• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

Yep, 4 weeks from yesterday and we pull in. Will start the general prep work in about two weeks.

Time getting close folks!

According to the news a local business man bought the car. It was used in the second season of the Andy Griffith show. A retired officer here I used to work with has a collection of old police cars. He drives them around some and uses them in parades.

Still sleeping
Sleeping?!

You live in prime camping land and it's prime season. Shoot, I've been out 3 weekends in the last 5 and we just stopped dropping below freezing 2 weeks ago. I'm probably going to get another local weekend in before heading to GSP.

How do you like the cover though? That is on my short list of things to still buy for the new camper. I didn't have one on my old 5er and 13 years of sitting in the sun had the exterior looking a little rough.

j

My work schedule is currently keeping me out of the campgrounds.

The cover like this one will last about 2 years, 3 if I am very lucky. It is my second one since I bought the camper. It is a temporary fix. I have my eye on a 12x40 portable building to put in that spot for something more permanent. Putting the cover on and off takes about an hour. Just have to be real careful not to step on skylights, or worse, step off of the roof.

There is one place near me that does indoor storage, but it's $250/month. I figure a $500 cover every few years is more cost effective. I watched the YouTube video of the guy putting a cover on a toyhauler. It took him about 10 minutes... in the video. I'm sure there are at least another 60 minutes that were conveniently edited out.

j

Hardest part is centering it up. Try standing on it...and trying to move it over. I like this cover since the straps are elastic and there are enough to keep it secure.

Big piece of advice, use pipe insulation or pool noodles to cover up all sharp edges like the metal flange above the door and the attachments on the ends of the gutter. These things quickly cut holes in the cover and it just comes apart from there.

Big piece of advice, use pipe insulation or pool noodles to cover up all sharp edges like the metal flange above the door and the attachments on the ends of the gutter. These things quickly cut holes in the cover and it just comes apart from there.
That is the biggest thing I heard when reading about them. They cut very easily. Do you have extended gutter spouts on yours? Mine came with extensions that stick out 4 or 5 inches. I'll assume they will go right through a cover or break off.

j

Yes to the extended gutters. I bought 6 tennis balls & cut a slot in each of them. Put one on each of the extensions and one on each exterior doorstop. They each cut through my last cover.

Yeah Randy, not much longer.

I'm at work, I'm pulling a 10 week hitch this trip. I'm ready for it to be over with but I still have 3 more weeks!

That explains it. 10 weeks at sea? Pretty sure my DW wouldn't like that. It was bad enough when we worked different shifts.

See you in 4 weeks!

j

Yeah, but I can claim to be broke due to paying for all the sites.

I think it's pretty FANTASTIC that Randy was willing to put in 10 straight weeks in order to get time off around the holiday weekend in order to come to Gulf and visit with the rest of us. He's already met me and Michael (and while if he has any regrets on THAT topic, he has kept them to himself) but he's taking a chance on the rest of you. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1

Yep, inside of a month now.

Bama Ed

Booked an overnight site in Athens, AL for the drive down. Looks like a fast on and off and it's about half way.

In a prep note. I fixed the check valve for my auxiliary tank. It was stuck. And replaced the rear brakes on my truck. I think I got nearly every possible mile out of them. What do you think?

brakepads_zps0sq478jv.jpg~original

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter