Twice As Nice & Double the Fun: an offsite October PTR where “2” is the magic number

Well everything seems to be coming together. I signed up for SeaWorld emails but haven't received anything on the Christmas Celebrations so far and can't see anything on the website (I'm not a AP though). So still waiting to see on that one :)

Well everything seems to be coming together. I signed up for SeaWorld emails but haven't received anything on the Christmas Celebrations so far and can't see anything on the website (I'm not a AP though). So still waiting to see on that one :)

I PM'd you the link to the online order page. Let me know if it doesn't work, and I'll send you the email directly if need be. I am pretty sure you don't need to be an AP holder for the 30% Christmas in July savings.....it appears to be open to all! :santa:

Our flight from Buffalo on December 17th doesn't leave until just before 1 pm (much later than we are used to!) so we don't arrive in Orlando until around 3:30 that afternoon. That puts us arriving at the resort around 5-ish, assuming no delays at baggage claim or picking up the rental vehicle. I think I will call a few days before we arrive to see if they can accommodate a few of our requests. We would love to be on a top floor, close to a pool, with a nice view. Considering the busier time of the year, I don't expect they will able to check all the boxes on my wish list but hopefully they can tick one or two.

Am I correct that the Grande Vista has just two (albeit large) pools?

Call them about 10 days prior to arrival. They will fill you in on exactly what the current procedure is. If they will note your request keep it down to only two things. The time that they allowed me to be picky about my suite I was staying as the guest of an owner. The other time it was as an exchange. I had only requested a building and got it.

They have the two large pools. There are also two small pools out in the buildings clustered around the golf course.

If you want to be near the large pools the quieter side is the Copa Loca side. 79 and 84 are the buildings that flank that pool. A possible negative there is that if you get a room overlooking the pool they have these lights that light it up like high noon. The suites do have thick black out drapes though.

The other side of the lagoon has the main building and pool. The buildings that flank that pool are 80 and 81. Building 82 is also very close and gives a water view. All the buildings are constructed to be hallways on one side and balconies on the other. So all suites have a view of sorts....no parking lots any way.

Gina,
I adore your trip reports! I am actually typing this while on highway 1 on way to Key West, having "landed on the Auto Train" from PA this am. We will be here a couple of nights, then in Pompano Beach, then over to the Hard Rock, then the Vistana for 2 weeks. (We are doing all our travel for the year at once so our daughter and friend, who are college juniors can come.

We still adore traveling with her, and are sad that a job keeps her 28 yr old brother from joining us.

I was able to book the Vistana for 2 weeks from an owner on the TUG, and got each week for $800. Hoping for Fointains 1, 3rd floor with skylight and water view. We have been going there every couple of years since before they built Cascades or the extension, and Speings was the newest area. Which was decorated in stylish Miami Vice punks and turquoise. I was fond of the wild colors.

Thanks again for your last TR. it got me through a couple brutal weeks at work while we were waiting to leave!
Erin Cox-Holmes

I PM'd you the link to the online order page. Let me know if it doesn't work, and I'll send you the email directly if need be. I am pretty sure you don't need to be an AP holder for the 30% Christmas in July savings.....it appears to be open to all! :santa:

Got this thanks Gina :thumbsup2 we plan to be at SW on the 24th December so looks like this day isn't discounted.

How did I miss that you guys are eating at Trails End? We have eaten there a couple of times over the years, and it was really good! I haven't looked at prices there lately, but when we went, it was one of the best buffet deals on Disney property. One of our favorite things to do was eat there, and then head over to the RV/camping area to look at all of the Christmas decorations. It was so much fun! :santa:

Well, as I don't know which nights I'll be at SeaWorld, I'll be waiting to book Fireside Feast. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon though

Ah I'm so jealous of your December trip! We have a tentative January trip planned (ok I have Marriott Lakeshore Reserve booked for a week but no one knows about it yet) But I want to see the lights!

My August trip is coming up fast all of a sudden, 3 weeks! Got our MagicBands yesterday. The kids were funny, they were like, "Are they going to keep sending us those?" because we have a whole bag of them LOL

Call them about 10 days prior to arrival. They will fill you in on exactly what the current procedure is. If they will note your request keep it down to only two things. The time that they allowed me to be picky about my suite I was staying as the guest of an owner. The other time it was as an exchange. I had only requested a building and got it.

They have the two large pools. There are also two small pools out in the buildings clustered around the golf course.

If you want to be near the large pools the quieter side is the Copa Loca side. 79 and 84 are the buildings that flank that pool. A possible negative there is that if you get a room overlooking the pool they have these lights that light it up like high noon. The suites do have thick black out drapes though.

The other side of the lagoon has the main building and pool. The buildings that flank that pool are 80 and 81. Building 82 is also very close and gives a water view. All the buildings are constructed to be hallways on one side and balconies on the other. So all suites have a view of sorts....no parking lots any way.

Thanks for the great advice :thumbsup2. I will keep the requests just to top floor, close to pool. Being near the main building and pool would be our preference but I would be more than happy with either.

Gina,
I adore your trip reports! I am actually typing this while on highway 1 on way to Key West, having "landed on the Auto Train" from PA this am. We will be here a couple of nights, then in Pompano Beach, then over to the Hard Rock, then the Vistana for 2 weeks. (We are doing all our travel for the year at once so our daughter and friend, who are college juniors can come.

We still adore traveling with her, and are sad that a job keeps her 28 yr old brother from joining us.

I was able to book the Vistana for 2 weeks from an owner on the TUG, and got each week for $800. Hoping for Fointains 1, 3rd floor with skylight and water view. We have been going there every couple of years since before they built Cascades or the extension, and Speings was the newest area. Which was decorated in stylish Miami Vice punks and turquoise. I was fond of the wild colors.

Thanks again for your last TR. it got me through a couple brutal weeks at work while we were waiting to leave!
Erin Cox-Holmes

Aw, thank you Erin! :goodvibes Your note made my day.

You got a GREAT rate on your Vistana weeks: that's cheaper than our Fountains maintenance fees (which were $963 this year). I will cross my fingers that you get the Fountains villa that you are hoping for: as you know, its our favourite section of the resort :cloud9:.

Have a wonderful, awesome and amazing vacation! And try to drop back in from time to time to let us know about all the fun you're having!

Got this thanks Gina :thumbsup2 we plan to be at SW on the 24th December so looks like this day isn't discounted.

Well, shoot :headache:. I had noticed that Christmas Eve was blocked from the discount but didn't realize that was the date you were planning to go. Boo :(.

How did I miss that you guys are eating at Trails End? We have eaten there a couple of times over the years, and it was really good! I haven't looked at prices there lately, but when we went, it was one of the best buffet deals on Disney property. One of our favorite things to do was eat there, and then head over to the RV/camping area to look at all of the Christmas decorations. It was so much fun! :santa:

Trails End was a later addition to our October plans, and then the carriage ride. Trails End was getting quite a bit of love on this thread (and some hearty recommends) so we thought it might be fun for our arrival day :goodvibes.

If everything works out as we hope it will, we should get to take in both the Halloween decorations at the campground during our October trip and the Christmas decorations in December: on our currently-being-planned Christmas vacation, we are working on making dinner ADR's at FW one night with our travel companions and then renting a golf cart so the five of us can tour the lights until our hearts are content. It's actually shaping up to be one of my most anticipated evenings of our December getaway!

I always feel so much better if tickets are purchased asap too :rotfl:

LOL, I am glad other people feel the same way. There are lots of little things that can fall into place after the fact, but I like having the flights, accommodations, car rental and attraction tickets all taken care of right out of the gate :).

Well, as I don't know which nights I'll be at SeaWorld, I'll be waiting to book Fireside Feast. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon though

If you can swing it to come out on the evening of December 19th, we'll have to make plans to say hello! In fact, not only would you have a chance to meet Steve and I, but also another Diser and her fam as well :thumbsup2 (I will have to ask her if its okay for me to let her name slip :)).

Ah I'm so jealous of your December trip! We have a tentative January trip planned (ok I have Marriott Lakeshore Reserve booked for a week but no one knows about it yet) But I want to see the lights!

My August trip is coming up fast all of a sudden, 3 weeks! Got our MagicBands yesterday. The kids were funny, they were like, "Are they going to keep sending us those?" because we have a whole bag of them LOL

Only 3 weeks to go.....so lucky!! :teeth: I can't believe we are almost in August....summer is just speeding by.

January is a great time to travel to Orlando: you'll be enjoying a respite from the cold while we are all home freezin' our buns off :cold:. When you say "no one" knows about it, does this mean its going to be a surprise for your DH, too? Something along the lines of, Merry Christmas Sweetie, Santa put airline tickets in your stocking. Better book some vacation days for next month! :santa:

banner3.jpg

We have officially left the 80's behind, and now sit at 79 days until departure pirate: (143 until our Christmas trip :santa:).

After dinner last night, we suffered an electrical issue at our house that require the assistance of a licensed electrician to remedy (at the low, low after-hours labour rate of $105 an hour :crazy2:) but I'm happy to report the power is back on once again. For some reason, something like this happens every single time we are just days away from the start of a trip or right after I bite the bullet and pay for airfare and accommodations on a future one. Frankly, I should have expected that something would go off the rails when our December trip was just booked. My mom informed me last night that it was a sign that we should stop travelling and just stay home :rolleyes:. Yeah, that's not going to happen :laughing:.

Once the lights....and the internet....were back on, I was able to get our Santa's Fireside Feast reservations booked before the 30% off Christmas in July offer expired, and I also purchased our tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for December 22nd. My wallet was promptly emptied (are any of my fellow Canadians keeping tabs on the value of our dollar lately? It stinks :headache:) but I think I was still smiling like an idiot when I went to bed last night :teeth:. I was forcing Steve to watch videos of the Christmas party last night on youtube when Jake got home from work, and immediately after we got the "Hello! I'm home!" greeting, it was followed by "OMG, are you guys seriously listening to Christmas music? IT'S JULY!!!!!!!!". :rotfl2:

I missed sending out the email to the Memory Maker share participants last night (the electrician and the ticket purchases took precedence ... priorities, you know! ;)) so that's on my to-do list for today. That, and our aquafit class, because time's a ticking and buttlifter capris or not, this body needs some serious help before I'm seen at a swimsuit at either Aquatica or Discovery Cove :rolleyes1.

I hope you are all enjoying a peaceful and productive Tuesday!

Only 3 weeks to go.....so lucky!! :teeth: I can't believe we are almost in August....summer is just speeding by.

January is a great time to travel to Orlando: you'll be enjoying a respite from the cold while we are all home freezin' our buns off :cold:. When you say "no one" knows about it, does this mean its going to be a surprise for your DH, too? Something along the lines of, Merry Christmas Sweetie, Santa put airline tickets in your stocking. Better book some vacation days for next month! :santa:

LOL

I mentioned it but we can never book plane tickets until about 60 days out due to my DHs job schedule. We've even had to reschedule trips a few weeks out, which is why we stay places that allow you to cancel (no point rentals etc)

But I grabbed the LSR reservation when I saw it...just in case :)

Ah I like the idea of Santa bringing some goodies for this trip though!!

LOL

I mentioned it but we can never book plane tickets until about 60 days out due to my DHs job schedule. We've even had to reschedule trips a few weeks out, which is why we stay places that allow you to cancel (no point rentals etc)

But I grabbed the LSR reservation when I saw it...just in case :)

Ah I like the idea of Santa bringing some goodies for this trip though!!

Themed stockings, maybe? :scratchin

Your mom is cute :) I guess she misses you when you are gone.

Mom misses us fiercely, and she frets about us non-stop when we are so far from home. She's a homebody by nature and is baffled by our love of travel. It will be somewhat easier for her this October and December when Jake is home to help keep her company (and to ensure she gets to the grocery store, to Walmart, to the bank, etc.), so that will be nice for both her AND us. We won't worry as much about her while we're gone (it breaks my heart to know she's so lonely when we are away) and she won't worry about us (because she will have Jake to keep her company and keep her mind off our absence). We always try to call her at some point during each day to say hi and let her know what we have been up to, so we are never out of touch even though we are out of the country (thank goodness for a good cell travel plan!). If we time it right and Jake is there when we call, we will even be able to introduce her to the world of Facetiming. She will get a kick out of being able to see us *and* talk to us on his phone :goodvibes.

If you can swing it to come out on the evening of December 19th, we'll have to make plans to say hello! In fact, not only would you have a chance to meet Steve and I, but also another Diser and her fam as well :thumbsup2 (I will have to ask her if its okay for me to let her name slip :)).

I'll have to keep an eye on my schedule. But I'd love to try to go (even if it's just for Miracles)!

Once the lights....and the internet....were back on, I was able to get our Santa's Fireside Feast reservations booked before the 30% off Christmas in July offer expired, and I also purchased our tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for December 22nd. My wallet was promptly emptied (are any of my fellow Canadians keeping tabs on the value of our dollar lately? It stinks :headache:) but I think I was still smiling like an idiot when I went to bed last night :teeth:. I was forcing Steve to watch videos of the Christmas party last night on youtube when Jake got home from work, and immediately after we got the "Hello! I'm home!" greeting, it was followed by "OMG, are you guys seriously listening to Christmas music? IT'S JULY!!!!!!!!". :rotfl2:

I missed sending out the email to the Memory Maker share participants last night (the electrician and the ticket purchases took precedence ... priorities, you know! ;)) so that's on my to-do list for today. That, and our aquafit class, because time's a ticking and buttlifter capris or not, this body needs some serious help before I'm seen at a swimsuit at either Aquatica or Discovery Cove :rolleyes1.

I hope you are all enjoying a peaceful and productive Tuesday!

Yay! You're going to have so much fun!

CAN'T WAIT TO CATCH UP! Will be my reading material for the day tomorrow :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter