VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I made reservations for CP last week when the "glitch" occurred. Many are expecting the official release tomorrow morning when ADRs open up. I too expect it to open tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Hope this helps Greg. Last year it was officially open on July 8 FWIW.

Someone was told by a CM that reservations would open up on the 7th. Guess we'll see very soon!
Kathy n Friendly we got the table today. I had heard people were reserving earlier as well. Then no tables. Stupid glitch. But we got the day we hoped for, Christmas Eve and restaurant San Angel. All is well that ends well. Just starting to panic a bit.

Wooza, I hate not catching up.

Happy Belated birthday Oshawa!! Hope your day was magical.
Sleep and luv, lifting a glass (of orange juice, lol it is 6 am) and wishing you many, many more years of love and disney magic.

Just back from a trip to Montreal Canada. LOL, felt really weird spending the 4th in another country. Although due to the proximity to the US, Canada is pretty good with bringing a lot of US news stories in, so I saw the celebrations on TV.

Love Montreal, one of my favorite cities. took Amtrack in, which will never happen again. *sighs* If I had one genie wish to blow it would be to update our rail system. the difference between our old stuff and Canada's (and europe) is huge. LOL, it was great to see the womans soccer team win though.

Took in the Montreal Jazz festival. If anyone ever wants a nice long weekend getaway I highly recommend it. Although it is a Jazz festival it is more of an international arts festival than any thing else. This year, the celebration was heavily influence but Blues great B.B. king, although I'm not a huge "blues" lover the talents was great. Montreal is an insanely easy walkable city so once you check in to your hotel it's so easy to travel around. wonderful restaurants and tons to do.

Funny story of the trip. A international contest was held amongst high school students and one of the top singers who won was a young 13 year old girl from Indiana. She was a little thing until she opened her mouth and started to belt out "the thrill is gone" in this deep, throaty southern voice.

Next up finally!!! Disney!! :cool1: :cool1:

Kathy n Friendly we got the table today. I had heard people were reserving earlier as well. Then no tables. Stupid glitch. But we got the day we hoped for, Christmas Eve and restaurant San Angel. All is well that ends well. Just starting to panic a bit.

Glad you got your reservation Greg! I originally booked a 3:30 dinner on the "glitch day" so that we could attend the 6:45 show. With the change in policy this year allowing guests to choose their show regardless of ADR time, I took the opportunity yesterday to move my reservation up only a half hour to 3:00 and sneak in for the lunch prices. It will save our party over $90 including tip for such a small time change and we still get to attend our preferred show time. I'm just happy to be attending though, as this is our first Thanksgiving trip and first time staying at the Lodge to see the Christmas decorations. We're looking forward to it!

Hi everyone! We will be staying at the Lodge for the first time in a few weeks. We're so excited to try this resort! We have a studio booked. I've read through some of the thread but didn't see any info on room requests (although I'm sure it's there somewhere, I just didn't get through 173 pages!). Are there any special room requests or concerns that we should know about? I haven't done the online check in yet so I don't know what the options are. Thanks for you help!

Eliza
Thanks for the report on Montreal. Sounds like a cool place to visit, and may now go on my bucket list.

Hi everyone! We will be staying at the Lodge for the first time in a few weeks. We're so excited to try this resort! We have a studio booked. I've read through some of the thread but didn't see any info on room requests (although I'm sure it's there somewhere, I just didn't get through 173 pages!). Are there any special room requests or concerns that we should know about? I haven't done the online check in yet so I don't know what the options are. Thanks for you help!
1st things 1st Welcome to the groupies nvrenoughdisney!!!!
We are a less informative group about all things WL/VWL here, more of a friendly bunch who have a love of the place thats the thread that holds us all together. SO to not see the info needed, thats what we like to do, help as needed:teeth:
Ask for a higher floor near elevators, this will afford you a view and less walk. The only other thing you could request would be lakeview, but without higher floor 1st, you cant see lake anyway through the trees

Welcome nvreenough.
So, WL is one of the few resorts where I generally don't make a room request especially around views. Basically especially with the lodge part the views will be woods, which is awesome imo. I don't find the hallways to be outrageously long so I never have issues with "close to the elevator".

This was our view out of our 3rd floor 2 bedroom villa

I think I had to sorta lean around for this picture.

[QUOTE="ottawagreg, post: 53956943, member: 453919"
Another question, how do others compare Le Cellier to the Yachtsman Steakhouse? We thought that was WAY over priced. Portions were very small.[/QUOTE]
LC is over priced in MHO but YSH is not much better. I like the atmosphere at YSH better. We took my brother to LC. He is not much of a foodie. He order the strip steak then asked for KETCHUP! The waiter did a double take. I thouht he was going to faint! Needless to say we stick to less upscale restaurants with my brother.

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about Flying Fish chef's table?

We are doing an adult only trip(6 of us) at the end of September for my husband's 60th birthday and I wanted to make reservations for a place we haven't eaten (not many left).

I am allergic to shell fish so I'm hoping they do steak or chicken in addition to the fish and or seafood dishes. My husband is a huge fan of seafood so I was hoping the restaurant could accommodate his tastes and my allergy.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about Flying Fish chef's table?

We are doing an adult only trip(6 of us) at the end of September for my husband's 60th birthday and I wanted to make reservations for a place we haven't eaten (not many left).

I am allergic to shell fish so I'm hoping they do steak or chicken in addition to the fish and or seafood dishes. My husband is a huge fan of seafood so I was hoping the restaurant could accommodate his tastes and my allergy.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I haven't eaten at Flying Fish, so no help there. You might get more/better responses on the Restaurant Board, or the BWV Owners thread. Good luck...I've heard great things about Flying Fish but every time we look at the menu we just can't pull the trigger. :)

[QUOTE="ottawagreg, post: 53956943, member: 453919"
Another question, how do others compare Le Cellier to the Yachtsman Steakhouse? We thought that was WAY over priced. Portions were very small.
LC is over priced in MHO but YSH is not much better. I like the atmosphere at YSH better. We took my brother to LC. He is not much of a foodie. He order the strip steak then asked for KETCHUP! The waiter did a double take. I thouht he was going to faint! Needless to say we stick to less upscale restaurants with my brother.[/QUOTE]

Try Shula's (Dolphin) :). I suspect you will REALY like it :).

My BF wants LC this next trip just for the cheddar soup. That's what happens when you don't go during F&W. :goodvibes

Glad you got your reservation Greg! I originally booked a 3:30 dinner on the "glitch day" so that we could attend the 6:45 show. With the change in policy this year allowing guests to choose their show regardless of ADR time, I took the opportunity yesterday to move my reservation up only a half hour to 3:00 and sneak in for the lunch prices. It will save our party over $90 including tip for such a small time change and we still get to attend our preferred show time. I'm just happy to be attending though, as this is our first Thanksgiving trip and first time staying at the Lodge to see the Christmas decorations. We're looking forward to it!
What restaurant did you book?

Everybody wanted to try Biergarten, so that's what I reserved. It was one of the cheaper options too.

Everybody wanted to try Biergarten, so that's what I reserved. It was one of the cheaper options too.

We did that for CP a couple of years ago - it was our first time eating there and really enjoyed it! Growing up where half the people were of German descent it reminded me of home. Sharing the table was fun too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter