Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

The game is on WGN tonight, it is 70 years TODAY from the first WGN Cubs game broadcast! They are going to be highlighting memories so if you get WGN , might be a good one to DVR.
Starts at 5:30 Central hopefully with a game following. All these make up games starting to jam up May. No days off the week of May. They play 5/11-21 straight with no days off and a dbl header on the 19, on the road from the 15th.

ETA: WGN SPECIAL IS AT 7 NOW, IN PLACE OF THE GAME. 2 HOUR PROGRAM

Last edited:
Game cancelled...make up will be the first game of a Double header now on July 21st. That is now a 5 game home stand against he Card's.The 5 gamer against them in '03 went pretty decent :thumbsup2Parking at Wrigley will be a challenge that day, to say the least. On the up side, my W flag has been flying 3 day's straight! The WGN special is still going to be on tonight!

Last edited:
Game cancelled...make up will be the first game of a Double header now on July 21st. That is now a 5 game home stand against he Card's.The 5 gamer against them in '03 went pretty decent :thumbsup2Parking at Wrigley will be a challenge that day, to say the least. On the up side, my W flag has been flying 3 day's straight! The WGN special is still going to be on tonight!
My W flag has been flying since the last win, too. I usually take it in when they lose, but they haven't lost since then.

I take mine in before the start of each game...I'm superstitious like that.
That's what I am doing also. Just as the game is getting ready to start, the flag comes in. Until they post a win again.

9bae6afe51a7f5ca604fc1c1de834fe7.gif

come ON!!!!!!!!!!!ABSOLUTE B.S. WEATHER

Will be lucky to only get tonight's game in :headache:

Da_enryVwAE8KrS.jpg

I’m actually glad. 33-degrees is too freaking cold for baseball.
I agree...I'm yelling at Mother Nature, lol
DbAPw8lX0AEZ6M-.jpg

I know the Cubs travel to CO Thurs but I would have to guess they are gonna try and get it in Thurs @ 1:20 if cancelled tomorrow. STL only has to get back to Cinci and the Cubs/Rockies is a night game so while annoying, they *could* get there in plenty of time, but weather for flights would also have to be considered. Looks like crap weather in Denver Fri/Sat, this season is bonkers. Otherwise it could be made up 9/29 in a dbl header. Time hasn't been announced yet for that game, or add it to Oct 1

Last edited:
The WE FINALLY HAVE A GAME lineup

images
images
images

LETS GO CUBBIES!!! RIZZO IS BACK!!!

ETA~ZO scratched with back issues (yes, really) Happ now LO playing CF and JHey in RF
DbAdc_zVQAAIHRm.jpg

Last edited:
Javy, thank you. Jhey..thank you. Strop, Happ, Schwwarb's (and KB's last AB) no thanks. Turn the page Boy's and lets hope we have consistent games happening soon.
Javy is gonna be the next one with back problems, I mean, he's carrying the weight.

TODAYS GAME HAS BEEN MOVED TO TOMORROW AT NOON

ETA...First report said noon, but everything else saying 1:20...that is more likely

Last edited:
At least they cancelled in plenty of time! I heard it was going to snow and rain.
yep...so a noon game, catch the flight to CO for.....snow and rain :faint:
  • FRIDAY
    APR 20

54° /36°RealFeel® 49° / 27°
    Cloudy, a little rain; breezyMore
  • SATURDAY
    APR 21

52° /36°RealFeel® 53° / 31°
    Showers of rain and snowMore
  • SUNDAY
    APR 22

67° /41°RealFeel® 73° / 36°
    Mostly sunny

Sunday looks nice tho

Last night’s game - ugh.
Today’s weather - ugh.
I hope tomorrow is ughless. :headache:
too many changes in too short of a window. The changes to the bullpen, dugout, most of the coaches...when you look at the roster now vs '15/'16 a lot of our clutch hitter's are gone and pitching..well, we all know Jake was a beast in high pressure games. I am seeing the oppo in Darvish (so far). I keep hearing people say "where is the team from '16?" This literally isn't the same team. Watching the WS Parade on the WGN special the other night, the guys on stage..1/2 are gone :sad2: .To the here and now, I know Happ was added last minute yesterday, but we watched the Schwarber LO experiment for longer than it should have been, I wonder how long Joe is going to sacrifice Happ in that spot? He just looks so lost, and the looooong walk back to the dugout sure doesn't help a dejected batter.

beside's Javy and JHey last night, the highlight to me was Rizzo changing one of his WU songs to the Walmart yodeling kid :rotfl::rotfl2:That was awesome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter