Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I havent been on the petro canada site in some time, but know that some things changed. Happy to announce it has changed for the better. Now all points can be redeemed at the rate of 10,000=$10 that is the same rate of PC. So before the GC were not that great of an exchange and I would hang on to my points till their 10cent off per litre cards were a good value. Now with the GC being a good value, you can get Starbucks, Keg and others. Something to look at if you collect. Redeeming for car washes not a good value.

Good to know, I've been sitting on my Petro Points for a while, trying to figure out what to do with them...

I havent been on the petro canada site in some time, but know that some things changed. Happy to announce it has changed for the better. Now all points can be redeemed at the rate of 10,000=$10 that is the same rate of PC. So before the GC were not that great of an exchange and I would hang on to my points till their 10cent off per litre cards were a good value. Now with the GC being a good value, you can get Starbucks, Keg and others. Something to look at if you collect. Redeeming for car washes not a good value.

Not much in there. Thank goodness my local store is STILL having grand re-opening air miles deals. I figure they must have lost a lot of customers when the store was in complete renovation the last 6 months. Spend $150, get 100 miles. I'll take it, plus My Offers.

Then I will load up the rest at Superstore for PC points.

Ours stores had that for almost 6 months when we had one of our Safeways remodeled. It was awesome! I took advantage of all the miles I could while it lasted. Hope you can score lots of miles with that promo. :flower1:

I know there has been talk about Metro no longer participating in Air Miles....I just received this email from Metro

Dear Metro Customer,

Metro & AIR MILES have had a long-standing partnership that extends to almost 20 years. Metro has proudly sponsored the AIR MILES Reward Program since 1998, offering Dream Rewards and opportunities to save on grocery shopping. Metro stores have also been a destination for AIR MILES Cash redemptions in Ontario since the introduction of this feature in 2012.

Metro will continue to offer this benefit for as long as it continues to meet the needs of our customers. We are committed to putting our shoppers at the centre of everything that we do and will continue to partner with organizations that help us bring value to our customers every day.

As always, remember, that for every $20 spent at a Metro store, you'll get 1 Mile, plus the opportunity to use your Cash Miles anytime towards free groceries. And keep your eyes peeled for more opportunities to get even more Miles on thousands of products across the store every day.

If you haven't already, visit metro.ca today to link your AIR MILES Card to take advantage of personalized offers just for you.

20170125-signature.jpg

Carmen Fortino
Executive Vice President & Ontario Division Head
Metro Ontario Inc.

I know there has been talk about Metro no longer participating in Air Miles....I just received this email from Metro

Dear Metro Customer,

Metro & AIR MILES have had a long-standing partnership that extends to almost 20 years. Metro has proudly sponsored the AIR MILES Reward Program since 1998, offering Dream Rewards and opportunities to save on grocery shopping. Metro stores have also been a destination for AIR MILES Cash redemptions in Ontario since the introduction of this feature in 2012.

Metro will continue to offer this benefit for as long as it continues to meet the needs of our customers. We are committed to putting our shoppers at the centre of everything that we do and will continue to partner with organizations that help us bring value to our customers every day.

As always, remember, that for every $20 spent at a Metro store, you'll get 1 Mile, plus the opportunity to use your Cash Miles anytime towards free groceries. And keep your eyes peeled for more opportunities to get even more Miles on thousands of products across the store every day.

If you haven't already, visit metro.ca today to link your AIR MILES Card to take advantage of personalized offers just for you.

20170125-signature.jpg

Carmen Fortino
Executive Vice President & Ontario Division Head
Metro Ontario Inc.

I got it too
looks like they are sticking around for now and let's hope they increase their airmiles offerings.
Hugs Mel

So very quick look at Sobeys this week and they do have Super Bowl AM specials. Buy 4 items and get 50AM. A lot of ElPaso taco kits, but avacados at 1.67. If you like avacados like we do this is an easy 50 am. $6.70 for 4, then you get just over $5 in AM, good return. The others are not too bad, some Taco kits for 2.99 salsa for the same. There is also some energy bars, if your into them, 1.67 wyb 4 for 10AM.

So very quick look at Sobeys this week and they do have Super Bowl AM specials. Buy 4 items and get 50AM. A lot of ElPaso taco kits, but avacados at 1.67. If you like avacados like we do this is an easy 50 am. $6.70 for 4, then you get just over $5 in AM, good return. The others are not too bad, some Taco kits for 2.99 salsa for the same. There is also some energy bars, if your into them, 1.67 wyb 4 for 10AM.
Was just going to post about this. I'll have to go early to get the 2 avocados my store will put out lol.
Between this offer and the yoghurt I should get 200 airmiles fairly easily.

Also.. just out of curiosity, dis everyone's avatar change or just mine? This is my old one and it's been something else for about 2 years.:confused3

Changed it back pretty easily. Maybe I messed it up without realizing it.

Just did a last minute run to Sobeys, for anyone else doing the same, a few things I wasn't expecting:

Larabar Bites (part of 75am wus $25 promo) - also had an additional 10 am wub 2
Franks Sauce (25am wub 2 promo), bought 4, 2 original, 2 buffalo wings, received an extra 6 airmiles (so 25 + 25 + 3 + 3), not sure if it's for each 2 or a particular type.
Itunes GC (sign said 50am wus $50), received 60 airmiles (not sure whether promo was for 60, could have been sign incorrect??)

Also bought lettuce in preparation for Taco night tomorrow, considered getting the lean ground beef (on sale, no am), has airmiles tomorrow but is also more expensive. I should have enough in the freezer so passed this time.

Also.. just out of curiosity, dis everyone's avatar change or just mine? This is my old one and it's been something else for about 2 years.:confused3

Changed it back pretty easily. Maybe I messed it up without realizing it.
Mine changed from Eeyore to Pooh and Piglet(my old ones).
Hmmmm.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter