• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Another 18 nights RPR, just the two of us & HHN (2015 Trip)

Loving this! We enjoyed the new rooms as well; and that purple flower is gorgeous!

Thanks Kivara.......glad you`re liking it....yes I loved the purple flower.......well, anything purple and I`m happy!! But the rooms are beautiful, glad you liked them too.........

Nice to have you still enjoy reading along........it can seem like a bit of an epic at times.......:blush:

Great pictures Schumi and as always well written. Your pictures of updated room at RPR are great. Enjoy your trip reports. They always have great ideas of things to do while in Orlando. Thanks for sharing. :)

Last edited:
I have a question! I've noticed in all of your trip reports that you do the 14-day pass instead of purchasing an annual pass. Why do you opt not to simply purchase annual passes, especially since you know you'll definitely be returning? :-) (I hope this is an OK question to ask!!)

I have a question! I've noticed in all of your trip reports that you do the 14-day pass instead of purchasing an annual pass. Why do you opt not to simply purchase annual passes, especially since you know you'll definitely be returning? :-) (I hope this is an OK question to ask!!)

I wondered the same thing. hehe We always get the annual pass, because that's what works for us...it seems cheaper after about 4 days to do an annual pass. I just order those every year w/o looking into anything anymore...if it's not broke...haha.

Now I'm wondering if I'm missing a good way to save a bit! Please explain! :)

LG and robo.....glad you're enjoying it.

Snoop....we just don't require one.

Planning on getting through this trip report in record time this year......took me to nearly Christmas last year........I have to say it really is easier to do pics through the computer than PB which has been a nightmare this year to get into........only 10 pics per post though.......shame it's not more.

Another great installment Carole...love, love Cowfish...thanks for the recommendation... I got the big squeal burger with pulled pork and apple bacon slaw...messy but delicious...now I'm hungry.

Another great installment Carole...love, love Cowfish...thanks for the recommendation... I got the big squeal burger with pulled pork and apple bacon slaw...messy but delicious...now I'm hungry.

Oh if I could eat coleslaw that would have been one of the burgers I'd have chosen!!! Although there's not many I wouldn't have liked! Love pulled pork!!

Glad you're enjoying reading Vicki........nice to know......I hungry too now......but we only have an hour or so till dinner.......just after 5 here.........:wave2:

Oh no...say it ain't so...no coleslaw..I know that's one of your favorite foods :sad2: I'm sorry for your loss.

Great report so far. The problem reading yours is I always get hungry from the pictures.

I'm with Tom, the Cheesecake Factory California cheese steak is so good. I love the marinara sauce on the sandwich.

Loving the trip report!!

Pics are awesome!! The lunch I brought to work today somehow seems inadequate now! :teeth:

I really like the bathrooms in the new rooms at RPR. That TV looks a little bigger than 32"?

I'm loving the report too, as usual! I'm barely able to stand the excitement - we leave for Disney in 5 days, and head to Universal for my first visit 6 days after that! Club level at RPR! I'm so excited to check out the resort and Universal for the first time. :)

Oh no...say it ain't so...no coleslaw..I know that's one of your favorite foods :sad2: I'm sorry for your loss.

lol......it did feel like a loss at the time.......now, don`t miss onions, in fact I cannot abide the smell of raw onions or garlic now, very strange as I practically used to eat onions with everything!!!

I did eye Tom`s coleslaw up once.........lol

Great report so far. The problem reading yours is I always get hungry from the pictures.

I'm with Tom, the Cheesecake Factory California cheese steak is so good. I love the marinara sauce on the sandwich.

Oh, sorry about that......lol........yep, first time he had that sandwich and he really enjoyed it, apart from the fact is was so big!!

Loving the trip report!!

Pics are awesome!! The lunch I brought to work today somehow seems inadequate now! :teeth:

I really like the bathrooms in the new rooms at RPR. That TV looks a little bigger than 32"?

Aww glad you are enjoying reading it.......nice to hear.......:-)

The bathroom is lovely! Feels very warm and cosy.........actually the whole room is like that now.......and yes the new TV's are 40" now..........

I'm loving the report too, as usual! I'm barely able to stand the excitement - we leave for Disney in 5 days, and head to Universal for my first visit 6 days after that! Club level at RPR! I'm so excited to check out the resort and Universal for the first time. :)

Thanks!!! Oh you`re going to love RPR..........and Universal of course......gosh it`s so close now for you.......it`ll be here before you know it........:)

Last edited:
TUESDAY 22ND SEPT.........

After another amazing sleep......we really do sleep so well while we are here.....we got up and I checked Skype to see if Kyle was on his computer.....he wasn`t so, I would shower then Skype him later.......just at that my IPad made the bloopy noise to tell me he was ringing me.......yay.......It was so nice to see him and we had missed him yesterday with it not working. We chatted for more than 20 minutes and showed him around the new room.......he`s not a fan of the ginormous purple flowers.....lol.....but he did like the rest of the room......Sort of. But after a while he had to go, so we got ready and headed to club lounge for breakfast. I was starving this morning......not unusual to hear that coming from me.......had our usual, toast, croissant, fruit and a donut this morning.....and coffee of course. Then did our usual of heading back to our room, but stopped off at reception and Emily who was so lovely helped us with a couple of things. Then suncream and boat today as we were going to Studios.

It was blazingly hot today........even the boat captain warned us leaving the boat it was going to be a hot one. I can`t remember what time it was but, there was no real queue going through the gates but when we walked to DM the regular queue was something like an hour.......already.....it couldn`t have been much after 9. This is where we love EP. We walked straight on only stopping to be scanned......nice and cool in here too. We all love this ride......so much fun and I`ve lost count how many times we have riddedn it since it opened, but it never gets old. We always look to see how many people put their glasses on while waiting in the queue, always at least 2. This time we didn`t see any.......not one......first time ever.......they did however tell someone twice to stop using their camera......something that would happen a few times on our trip. Worst one was The Mummy.......once you see that orange light your eyes are drawn to it! Anyway, did the ride and loved it as usual. Did get a picture with the minion.....first for a while.........

i-fxd38B4-X2.jpg

People weren't really stopping this morning so we jumped straight in.........few minutes later we were headed round to RRR. Now, I have been on this loads of times.......but today I got a sudden bout of nerves and kinda held back a little. Tom said did I not want to go on.....I did, I was just so apprehensive. Not like a warning feeling.....just pure fear!! So I stood for a minute then thought I can`t stand here all day and we went to the lockers.......went through the scanner where I buzzed.....typical.......anyway, nothing there so off I went......I was so nervous!!! Got to the front immediately, of course....and forgot to ask for front row that is much smoother.......ended up in row 5.......Tom kept asking if I was ok.......once I was harnessed in that was me, no turning back now....I picked Gloria Gaynor I will survive......as usual......and at that we were climbing.......oh my I was so scared....eyes closed and not just because of the sun. I knew it was 13 seconds to the top so I was counting and then we were over.......I love that drop!!! Ok I`m happy now and so is Tom as he can now enjoy it as I`m enjoying it........what a ride........but hells bells it`s so rough further back!! Last bit I was out my seat and landed awkwardly and knew my back stung. Surely not..........and then it was over. Gloria was right I did survive!!! I was a little woozy getting off but really enjoyed it after the climb.........the video is hilarious....or so I`m told!!! We don`t go back on it just yet and decide to head for The Mummy.

i-r84xWHd-X2.jpg

i-KmHTJ7f-X2.jpg

i-TLgGKpK-X2.jpg

i-BzQv4gF-X2.jpg

It was such a beautiful day and yes it was warm.......absolute bliss for us.......we could see some of the props for horror nights better during the day, nothing scary but interesting.

i-57CLbn3-X2.jpg

i-XJc8tvx-X2.jpg

i-NrnVmhC-X2.jpg

We walked straight on to The Mummy.......regular queue was only 20 minutes, but again we didn`t stop till we asked for first row again.......no problem. After the car was loaded from the other side we were on. This is another fantastic ride.....theming is amazing and the coaster part is so good and today it felt incredibly fast!! We had noticed sometimes later in the day it seems to speed up, but that was the fastest we had ever felt it. We immediately went round again and got the front again as it`s less bumpy. So good. But this is where we had another guy on the front row with a little hand held device and filmed the whole ride with his camera in front of him.....that little orangey/red light really distracts you........again, people have no regards for others. It`s like people who use the flash on rides they know they
shouldn't.........

i-V3sRXgC-X2.jpg

i-63qFt9W-X2.jpg

It was getting a little busier now, of course a lot were heading to Potter, but we always take our time and have five minutes here and there just stopping and taking it all in, especially on such beautiful days. We got some water from the vendor outside Richter burger and sat opposite Bruce......we took a couple of people`s pictures and of course were happy to return the compliment.......it`s kind of a rule you have to get your picture taken by the infamous shark. Although we love Potter, we still kinda yearn for the Amity days.....it had it`s own charm and of course the Jaws ride which is missed.

And a traditional pose with Bruce.......there`s always someone happy to take others pictures. We do this often and most happily accept.

i-Gz6Gr7N-X2.jpg

Last edited:
i-d9GFwcK-X2.jpg

Where was everyone? Oh I guessed they must all be inside, but it wasn`t overly busy in this area today......so we took a few obligatory pictures before heading in to ride Gringotts. We do like this ride and the whole Potter area, but as we had seen it so often we didn`t need to explore it in detail any more, so could pick and choose what we did every day. Today there hardly anyone around the Knight bus so we stopped over for some pics and a chat......they are so funny......and very clever what they pick up on to joke with you about....

i-JMZ7hff-X2.jpg

i-scghqZ8-X2.jpg

I honestly can`t remember what he said to make me laugh so hard like that, but I was doubled over at one point......again, there was no-one really around waiting so they just kept talking......eventually a family appeared and I got dragged away by Tom who was eager to go on Gringotts.

I say we are used to seeing the Potter area, but whenever we walk through the brick wall it still takes our breath away as it is so spectacular and does take to you to another dimension sensory speaking........

i-RrLtMWF-X2.jpg

i-ZTtDpw3-X2.jpg

We take a few pictures we have missed!!!! Then head to Gringotts......queue is actually 10 minutes.....really!! So we walk straight through and take some pics this time........This is amazingly themed, I defy anyone to not be impressed by it all. We like Potter, but are not the biggest fans ever.......however, we have never seen anything like this before. The level they have taken it to is spectacular.

(Can`t replace these images as they are lost to PB)

We enjoy the elevator bit despite another year of having to listen to a know it all announce what is happening next......do these people not realise there could be first timers who don`t want spoilers? Someone tells her to shoosh........lol.....wasn`t me this time.....then we get to the ride itself and we are on in minutes and get the second row this time.......it`s flawless and we enjoy the ride immensely. We go again only because there`s next to no queue........just as good second time even on the back row.

We come off and decide we want an ice cream, so Fortescues it is.......I think I had clotted cream and caramel blondie, Tom had apple crumble and I cannot remember the other but it was nice. We sat in the sun and watched what was going on around us. By now we could really feel the heat that was building. We decided to head out the Potter area, bought some water and we did Transformers before heading out of the park for the afternoon as we wanted to go to the Orlando eye and eat lunch at Yardhouse.

Last edited:
We headed back to hotel and got freshened up and headed out to our car for the short drive down to IDrive for lunch and a long awaited trip on the Orlando eye. We had seen the groundwork start for this and were desperate to go up on it. It was a beautiful day and not really cloudy so we should see for miles as promised. You really cannot this image in most places around, it is beautiful.

But first we wanted lunch, and had heard from friends YardHouse was one to try.......so we parked in the multi-storey car park which surprisingly is free to park in. Most unusual anywhere there is a new attraction. But, it wasn`t busy and we got parked easily and walked to the exit. There are a good few buildings here, some smaller eateries but the one I would have loved to be open was The Sugar Factory......had heard lots about this one from friends and relatives who had been to the one in NY. But, it`s a bit from opening yet so we will have to wait for that one.

It`s only a few minutes till we reach Yardhouse........it looks nice but very empty.

i-z8FfCn2-X2.jpg

We got seated immediately by the window and we had a look around at the place. It was interesting as they brewed their own beers upstairs and it was just a nice place that I imagine at night would have a much better atmosphere than today as it was so quiet.

i-dKF45t7-X2.jpg

The menu is huge........we really didn`t know where to start. But eventually after she had explained all the beers they brewed we asked for two cokes.....lol........asked for a few minutes to decide as we were not sure........she must have came back after about 30 seconds to ask us again if we were ready......ok.....lol.......Tom ordered a shaved steak sandwich, I asked for boneless wings and sweet potato fries......I did ask to check they didn't come with any onions or anything......she assured me they didn`t.

Toms shaved steak was in fact a whole steak, and it was a decent size, he enjoyed it and it was as he asked for it cooked. It came with truffle fries which we didn`t like at all. I looked at my wings and saw immediately they were covered in onions..........green onions, but they were sprinkled over the top.......the sweet potato fries came with a maple bacon dip......holy moly......it was lush beyond belief!!!! I could have taken a gallon of that home with me.......

i-HXgVTSp-X2.jpg

i-mSGsDCX-X2.jpg

i-kz7k4vL-X2.jpg

Rather than make a fuss, as we had waited rather a long time for our meal anyway, I picked the onions off and ate what were not the best wings I have eaten. They were quite hard and apart from the sauce which was supposed to be spicy, it wasn`t, not very tasty.......but I did enjoy those fries with the dip!!! It was an ok meal, I think I would prefer to go back at night.........maybe next year.

So now we were heading to the eye. As we approached it, Tom kept looking at me funny........as we got closer it hit me........I don`t like heights!!! What was I thinking of........my palms sweat watching anyone on anything up a height!!! And the closer we got, the higher it looked......doh!!! The area is really nice and has lots of appeal, I can imagine in a few years this place will be full of businesses, right now it was fairly quiet.

i-ZNnhpQX-X2.jpg

i-MF34FQ4-X2.jpg

i-GRS37VV-X2.jpg

i-DwfC67j-X2.jpg

Last edited:
So yes I am afraid of heights. Legs go to jelly, palms sweat and I feel dizzy.......so here I was about to go up on that huge wheel. Maybe this wasn`t such a good idea after all. I could talk myself out of anything without too much effort.....but as I really, really wanted to go on it.....we did. It was so quiet in the entrance we wondered if it was closed. You can go to Sealife or Madame Tussauds, neither of which we have any interest in so we don`t even look at them.

i-kp8nsfw-X2.jpg

We go and pay for the eye which I think was around $50 for both of us, so a real bargain we thought. I have no idea of pricing with the other attractions.......We got our tickets and went through to a theatre........never heard about this bit.....and we had 3d glasses on........there was us and another 2 women in this theatre......it was eerily quiet in here......but gloriously cool after the heat outside.

i-95Djv9B-X2.jpg

Lol.......this was weird. But it was a show about Orlando and what it had to offer, with no mention whatsoever of the mouse surprisingly.......but it lasted maybe 5 minutes.....then we exited and we were at the foot of the eye. I did hope as there were not many of us we would get a pod to ourselves.....not that we`re antisocial or anything but it would be nice. Here the guy offers to take our picture before we get on.......I`m not really feeling smiling at the moment, but anyway.......

i-mvF5fKN-X2.jpg

Was nice of him though. By now my legs are wobbling.......but I see we are indeed in one to ourselves.......I sit on the seat in the middle and cling on for dear life to the pole in the middle. It is very gentle, you barely feel you are moving at all and even I eventually start to look around us. As we get higher I`m not so confident, but it is lovely to see everything.....I never let go of that pole though till the very end and we are fairly low...........I also found it easier to look into the distance rather than look directly downwards.......that would make me feel woozy if I did that.

i-Z6kKsTF-X2.jpg

i-rM6dFks-X2.jpg

i-zvRKPHV-X2.jpg

i-5NbF8xF-X2.jpg

i-T3xvNjX-X2.jpg

i-RQmQr8D-X2.jpg

i-RQmQr8D-X2.jpg

It lasted about 30 minutes to go a full revolution and I actually did enjoy it.......and moved to the window when we were nearly back down.....lol......feel a lot happier now!!! Tom loved it, and we commented Kyle would have enjoyed it too........Tom took about 200 pictures I think up here, both scenery and me......won`t post those pictures that I look like I`m being tortured!! It was also lovely and cool up there too despite the beating sun. We were a bit worried about that, but it was lovely.

It really is good though and you can see Epcot ball and MK in one direction and just for miles all around. It`s well worth doing........and I learned how to take a picture while gripping around a pole at the same time!! Of course you exit at a gift shop, but there was nothing I would really have bought so we headed back out and walked to the car glad to be back on solid ground.

Last edited:
Love this picture of the Eye.........took it from a moving car.......

i-ssnfDgZ-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Can`t remember what time it was but we had quick visit to Bed Bath and Beyond and picked up a couple of little gadgety things form there and then swiftly went back to hotel as it was so hot. We were planning on eating at Bubba Gumps tonight. Tom had always wanted to try it again.......went in 07 and hated it......but we would try again. As we had already showered and changed we just went up to the lounge and had a couple of glasses of wine as neither of us was driving tonight. One of the joys of eating in Citywalk, not having to think about transport. We sat in the lounge and chilled out, chatted to everyone and generally passed the time. We did take some pictures of the food tonight, we don`t use it for meals but it does look good some nights......however tonight looked like a vegetarian option, but salads are always good and fresh, although tonight there was a pile of fruit in the salad`s place.

It`s always nice and quiet before the food is set out. So we had a sprite and watched some tv and chatted. The staff here make everyone feel so welcome and look after everyone so well. They are just lovely.

We eventually headed out for the boat as it was still so hot we decided not to walk tonight

i-dsVmK3x-X2.jpg

i-G34NjvJ-X2.jpg

i-NMv7Z9C-X2.jpg

We only wait a few minutes for the boat, and it`s not busy either......a few minutes later we are in Citywalk and it`s fairly busy tonight. We walk to BG and there is a slight wait......this place is busy. You can`t use priority seating here and I wish we had just left and went somewhere else there and then. They were calling for this couple for a table for two.......shouted them numerous times and we joked could we have their table......they had obviously gone.......but they continued shouting this one name. Eventually after about 15 name calls this couple opposite go up and say it`s them!!! They had been sat same time as us. Anyway, we get called and get taken through to what must be the worst table in the place......tucked away again.......we said no thank you could we have another table.....she said they were busy, so we said we would just leave and thanked her for her time......how many warnings did we need........next thing they found us a table right next to the bar area at the back......that was better.

So we ordered a couple of drinks and checked out the menu.........we ordered a couple of flavoured lemonades and a cocktail to try, the drinks were nice though and Carrie was nice I have to say. So for meals we ordered boat trash for me and ribs and shrimp for Tom. And we waited..........

i-GcmfNZj-X2.jpg

i-QjFJVjL-X2.jpg

i-xwNHKhH-X2.jpg

i-ZGHTxP4-X2.jpg

Eventually our food arrived........Tom enjoyed his ribs........his shrimp was quite nice but not very warm. Mine I have to say was the worst meal I have ever eaten, or not eaten........mine was supposed to come with snow crab......well, the shells were there but the meat inside had been eviscerated......there was nothing left save for a few tiny shreds. The rest of it was a mass of congealed grease sitting on top of one another. Deep fried mush would be a better description.......I took something off the top and pulled the mass of batter off and discovered a tiny shrimp or piece of fish inside. It just wasn't nice. I did see someone opposite us eat the same dish and they seemed to enjoy it....... Mine however should question how on earth they call themselves a seafood restaurant. If you want real seafood go somewhere else. This was our second try and never again will we eat here. Last time I ordered a fish dish and ask it not be fried just plain steamed......it arrived in a pile of grease obviously having been deep fried.........I did eat some of Tom`s shrimp as it was passable, but had very little flavour. I didn't take a picture of mine as it didn`t look nice at all.

i-p6ntGQz-X2.jpg

She did ask us a few Gump questions which we knew all the answers to......big fans of the movie.....not the food however. She saw I had hardly touched my food but didn`t ask why......so mistakenly we didn't even bother complaining.........we just wanted to leave.

So we headed back to the hotel and decided to go to the pool as it was only just 8.30. We got changed and went down and found a pair of loungers by the pool.......can`t remember what the movie was but it wasn't great.........so I ordered myself a huge cocktail and Tom got a Bud......we just chilled for the rest of the night till 10 when they blew the whistle. We went back up to our room and I had some water and went on laptop for a while.......for some reason I cannot get emails when I`m in the States....it`s so frustrating, cannot send nor receive and I had wanted to send one to Metro who we had missed with calls several times. But I would have to wait till I got home now to contact anyone now. We pulled back the drapes that the turndown lady had closed, so we could see the lights in the distance, watched something on tv......it was either two and a half men or Everybody Loves Raymond.........when we fell asleep I don`t know.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter