VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

:hug: Happy Anniversary Rich & Di !!! :hug:

I'm sure you'll have a great celebration, and Cindy and I wish you many, many more! :)

For all the Groupie Dads,

wxoiuVu.jpg

Granny - Love your 'Dads' collage!

Many thanks to our friends for your Anniversary wishes! The rain stayed away! We celebrated with lobster tails on the grill. Mmm so good. I'm still full this morning. Guess this will be a salad sort of day.

Enjoy your Monday

I, too, want to Thank all those that took time to wish DiznyDi & I a Happy Anniversary.

And I want you all to know that the best thing that ever happened to me in my life is DiznyDi. We have been together since our junior year in high school; forty four years to be exact. I have fallen in love many times in those years; each and every time with DiznyDi, and each time for a different reason. She is one that knows how to change it up while maintaining our foundation of love and respect.

Thank you, Dear.

Sad news this AM, saw where James Horner, composer of many well know movies passed away in a plane crash yesterday. His link to us...several songs we hear playing in the background at WL/VWL, including Field of Dreams and Legends of the Fall among others, He also composed a few Disney movies, 2 that come to mind, Something Wicked This Way Comes and The Rocketeer.

Last edited:
Sad news this AM, saw where James Horner, composer of many well know movies passed away in a plane crash yesterday. His link to us...several songs we hear playing in the background at WL/VWL, including Field of Dreams and Legends of the Fall among others, He also composed a few Disney movies, 2 that come to mind, Something Wicked This Way Comes and The Rocketeer.
He was quite the prolific composer. I believe he also did the soundtrack for AVATAR which has the obvious Disney tie-in. Sad news.

Now that I am finally in the system and have our first DVC vacation booked, I need advice on what to request. I have booked a 2bedroom villa at VWL during MLK week. Are there any requests I should make? I convinced my sister to come with us, so there will be a total of 5 of us in the 2 bedroom. Myself, DD (9), DS (5), Sis and DNephew (7).

Now that I am finally in the system and have our first DVC vacation booked, I need advice on what to request. I have booked a 2bedroom villa at VWL during MLK week. Are there any requests I should make? I convinced my sister to come with us, so there will be a total of 5 of us in the 2 bedroom. Myself, DD (9), DS (5), Sis and DNephew (7).
Most of us recommend lake view side, near the elevator/overlooking the pool, and a floor above ground level (my wife and I prefer floors 2-4 as the 5th floor balconies are dormer-style meaning you have to stand to look over them). In truth, there are very few bad rooms, and all rooms essentially have a view of trees. At least on lake side, you can catch the occasional glimpse of said lake through the trees. Good luck and congrats!

anmay
We had a 2 bed in the rotunda of the interior, on the corner looking from outside, overlooking pool, 2nd floor. We loved it! Its near the elevators. I would ask for near elevators 1st, 2nd to 4th floor next. This may afford you one of these rooms

Hey Anmay,
WL is probably one of a few resorts where I don't make any request, I love the woods surrounding the resort.

Let the fun begin!!

anmay
We had a 2 bed in the rotunda of the interior, on the corner looking from outside, overlooking pool, 2nd floor. We loved it! Its near the elevators. I would ask for near elevators 1st, 2nd to 4th floor next. This may afford you one of these rooms
Had one of those 2BRs once, and it was spectacular. Huge dining area, three balconies if I recall, and lovely views of Hidden Springs pool, the courtyard, and glimpses of the lake. First and ONLY time I've been so lucky, but what a great room it was!

Hello Everyone. Hope you are all well. I was wanting to ask you about the Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. Well I am very shy and don't like attention being drawn to me whilst dining at all. But I do adore ketchup can I avoid what occurs when you ask for this item? I would freak! Thank you!

Hello Everyone. Hope you are all well. I was wanting to ask you about the Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. Well I am very shy and don't like attention being drawn to me whilst dining at all. But I do adore ketchup can I avoid what occurs when you ask for this item? I would freak! Thank you!
If you let your server know that you'd rather not take part in the shennanigans, he/she should let you be. You can then discretely ask said server for some ketchup.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter