Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Apologies in advance for any spelling errors - I'm pretty pumped for this!

Sobey's/Safeway in the west is having another "Blue Friday" event! Looks like there are some awesome deals tomorrow only, and I think I'll be able to bring one daughter with me to make two transactions for an additional 95 airmiles each (spend $95 get 95 airmiles). Some of the bonus airmiles offers are Jane's chicken wings (just in time for Superbowl) $9.99 each, buy 2 get 50 airmiles, Nestle water 24x500ml $4.99, buy 2 get 50 airmiles, Swanson Steamfresh Vegetables $1.99, buy 5 get 50 airmiles, Purina Cat Chow $6.99, buy two get 40 airmiles, Finish Dishwasher Tabs $15.49 buy 1 get 50 airmiles, Old Duth Potato Chips 4 for $11.00, buy 4 get 50 airmiles, Maple Leaf (or Schneider's) bacon $4.49, buy 4 get 50 airmiles, Viva Paper Towels $6.99, buy 2 get 50 airmiles, Cracker Barrel Cheese/Cheeze Wiz/Kraft Singles $5.99, buy 3 get 75 airmiles, 10 lb navel oranges, buy 1 get 25 airmiles, Oliviari Pasta and Sauces $4.99 buy 4 get 50 airmiles....

When all is said and done, I'll get over 1000 airmiles tomorrow, and my second daughter will have approximately 1100, with a planned 3 transactions. Pretty happy with this! I'll Post tomorrow night once I have a total.

Also, went to Rexall today. Had the Spend $30.00 get 50 airmiles email coupon and the Spend $30.00 get 50 airmiles on the Load and Go app. I bought 2 of the Rexall brand Ibuprofen extra strength liquid gels 100ct for $14.99 each, a 4 pack of Coffee Crisps for Hubs (his kryptonite) and a Reeses Snack mix for myself. Spent a total of $38.07, got 116 airmiles!

Should be a good airmiles weekend for me
Lots of stuff at Sobeys for me that we need and a few things at Metro,

Sobeys:
1x Miracle whip 3.99
2x fajita dinner kit 3.99
1x Kraft salad dressing 2.99
= 50airmiles
4 avocados 6.76
= 50 airmiles
Maple Leaf Prime chicken
4 boxes at 7.99 each=31.96
=50 airmiles

Metro:
haagen dazs ice cream
2x 5.99=11.98
=25 airmiles

Last edited:

Sobey's/Safeway in the west is having another "Blue Friday" event! Looks like there are some awesome deals tomorrow only, and I think I'll be able to bring one daughter with me to make two transactions for an additional 95 airmiles each (spend $95 get 95 airmiles). Some of the bonus airmiles offers are Jane's chicken wings (just in time for Superbowl) $9.99 each, buy 2 get 50 airmiles, Nestle water 24x500ml $4.99, buy 2 get 50 airmiles, Swanson Steamfresh Vegetables $1.99, buy 5 get 50 airmiles, Purina Cat Chow $6.99, buy two get 40 airmiles, Finish Dishwasher Tabs $15.49 buy 1 get 50 airmiles, Old Duth Potato Chips 4 for $11.00, buy 4 get 50 airmiles, Maple Leaf (or Schneider's) bacon $4.49, buy 4 get 50 airmiles, Viva Paper Towels $6.99, buy 2 get 50 airmiles, Cracker Barrel Cheese/Cheeze Wiz/Kraft Singles $5.99, buy 3 get 75 airmiles, 10 lb navel oranges, buy 1 get 25 airmiles, Oliviari Pasta and Sauces $4.99 buy 4 get 50 airmiles....

When all is said and done, I'll get over 1000 airmiles tomorrow, and my second daughter will have approximately 1100, with a planned 3 transactions. Pretty happy with this! I'll Post tomorrow night once I have a total.
That is fantastic!!

Yes I'm planning on stocking up on some things as well and getting a wack of AM!

The weirder thing is that all of you that are saying your tickers are the same ? I get that little error box where your pic should be. I can't see any of them.

Now that you mention it some people who usually have an avatar are just words (no picture). Some of you are how I always see you. This is strange.

Sobeys:
1x Miracle whip 3.99
= 50airmiles
4 avocados 6.76
= 50 airmiles
Maple Leaf Prime chicken
=50 airmiles

Metro:
haagen dazs ice cream
2x 5.99=11.98
=25 airmiles

Love how Haagen Dazs is on the need list--obviously we think alike!!

Now officially 103 AM from second pass, think between the Sobeys superbowl 50 AM specials others posted above and a couple of the Metro deals (Shreddies) I should make it pretty easily this week!

I agree with others that I don't like doing 2 stores, so I generally do my big order at the one where I need the most (this week, likely Sobeys), and then mid-week I usually realise I forgot something, or need fresh fruit, veg, milk and then do my second run to the ther spot. If it doesn't happen, no issue, but if I am going out anyways, I can take advantage of both!!

Sobeys:
1x Miracle whip 3.99
= 50airmiles
4 avocados 6.76
= 50 airmiles
Maple Leaf Prime chicken
=50 airmiles

Metro:
haagen dazs ice cream
2x 5.99=11.98
=25 airmiles
Add another 50 AM for you,, ML prime chicken is 2 boxes = 50 AM better deal . Enjoy
Edit I was wrong, saw something i did not. it is just ML chicken 2boxes = 25AM

Last edited:
Anyone else get an email from airmilesshops.ca? I just got one telling me that 50 air miles was added to my account, as a thanks, just for being awesome. Yes that's what it says in the email, seriously. I haven't purchased anything from airmilesshops.ca since December so maybe that's why.

Just back from Sobey's

4 - Kraft Dressing (50AM)
4 - Avocados (50AM)
1 - Tortilla bowl
2 - Flour Tortilla
1 - Taco shell (50AM)
2 - Prime Chicken (25AM)

spent $45 got 175 AM

The avocados AM didn't come through on the receipt so I had to get them to add them at Customer Service.

I didn't realize you can get 50 AM for every 4 of those advertised items...I might have to stock up on salad dressing, lol.

Ok I just went to Sobey's . I spent $105.35 and got earned 249 airmiles.:thumbsup2
I was also talking to my mom today and she asked if she could order me a 5 day Disney pass with her airmiles for my birthday:banana:. It was a sweet offer, as we all know how precious those hard earned airmiles are. She was going to just buy me a ticket for my birthday but when I pointed out the value was so much better by getting it from airmiles and not paying exchange she wanted to do it that way.
So I'm officially one ticket away from my goal for August.

Slightly off topic... I have two trip tickers right now, and had to get rid of my airmiles ticker because they stack on top of eachother and get too tall for the text box. Does anyone know how to make the tickers go side by side instead?

I dont normally shop at metro, but might be picking up some OJ 10am wyb 2@3.99 or shreddies 10am wyb 2@2.99. both we use and half decent price.

Thanks for posting about the Shreddies, didn't realized there was an airmiles promo on it. I bought Shreddies, Shredded Wheat (family favourite) and Honey Bunches of Oats (had coupons I was going to use up at Shoppers until I saw your post). $22, 50 am. Not sure what other Post cereals were included.

Also shopped at Sobeys, 350am, $88 I think, that's by far the most I've ever received without giftcard promos. Avocado ams didn't come up for me either, store added them.

I'm saving for one more DW ticket before the end of February, then I will likely slow down the airmiles hunt.

Last edited:
Well, DH's account just hit 2055 miles tonight. He was sitting at 2037 this afternoon until his gas miles kicked in. LAST PASS was ordered tonight!
Crazy to think we are now the proud owners of three 5-day WDW passes and three 2-day PTP US passes - all since April 2016. Unbelievable and FREE :)
Thanks to the Forum for all the tips and tricks! Now, DH's account will be strictly CASH miles as I build mine back up with DREAM miles.

OK... you know you're AM obsessed when you're sitting in Emergency with your son who needs a cast for his wrist he just fractured, and you're thinking .... FFS so much for my Blue Friday bonus AM shopping at Safeway tonight. :rolleyes1

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-miles-devalue-points-rewards-1.3955506

Not too alarming and I was expecting some type of devaluation when the expiration plans were canned. Headline is "Air Miles quietly drops value of some points, angering collectors".

Looks like it's just vacation packages at this point:
"Air Miles told CBC News Friday that it adjusted the pricing for vacation packages because this is a "subsidized" rewards category requiring a higher level of customer support."

When the expiration policy was cancelled, they were clear something was going to change: "However, they may end up paying some kind of price down the road. To make up for the loss, the company plans to "adjust" its offerings to collectors, it stated in a financial disclosure filed Thursday."

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter