go-to for lunch.

View attachment 315541
Looks like you were to the right of the dugout once you moved. It is just so far down to me..weird seeing Joe basically at 3rd.

Looks like you were to the right of the dugout once you moved. It is just so far down to me..weird seeing Joe basically at 3rd.
The photo is from my regular seats. I went to see my season ticket partner and hung out there with him for most of the opening ceremonies. I missed the first pitches :(.

why yes, yes we WILL hand the Bucco's their first road loss and end their winning streak!
So much Javy, Zo, JHey...everybody! I can't even BEGIN to highlight it!!!!!!!!!!!
Fly that W for the first time this season at Wrigley tonight!
giphy.gif

screen-shot-2018-04-11-at-9-57-01-pm.png

El Mago Airlines ~Captain Javy at your service

Last edited:
I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Kelly Crull‏Verified account @Kelly_Crull
Kelly Crull Retweeted Patrick Mooney

THIS.... Just 25years old & Baez gets it. Went on to say that’s not the role model he wants to be for young kids. Was mad at himself for reacting the way he did.

Kelly Crull added,

Patrick MooneyVerified account @PJ_Mooney
Javier Baez: “You know what I really got out of today? You know what I learned? How ugly I looked on that fly ball. I tossed the bat really high. I didn’t run to first base. A lot of teammates came up to me and they said it in a good way. You learn from it."

I hope they are enjoying the party room tonight (tho a day game tomorrow:rolleyes1) Lester's prob pretty lit, lol.

Rubber game lineup~let's get our first home series W!!!!!!
Hoping they saved some runs for Kyle
upload_2018-4-12_9-25-12.jpeg

DalqjkIU8AAzrNj.jpg

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Kelly Crull‏Verified account @Kelly_Crull
Kelly Crull Retweeted Patrick Mooney

THIS.... Just 25years old & Baez gets it. Went on to say that’s not the role model he wants to be for young kids. Was mad at himself for reacting the way he did.

Kelly Crull added,

Patrick MooneyVerified account @PJ_Mooney
Javier Baez: “You know what I really got out of today? You know what I learned? How ugly I looked on that fly ball. I tossed the bat really high. I didn’t run to first base. A lot of teammates came up to me and they said it in a good way. You learn from it."

I hope they are enjoying the party room tonight (tho a day game tomorrow:rolleyes1) Lester's prob pretty lit, lol.
NBC picked up on that too

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...-came-popout-engaged-multi-homer-cubs-history

I know AAJ played sick yesterday and it's a night/day game combo, but man, I was hoping Joe was gonna go against the numbers to day and start AAJ again. Maybe he is just giving him the extra time before he trots him out for the 7th to rest up, but shoot. Kinda want the best D out there for Kyle today. With Willy getting the day off at least he can't get stranded in RISP again. I find myself wishing he would ignore the hold sign at 2nd so he can *maybe* finally cross the dish on one of these extra base hits he's rolling out.
Weather is divine right now, and prob blowing out...could see the ball go flying!
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KILCHICA60

Semi-rough day for Kyle Hendricks, good day for Kyle Schwarber. Looks like he is applying whatever Chili is telling him , Jhey as well. Hendrick's kept us in it, but it was like as soon as the temperature dropped, so did our chances. Wilson just didn't throw any strike's...and Cervelli the Cub Killer happily took advantage. Had opportunity in the first but fell flat again. Hope we can rebound against the Brave's tomorrow!

so Javy tells the media immediately following yesterday's game he apologizes for his behavior in flipping the bat after his pop out, spoke with his team etc (I posted above on it) . Javy didn't go on about his incredible game, took the time to point out his mistake and that he learned from it. Clint Hurdle decides to talk to the media and say Javy and Willy have no respect for the game. What a bitter old curmudgeon.The Manager of 2 PED player's and another who threw a hissy- fit melt down with a Gatorade water cooler mid game, the SAME game they called for the HBP on Jake ~throwing respecting the game in our player's faces? He's clearly jealous of the raw natural talent and class our team has. I'm happy McCutchen got out of there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter