• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

Actually, bring 2 chairs. I have an 18 year old that doesn't appreciate what he has. Learning the finer points of a long handled brush may do him some good.

j

In that case, I'll hold off cleaning mine until you get there.

Thanks for sharing Randy. I looked and mine was in my Spam folder. Normally I just delete that without looking.

Did someone say free camper wash ??? Mine will only need the front touched up but hey free is a good deal on anything.

Over 17,000 views at this point and we still haven't even had the meet yet. Oh dear. :scared:

I think it's the part of the human condition that LOVES a good train wreck!. :worship:

Bama Ed

Over 17,000 views at this point and we still haven't even had the meet yet. Oh dear. :scared:

I think it's the part of the human condition that LOVES a good train wreck!. :worship:

Bama Ed

I wonder if they would up set if we don't post any pictures while we're there!?

So I did not get any email from GSP yet, but I did book after most of you. I thought there was talk of a shrimp boil. When are we planning this? I am thinking a big pot luck. I guess that is what happens when the women come and post. I am trying to plan food, even though I am not the cook. However I want to get him planning on the menus for the week.

Of course am thrilled about the Buffet concert.

I think it's the part of the human condition that LOVES a good train wreck!.

Train guy.gif

True Ed. Garneska, Randy had offered to do a shrimp boil on one of the evenings and we certainly don't mind doing a cooking at our pad on another evening if the schedules line up. We realize that everybody will kinda have their own agenda going on but we can sort some of that out once we get down there and meet up. Randy, what evening was it you were looking to do the cooking again?

I thought there was talk of a shrimp boil. When are we planning this? I am thinking a big pot luck. I guess that is what happens when the women come and post. I am trying to plan food, even though I am not the cook. However I want to get him planning on the menus for the week.

Ugh! Planning? Really? Next you'll want to:

- Book dining reservations 6 months in advance.

- Plan every day's movements 60 days in advance including some hourly details.

- Queue for an hour to get in somewhere while convincing ourselves it's worth it.

Why so much planning?

Cebv198beoB4Q.gif

I end up going to the Super Wal-Mart (just outside GSP) nearly every day for some reason or another while I'm there. Bert is always welcome to snag a ride if he needs something.

In fairness, though, there were some kinda local folks who expressed an interest in coming over (like west beach bum) so we should at least nail down one night for their sake.

Bama Ed

PS - Kris, I sense you're still not getting the hang of this "go to the beach to relax" thing. When you get to the mental state where advance planning means, "what do I want to do/eat/see tomorrow", THEN you've arrived at the "Bama Ed Beach State of Mind". ::yes::

Last edited:
It doesn't matter to me which day we do the boiled shrimp, in fact I've been meaning to mention that another captain I work with in laws own a very popular seafood restaurant in downtown Mobile and they specialized in boiled shrimp, crawfish etc. Anyways I talked to him about some shrimp and they said they'd make me a good deal on some already boiled, I'd have to just run and pick them up. It's up to yall what we do,... I was thinking about getting some crawfish too. Don't worry about the cost, as Tiggerdad as been saying "I'm paying for it." Just let me know your thoughts on what day and which you want me to do.

PS, Michael I like cheese in my grits to go along with that roadkill breakfast.

PSS, the only thing we have planned is the Buffett concert, and the Blue Angeles. My wife is a school teacher and she will have to go into work that Thrusday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday is the last day I believeo_O, so I will probably be by myself thrusday evening and she will come over Friday after work.

I'm with Randy. Any evening is good with us. We're not much for cooking except I am a great grill operator. I do have a 10 year old that will also have to attend school Tuesday so the wife may have to go home Monday night. We'll probably let her skip Wednesday tog o to the Blue Angles show. They usually don't do anything the last day and dismiss early anyway.

Randy I'm hoping to roll in Friday around noon and just wait if my site is not clear. I'm hoping this new express check in works and they have some kind of dedicated lane to pull through where they just check the list and wave you in. That will make my day much better. I could be completely done setting up by the time my family arrives. That makes for a happy wife.

We can bring cooker and pot and boil potatoes and corn to go with it also. I wouldn't shoot for the day of the Buffet concert or the Blue Angels since some of us will be running all over.

Randy, if you have to head back to Mobile I'll give you a hand. No way you doing all this on your own.

Also, my youngest turns 5 y/o while we are down there so we are planning on doing her a small BD at the camper and getting her a cake and cooking. I am debating on frying a turkey for that or doing the Taco soup that we cooked when we did our group meet at the Fort this past October. So, I will feed any of you that are interested that evening. Probably the evening of the 3rd or 4th. No presents, we will do her another BD party after we get home and she will have the family party then and the grandparents can go spend crazy on her then.

You guys want bird or taco? I realize neither matches a beach theme but hey, you're getting cake too.

Outside of those days we are wide open and nothing planned.

Last edited:
Randy I'm hoping to roll in Friday around noon and just wait if my site is not clear. I'm hoping this new express check in works and they have some kind of dedicated lane to pull through where they just check the list and wave you in. That will make my day much better. I could be completely done setting up by the time my family arrives. That makes for a happy wife.

I'll check your site along with Randy's since you both are rolling in on that Friday. In fact, I'll give you an update that Thursday evening if they are already cleared out. I remember last year I arrived on the Thursday before Memorial Day Weekend and that campground was nearly a ghost town. There were only like three of us camping on Bobcat that evening. I'll let ya know.

Yeah, I replied to the email and haven't heard anything back so far about the express check-in. Let me know if any of you hear back.

Yeah thinking we might want to identify one evening as our "official DIS meet" in case one of the other locals want to head over. Maybe sit around and tell Disney stories or what made us fall in love with Disney (something super cheesy like that) lol

Ps, I didn't get an email from the park yet either.

Alright yall, I just got what Gulf State Park and I paid my bill for my campsite, paying in full automatically puts your name on the "express check in" and since we booked before the $7 a day raise in rates we would be grandfathered into paying old rates. The lady said to get in early on Friday it's going to be a busy day. She said 2 o'clock would be good a good time, maybe call and see if your site is clear, or like we said Michael can check it out for us. I asked her if my site is clear early in the morning I can come on in, she said yes. So that's all the information I have now. I never had a reply online, I just called the Campground.

Yeah Flame, if our sites are both clear and if you want we could run together over there early Friday morning. We'll just have to play it by ear, I just wanna get across that Bayway before it turns into a parking lot.

I really like that idea about the official dis meet Bishoparc,

I'm up for anything. We don't have any plans except arrive Saturday mid-afternoon and leave the following Saturday morning. The Blue Angels sounds fun.
My niece and her fiance are coming down on Monday. Or at least I think Monday. Her best friend is getting married on Saturday. I don't think they will be in good enough shape to get up Sunday morning and drive 12 hours. They were going to call. Neither one has ever seen the ocean.

As for the shrimp boil/peel and eat, we should probably wait until at least Tuesday so Ed can enjoy.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter