Twice As Nice & Double the Fun: an offsite October PTR where “2” is the magic number

I did find this, which could explain why I had no problem getting our 10/3 8:30pm reservation!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 32
Apparently the floor is being refinished later this year in the Hoop Dee Doo venue. There is a thread on the restaurant boards that says they won't be opening up bookings beyond the end of August until they have a better idea of when that refurbishment will be started and finished. I wish they'd get the lead out and decide, because I'm sure there's a lot of us who'd like to get those ADR's made for September, October, November and December. I will definitely let you know if we see those dates open up ::yes::. Time is a ticking......I would think it would be soon.

Thanks Gina, I had a quick look on the restaurant board and did post there without success. Glad there is someone who knows something :)

Gina, I didn't know you had that surgery after Jake was born. For some reason I thought it was before. That must have been so scary with a little guy at home. Thank God all went well and congrats on 18, 19 , years of good health :)

I have a reservation for October 3rd :confused3

I did find this, which could explain why I had no problem getting our 10/3 8:30pm reservation!

You are very fortunate.....I think you must have reserved right before they shut down availability for the September to December time frame. I feel for those folks trying to plan their family trips (especially those who will be visiting in September and October.....those months are roaring up fast!). It would be a tough call of whether to abandon the idea of a HDDR reservation and just book somewhere else while there is still availability to do so, or hold out for a reservation in the hopes that they release the block of dates and you can get the day and time you are hoping for.

Thanks Gina, I had a quick look on the restaurant board and did post there without success. Glad there is someone who knows something :)

I finally found the thread I stumbled upon last week. Here ya go!:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/hoop-de-do.3523304/

There haven't been any more updates posted since I last read it, but there are still no December dates showing up either. Boo :(.

Gina, I didn't know you had that surgery after Jake was born. For some reason I thought it was before. That must have been so scary with a little guy at home. Thank God all went well and congrats on 18, 19 , years of good health :)

Jake was two and a half when I had the grand mal seizure that landed me in the hospital (and started the investigative ball rolling). He was not quite 3 when I had the operation, and I got the pathology reports on his third birthday (we celebrated the weekend prior that year, just in case the results were dismal). We spent the next 10 years back and forth to the hospital in Toronto on a regular basis before I was given the all-clear. The good thing was, he was so little when it all began that he never knew anything different.....that was "normal" to him. Kids are so resilient that way. In fact, Jake was quite disappointed when Dr. Bernstein gave me his card, told me to keep it in my wallet at all times just in case, and joked "But just so you know, I never want to see you again ;) ". We had always tried to put a positive (even a "fun") spin on those visits, making them into an overnight family getaway or stopping somewhere in the big city for a fun attraction, dinner at a cool restaurant, or some shopping at the big malls. He was 13 years old when we got the heave-ho from the doc, and I will always remember the look of disappointment on his face as we walked out to the car. We were giddy with happiness that I was finally "free", and he gloomily inquired "So, does this mean all of our Toronto trips are over now?" :rotfl:.

Jake was two and a half when I had the grand mal seizure that landed me in the hospital (and started the investigative ball rolling). He was not quite 3 when I had the operation, and I got the pathology reports on his third birthday (we celebrated the weekend prior that year, just in case the results were dismal). We spent the next 10 years back and forth to the hospital in Toronto on a regular basis before I was given the all-clear. The good thing was, he was so little when it all began that he never knew anything different.....that was "normal" to him. Kids are so resilient that way. In fact, Jake was quite disappointed when Dr. Bernstein gave me his card, told me to keep it in my wallet at all times just in case, and joked "But just so you know, I never want to see you again ;) ". We had always tried to put a positive (even a "fun") spin on those visits, making them into an overnight family getaway or stopping somewhere in the big city for a fun attraction, dinner at a cool restaurant, or some shopping at the big malls. He was 13 years old when we got the heave-ho from the doc, and I will always remember the look of disappointment on his face as we walked out to the car. We were giddy with happiness that I was finally "free", and he gloomily inquired "So, does this mean all of our Toronto trips are over now?" :rotfl:.

That is so cute! You and Steve must have been laughing! He must have been having a good time anyway :)

Not a whole lot new or noteworthy to mention after our long weekend here in Ontario. I did get the thumbs up from Kerry, my amazing friend with whom we are excitedly planning to travel with at Christmas, to use her name here in my PTR. That made me super happy because she is (without a doubt!) the biggest reason why we are so pumped to squeeze in this extra getaway in 2016. She posts here on the boards whenever she can find time in her crazy hectic schedule, so I will leave it to her if she wants to drop by this PTR and give us a wave (and let us know who she is on the Dis). If she decides to keep a lower profile and her Dis identity a secret, that's okay as well :). A woman has to have an air of mystery about her sometimes, ya know ;).

I am not sure if I mentioned it yet or not, but Steve's brother and sister-in-law will be in Orlando for a week while we are there. They are bringing their family of 5 .... three kids ages 4, 5 and 9 .... for their first trip to Florida, and their excitement is really starting to mount. We had a chance to spend some time with them on Sunday at a family function held at Steve's parents home, and most of our conversation centred around Orlando. While initially they vetoed a Disney day due to cost, I think they have decided to find the resources in the budget to do a MNSSHP while they are there, which I was really happy to hear. Their kids are the PERFECT age to really enjoy all the features of the Halloween party, and I think the Magic Kingdom is the perfect first experience out of all the Disney parks. I have been helping her to secure a villa rental, flights, and a car rental over the last few weeks, and I think I have somehow been volunteered to assist them in figuring out their park days, too :rolleyes:. By the sounds of it, we may have some company at Aquatica on one of our datrs. It sure will be a different to experience our favourite water park through the eyes of two kindergarteners and their big sister ::yes::.

In the meantime, the planning emails for December between Kerry's computer and mine continue to fly back and forth at a near constant pace. Her knowledge of the seasonal Christmas events in Orlando is absolutely amazing, and she continues to come up with one brilliant idea after another :worship:. I think we've pretty much nailed down that there will be a day spent at SeaWorld (with Santa's Fireside Feast already booked for our dinner), a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (with an early dinner at Ohana before we head to MK), a day at Universal (for the Grinchmas events...including the Grinchmas breakfast, along with the Macy's Parade), a visit to Gaylord Palms (for ICE!, snow tubing, and the holiday shows), and an afternoon and evening at Fort Wilderness (visiting the stables, having dinner at either Trails End or Hoop Dee Doo, taking in Chip & Dale's campfire sing-along, catching the Electric Water Pageant and Wishes from the beach, and touring the campground to see all the Christmas lights and displays). We still have a day or two on the itinerary that's not yet spoken for, but trust me.....we're working on it :rotfl2:. I have to say, having a partner-in-crime that thinks JUST like I do is making the Christmas planning, in particular, to be a labor of love. I don't think I've ever had this much fun planning a trip, and that's saying something :p.

This week, I want to try and focus on tracking down our second set of costumes for October (the 20's-themed mobster/gangster wear). Steve tried on a plus-sized costume today at Party City but alas, even the plus size didn't give him enough room across the shoulders or length in the arms. It was wide enough, for sure, but apparently plus means short and round versus big all over :confused: . So, back to the drawing board (or shall I say, the internet) we go.

73 days to our October trip pirate:.

137 days to our December vacation :santa:.

I've got some catching up to do! I just wanted to pop in first and say hello! Last entry I read was butt-lifting-capris, so I can't wait to see what other excitement has been going on!

Will and I just got back from a mini-trip to Gatlinburg, TN. We loved it! We went to Dollywood and Splash Country. I think you and Steve would love Gatlinburg, as there are tons of things to do like the things you do in Orlando (Ripley museums, dinner shows, wax museum, tons of puttputt options....). We went to the Ripley Aquarium, Believe-it-or not museum, and their "haunted adventure" (which was a blast!).

Alright, I got to go to work now, but am looking forward to catching up on your updates!

Hi Gina,
I waved to you all last night as I blew through town on the 4:35 train from Toronto, just in case. :wave: Did you see me? Actually, come to think of it, I stopped in town for a Starbucks on the way driving through on Saturday too.

I will be going silent for the next couple of weeks. We're leaving this weekend for a couple of weeks camping down near Gananoque. Might post once or twice this week still if I can find time out from getting the gear together, but wanted to let you know that I'm not snubbing you if I don't post. Looking forward to having lots of posts to catch up on when we get back though!

I wanted to post the pass member lounge menu in the active report too. When it's open, this place is so great!!!
The cinnamon donuts come with 8 mini donuts and chocolate sauce (one of the $4.99 snacks). Meatball sliders were very good too.image.jpeg

Congratulations on 19 years of health! What a blessing!!!

I've got some catching up to do! I just wanted to pop in first and say hello! Last entry I read was butt-lifting-capris, so I can't wait to see what other excitement has been going on!

Will and I just got back from a mini-trip to Gatlinburg, TN. We loved it! We went to Dollywood and Splash Country. I think you and Steve would love Gatlinburg, as there are tons of things to do like the things you do in Orlando (Ripley museums, dinner shows, wax museum, tons of puttputt options....). We went to the Ripley Aquarium, Believe-it-or not museum, and their "haunted adventure" (which was a blast!).

Alright, I got to go to work now, but am looking forward to catching up on your updates!

I am so glad you two had a fun little getaway in Gatlinburg! My parents went there about 5 years before my father passed away, and they loved Tennessee: as big country music fans, visiting Dollywood was a highlight for them both. I'd love to go someday, especially as a little tribute to my dad. If (when?) that time comes, I'll be picking your brain for advice :goodvibes .

How did you enjoy the Ripley's Aquarium? We have a relatively new one here (not super close to home....its in Toronto), but we have never made it there yet to check it out. I must make a mental note to cross that off the bucket list in 2017.
I love your trip reports no matter where they are! Can't wait to read all about it!:cool1:

Thank you for the lovely compliment :goodvibes . And a big :welcome: to the thread!

Hi Gina,
I waved to you all last night as I blew through town on the 4:35 train from Toronto, just in case. :wave: Did you see me? Actually, come to think of it, I stopped in town for a Starbucks on the way driving through on Saturday too.

I will be going silent for the next couple of weeks. We're leaving this weekend for a couple of weeks camping down near Gananoque. Might post once or twice this week still if I can find time out from getting the gear together, but wanted to let you know that I'm not snubbing you if I don't post. Looking forward to having lots of posts to catch up on when we get back though!

Well heck, had I known you were in my neck of the woods, I'd have met you at Starbucks just to say hello! You'll have to give me a heads-up next time since our paths won't likely cross at the Vistana when you're tied to vacationing during the standard school holiday times with A+ in the teaching field.

Enjoy your camping trip in the 1000 Islands.....its a beautiful region. I hope you get some great weather :sunny:, though we desperately need some rain. Feel free to post a sunset or sunrise pic if you have a chance to indulge in some wifi at any point. Save travels and have a s'more around the campfire for me!

I wanted to post the pass member lounge menu in the active report too. When it's open, this place is so great!!!
The cinnamon donuts come with 8 mini donuts and chocolate sauce (one of the $4.99 snacks). Meatball sliders were very good too.View attachment 185617

Congratulations on 19 years of health! What a blessing!!!

Thank you so much for that menu!! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to give their food a try in October. Now that we have finally discovered the lounge, I suspect we'll be enjoying some relaxing time there on each visit ::yes:: .

And thank you for the congratulations .... blessed I most certainly am :goodvibes . I actually read a quote today that I just loved....its worthy of a share, and this seems like a good place to do so:

41349-Voltaire-Quote-God-gave-us-the-gift-of-life-it-is-up-to-us-to-give.jpg

Glad your December plans are coming together so smoothly!

Finally bought our park tickets today after realizing it's August 2nd and our FP date is Sept 5, thankfully it's labor day and I'm off work so 4am is not a huge deal. It makes November seem so much closer than it actually is. Excited for WDW and USO.

Caught up! Phew! I am sosososo happy for you that you get to go on your Christmas trip! I've never planned an Orlando trip with anyone as excited as I am. Will loves the vacations but is not a fan on planning. I bought a mini marker board and post-its to write out initial plans. Eventually the plan gets written up as an official Google Document which is printed off and carried with me everywhere on the trip. Geeks unite!

I can't wait to hear about how your dinner shows are! I never thought about doing one. Will is not a fan of dress-up, so you are lucky your husband actually requests costumes!

We did do the Aquarium. It was not my favorite of the Ripley's attractions. We went mid-week, which I thought would be a low time but it was soon crowded, it was hard to even see the exhibits. If it weren't for the crowds though it has some great things to see! So maybe your Toronto one would not be as crowded!

Congratulations on being tumor free for 18 years, Gina!!! :hug:

It sounds like your December trip is coming together quite nicely! :santa:

Hope you're able to find your 2nd set of costumes for October! pixiedust:

Glad your December plans are coming together so smoothly!

Finally bought our park tickets today after realizing it's August 2nd and our FP date is Sept 5, thankfully it's labor day and I'm off work so 4am is not a huge deal. It makes November seem so much closer than it actually is. Excited for WDW and USO.

My FP date still feels like its a L-O-N-G way off. As an offsiter, its 30 days for us....though its really no biggie, since I only have one date (our 1st Halloween Party) to book for......the second one I won't bother with FP's since we have a 4:30 ADR.

Today is your interview at 3 pm, correct? Wishing you buckets of good luck! Let us know how it goes!!

Caught up! Phew! I am sosososo happy for you that you get to go on your Christmas trip! I've never planned an Orlando trip with anyone as excited as I am. Will loves the vacations but is not a fan on planning. I bought a mini marker board and post-its to write out initial plans. Eventually the plan gets written up as an official Google Document which is printed off and carried with me everywhere on the trip. Geeks unite!

I can't wait to hear about how your dinner shows are! I never thought about doing one. Will is not a fan of dress-up, so you are lucky your husband actually requests costumes!

We did do the Aquarium. It was not my favorite of the Ripley's attractions. We went mid-week, which I thought would be a low time but it was soon crowded, it was hard to even see the exhibits. If it weren't for the crowds though it has some great things to see! So maybe your Toronto one would not be as crowded!

Well, shoot. Sorry to hear the aquarium was a bit of a bust. That's half the reason we've never bothered to visit the Toronto location yet.....I don't want to make a special trip there (2+ hours each way) only to be let down. I think we will hold off and visit when we already happen to be downtown for some other reason.

Ooooh! I like your idea of a white board for trip planning! When Jake moves into his apartment, he will be taking our trusty wipe-off calendar that's hung on our fridge for most of his childhood (with both Steve and I on pretty regular shifts, we won't need it: Jake's rotating, variable schedule is definitely harder to keep track of, so it will serve a more useful purpose in his humble little abode). I was wondering what to put in its place.....my fridge is going to be naked!...and this might be the perfect idea!

I have to laugh at Steve: he's getting quite a chuckle out of Kerry & I's daily email marathon where we discuss all the teeny tiny details of our December adventures. Every night, when I retire the laptop before bed, he will ask....So, what have you two been conspiring about today? LOL, he knows us well!

Congratulations on being tumor free for 18 years, Gina!!! :hug:

It sounds like your December trip is coming together quite nicely! :santa:

Hope you're able to find your 2nd set of costumes for October! pixiedust:

Thank you!! :goodvibes

The second round of costumes is definitely starting to stress me out just a tiny bit......enough that I wondered aloud over the weekend if we should just abandon efforts and stick with just our pirate-wear. Steve, however, looked stricken :guilty:. I guess I won't give up this easily, then, when it obviously means so much to him. I may try to drop back into the costume shop this Friday afternoon to see if the owner has somehow been able to work a gangster miracle for my big guy.

Thank you!! :goodvibes

The second round of costumes is definitely starting to stress me out just a tiny bit......enough that I wondered aloud over the weekend if we should just abandon efforts and stick with just our pirate-wear. Steve, however, looked stricken :guilty:. I guess I won't give up this easily, then, when it obviously means so much to him. I may try to drop back into the costume shop this Friday afternoon to see if the owner has somehow been able to work a gangster miracle for my big guy.

I hope the owner has been able to put something together for Steve. :wizard: Two sets of costumes for you guys would be double the fun! :teeth: :teeth:

I can't quote part is a message from my phone Gina, so yes the interview is at 3. Leaving work an hour early for it ☺ thanks for the luck!

Planning a trip with a friend. Sounds like fun. We are hoping to go with my cousin and her family at the end of January. I'm a bit nervous about it as I think they have a slightly different touring style than us.

We leave for our next trip on Sept 3. I can't wait. Bought SeaBands for DH for this trip. HOpefully it will keep his motion sickness in check this time. We decided to not go to Discovery Cove :( My parents didn't really want to go and neither did DH. Ah well there's always next time. Now we are waiting for Sea World to publish the September bring a friend for free info. We got a postcard from Aquatica for it a few weeks ago but there is nothing on the website yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter