Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm going to have to look into getting my own card and taking these PC points seriously.

I'm trying to talk DH into getting the PC World Elite MasterCard. It gives 3% in points on all purchases at Loblaws stores, plus 1% on other purchases. Given how much I spend on groceries, it seems worthwhile to me (no annual fee).

PC points is a game too, but it is free. I split my normal shopping between Zehrs and No Frills. I find the offers really dry up if I do most of my shopping at No Frills. I always debate is it better to taking the savings on the weekly groceries or get the PC points.

Time is an issue too, I usually can not get everything I need at No Frills so do have to hit 2 stores. One stop shopping is always nice.

For those that received the mailed exclusive Shell offer for up to 125 bonus am with 5 fill-ups, reminder that today is the last day. Loved this offer, receipts kept track of fill-ups and when you earned the bonus points.

Also, might be a lot of wishful thinking here, but my Sobeys has a counter stand-up with pictures of gcs on it and an arrow pointing to "This week's offer" and the itunes gc promo listed. Hopefully they will have some good gc promos in the coming weeks.

I'm trying to talk DH into getting the PC World Elite MasterCard. It gives 3% in points on all purchases at Loblaws stores, plus 1% on other purchases. Given how much I spend on groceries, it seems worthwhile to me (no annual fee).

I have this card and use it a lot. I only use it at SDM and Loblaws grocery stores. My next best card earns 2% which I use for travel so the idea when I got the PC card was that when I use $100 in points I'd withdraw the "2%" portion ($66) in cash from the bank and save it for travel, thus being ahead $34. Well after a couple of times it became just one more thing to do so now it mostly goes to groceries. We hosted 4 get-togethers this Christmas so I was actually really glad to have the points. I did however use the points to buy a couple of Roam Mobility sim cards at Superstore for our USA/Disney trip last August.

Wanted to weigh in that I actually had a semi-decent Sobeys week for the first time in a while. Here were some of the offers that I picked up on:
- spend $25 on GM cereal, get 75 AM (kids live off Cheerios)
- Frank's Hot sauce, buy 2, get 25 AM (did this twice, including with their honey garlic marinade/cooking sauce which I will try out with the ribs I picked up)
- Herbal Essences, buy 1, get 10 AM (got 4, $3.99 isn't a horrible price and I am so close to our second ticket and want to get enough before end of Feb when prices go up!)
- buy 3 Valaggio (?) bread, get 25 AM
- few other targeted offers and some smaller ones, all in, spent $200 and got 323, which included a lot of groceries which weren't AM-earners, but we actually needed :) Now only about 100 away from next ticket!

I ended up going to Nofrills and Sobey's. Got 6500 PC points, and should have gotten 150 airmiles, but 75 of them didn't show on the receipt (the General Mills/ Libertee 75 airmile deal). I thought about getting back in line with my receipt but absolutely knew I was going to hear "Come back when the manager is here on Monday" so I will just call airmiles tomorrow and see if they will adjust it. I was very careful to get the right products in the correct sizes and spent over $25. It's all there on the receipt so I'm hoping I won't have to go back in.

Great to know. Thanks!

Ok, up now waiting on a washing machine so i took the time to find out what the website says ---
Metro
View attachment 216402
Rexall
View attachment 216403

Sobeys
View attachment 216404
And Shell
View attachment 216406
their direct website

View attachment 216405
I've always *assumed * (careful with that word :P )because the word GIFT CARD is NOT in the Shell exclusions that means they are the ONLY place i can redeem cash miles for gift cards -- also the only place i *think* you can EARN if you purchases them there!

Well I called. First call was a waste. The person didn't understand me at all, kept me on the phone a long time, and ended up saying "Keep your receipt and they should post or try again in 120 days". Ummm..no... the airmiles should have been on the receipt, they aren't, so they aren't going to appear and I'm not waiting 120 days to resolve that. So I thanked him and called back.
The next rep told me I should be trying to fix it online but this one time she could help and added the 75 miles. A little more hassle than I wanted but at least it's done.
Now to get the 6000 bonus points that didn't post from PC points this weekend. Sigh.
I am really tired of online resolution for these kinds of things. Basically it just feels like a great way to be ignored. I find it so much more effective to call and speak to a live person.

pigletto, what's the online solution. I always call Sobey's customer service if I find an error after I leave the store. My 75AM posted on my receipt when I picked up the items for my General Mills offer last week so I agree you shouldn't have had to wait until 120 days. That being said keep an eye on what they actually post as "Goodwill". I was told they would give my 25AM for an error the other week and they ended up only posting 15AM. I'm not going to call them back over that. I was a little annoyed but by posting this now I feel like I've had my 10AM worth of complaining about it.

We are going to be using Air Miles to buy our tickets for DLR. Does anyone know if we can take the vouchers and go directly to the turnstile to switch them to the actual park tickets? I'd rather not go to the ticket window if I don't have to. I read on another board that vouchers can be exchanged at the turnstiles, but it wasn't specified that they were Air Miles tickets.

We are going to be using Air Miles to buy our tickets for DLR. Does anyone know if we can take the vouchers and go directly to the turnstile to switch them to the actual park tickets? I'd rather not go to the ticket window if I don't have to. I read on another board that vouchers can be exchanged at the turnstiles, but it wasn't specified that they were Air Miles tickets.

I just ordered two separate Disneyland Parkhoppers from Airmiles this past month and they were both hard tickets, not vouchers, so we can head straight to the turnstiles :)

PC points is a game too, but it is free. I split my normal shopping between Zehrs and No Frills. I find the offers really dry up if I do most of my shopping at No Frills. I always debate is it better to taking the savings on the weekly groceries or get the PC points.

Time is an issue too, I usually can not get everything I need at No Frills so do have to hit 2 stores. One stop shopping is always nice.

This is so true. I havent been shopping at the Real Canadian Superstore much since Walmart price matches virtually any store on the Flipp App. Real Canadian Superstore only allows select local stores and they limit the quantity you can price match on. So since I haven't been using my PC Card much, the email offers aren't good anymore. I'm almost at 150,000 pc points but it's taken a while to get there.

I don't like fighting the masses when going to superstore. But I do LOVE LOVE LOVE their click and collect program. For $3.00 or $5.00 they will pick your groceries for you. I have found this to be sooooooooooooo time saving for me in the spring/summer/fall when we are at the lake on weekends and don't get home until late Sunday evening. I can just drive up to the side of the store, call their number and they bring the groceries to my car. For me, it is worth the 3 or 5 bucks. I tend to avoid superstore or go earlier or later to avoid the crowds. That's usually the only way I do superstore. I don't shop at Walmart as our local store is not a good one.
I tend to go to Safeway and No frills more as they are on my side of the city and I don't have to drive across town to get to them. But I will go to Superstore if I do the click and collect.

Thrifty's has a "spend $75 to get 95AM" going on til tomorrow. I had the cashier stop the first transaction at $75.96 (before taxes), and then carry on. I was $14 short for another 95AM, but due to some in-store specials I got a total of 135AM, and so I'm only about 5 away from getting my 5DPH for June! I'm so glad because I wanted to get the cheaper ticket before it went up again in February.

Yay!

Thrifty's has a "spend $75 to get 95AM" going on til tomorrow. I had the cashier stop the first transaction at $75.96 (before taxes), and then carry on. I was $14 short for another 95AM, but due to some in-store specials I got a total of 135AM, and so I'm only about 5 away from getting my 5DPH for June! I'm so glad because I wanted to get the cheaper ticket before it went up again in February.

Yay!

I went yesterday, spent $80.66 and got 127AM. We have APs so I've switched to cash miles in order to get Starbucks GCs for our trip! I've got to pop in this afternoon and might see if I can get to $75 without buying stuff we don't need! :)

Since using my Airmiles is involved I'm going to ask my question here. All opinions welcome.

My DD and I have just booked to go to WDW for March break. I'm stumped on what to do about park passes. I feel like we would be best with 3 day tickets but that is not an AM option. I do have an unused 2 day ticket at home but only one and I also have old no expire tickets with 3 days left on mine and 4 days on DD's. I feel like the no expire tickets should be held for a time when I don't have AM or for very short trip(such as a long weekend) which I have been known to take occasionally. So should I just order the 5 day tickets(even though we might not use all the days) from AM or do you see any other good options. I am trying to keep costs down.

Since using my Airmiles is involved I'm going to ask my question here. All opinions welcome.

My DD and I have just booked to go to WDW for March break. I'm stumped on what to do about park passes. I feel like we would be best with 3 day tickets but that is not an AM option. I do have an unused 2 day ticket at home but only one and I also have old no expire tickets with 3 days left on mine and 4 days on DD's. I feel like the no expire tickets should be held for a time when I don't have AM or for very short trip(such as a long weekend) which I have been known to take occasionally. So should I just order the 5 day tickets(even though we might not use all the days) from AM or do you see any other good options. I am trying to keep costs down.
Ok so imho. Use your 2 day ticket on yourself. Then use your non expire ticket on howany more days you need. Your dd has a 4 day already use it. If your not doing 5 days then i wouldnt use the new tickets for that. BUT i would get those AM tickets now if you have the points since they wont expire. Unless you do weekend trips alot. By the sounds of this one you are only looking at 3-4days. I would use the tickets in hand. My 2cents
Edit. We will be on the boardwalk for part of march break hope to see ya

Ok so imho. Use your 2 day ticket on yourself. Then use your non expire ticket on howany more days you need. Your dd has a 4 day already use it. If your not doing 5 days then i wouldnt use the new tickets for that. BUT i would get those AM tickets now if you have the points since they wont expire. Unless you do weekend trips alot. By the sounds of this one you are only looking at 3-4days. I would use the tickets in hand. My 2cents
Edit. We will be on the boardwalk for part of march break hope to see ya
We do try to work in a 3-4 day weekend trip once a year and in future want to do it twice a year. I think that's why I'm apprehensive to use those old tickets.

We just talked some more about it and for sure we will spend 3 full days in a park but DD is asking if we could perhaps use the other two admissions by just going in around dinner time and staying for a few hours on the evening. That actually doesn't sound bad to me. We want to have a few days relaxing at the pool and would end up going somewhere for dinner anyway. I'm thinking that's not the worst way in the world to use tickets....is it?

For sure we are taking a Christmas trip this year but don't know where. If I knew it would be WDW I would use my AM now and get tickets. I've got 20k miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter