Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

Nope, we will be in Pensacola watching the Blue Angels the morning after concert. I'm going to kick @SouthAlabama5er out of the bed early and take him along. I'll post some pics of him as those screaming loud jets go overhead.

We are going to try really hard to go see the Blue Angels on Wednesday. If we make it I better bring ear plugs.

Saw that, and so did wife. Had to quickly scroll on down.

Perhaps if we all got together and formulated a plan to sneak off...

It can be done, all its going to take is some nice comfortable hammocks and some fruity drinks for the ladies.... we can all sneak out the back gate in Ed's Suburban (it's quieter than our diesel trucks)

It can be done, all its going to take is some nice comfortable hammocks and some fruity drinks for the ladies.... we can all sneak out the back gate in Ed's Suburban (it's quieter than our diesel trucks)

Good idea. Since Ed's vehicle is on another loop it will make sneaking out easier as well.

Now, just gotta get some $1 bills.

Sorry I've been absent this week, my wife's 87 year old grandmother that lives with us fell and broke her hip and wrist last Monday so it's been a week for sure...

My wife's going to follow me over in our Lincoln Town Car so we can shuttle folks back and forth as well if needed since we're from the area and know it well.

Tick, tick, tick...

2 short months from today, I'll be getting off work and heading out to GSP.

j

Wish I could do the Flora-bama. But we hope to be watching the blues and spending the day on base. Hopefully my fire chief buddy will be working that day and can get us some VIP treatment.

Last edited:
Tick, tick, tick...

2 short months from today, I'll be getting off work and heading out to GSP.

j

I'll already be there. Told my wife she could get her shopping out of the way on the first full day we are there.

This means by the time you get there I'll be broke...but happy.

Wish I could do the Flor-a-bama. But we hope to be watching the blues and spending the day on base. Hopefully my fire chief buddy will be working that day and can get us some VIP treatment.

Yeah, my wife already saw that and said "uh, no". So, is that the same day we are heading over to Pensacola?

Told my wife she could get her shopping out of the way on the first full day we are there.
That won't work at my trailer. DW thinks every vacation day is "shopping day".

Yeah, my wife already saw that and said "uh, no". So, is that the same day we are heading over to Pensacola?
Funny. My DW said "Have a nice time." But that was in the same tone of voice that she says "Fine" and "Nothing".

I'm definitely in on the NAS Blue Angels trip. If that happens to coincide with the Florabama entertainment, then... You know, we have to drive right past the Florabama Lounge going to (and coming from) the NAS...

Hmm, the possibilities.

j

Okay bad news. Sort of. My Chief Buddy is working the air show day but he says with the base security policies they basically close the base off just past the museum so there is nothing he can do. So it's just the air show and museum time for us I guess.

Last edited:
No problem Flametamr,

We still get to see the Blue Angels and the museum is always good.

j

Yep, appreciate you trying but it will still be a riot getting to the see the show and touring the museum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter