Liberty Tree question

Just had this happen to us last week. LT was terrible. So I'm allergic to vinegar and sis has a huge chocolate allergy. So they asked and he had it on the reservation > the waiter said oh ok, see what chef does. He later sheepishly brought my sister a huge salad the normal table one. Then told me I couldn't eat it. They where working on mine. He then brough me a salad without any dressing at all. said the chef said there was nothing to cook in back or mix and I couldn't have the dressing.... I said well you can have that cause I won't eat salad dry. And for some reason there is vinegar in the pork so told not to eat that either? Finally, dessert > They thought we might be able to give sis the toffee pudding and hold chocholate sauce. But, then they wheren't sure. So she skipped it but served me a huge portion. At the end of this it was all full price. And I felt something should of been said to us at the podium when we had allergies clearly listed. Or a price should of been modified. Our waiter tried, but said he talked to manager, and notified him. However; no manager or floor personnel came over at all. I will not do this again. We have never had disney reggard allergies this way before. Hopefully, it was just a bad day? and not future.? I would go alone or skip it.

Honestly not to be snarky but if it is a set meal like LTT and she can't eat most the food, I wouldn't go. Those kitchens have limited ingredients and much of it is kinda premade or prepped for efficiency. I wouldn't trust no matter what they told me to be able to provide her a meal, unlike other places with more expanded menus. Liberty Tree food is prime salted food ~ and honestly it's no different than a Cracker Barrel meal.

I would pick a place you can both eat OR you eat there and she has "me" time wandering the shops (I wish I had that time alone) and grabbing a bite to eat elsewhere (which I assume she would be doing if you are asking if she doesn't eat).

Last edited:
...And for some reason there is vinegar in the pork so told not to eat that either?...

Vinegar can be used to help tenderize meat. LTT probably does this with their pork which is why you were told not to eat it. There is a good chance you have eaten things with vinegar in the marinade and never knew. It generally probably isn't enough and/or is cooked down to a point where it isn't noticeable to you.

Just had this happen to us last week. LT was terrible. So I'm allergic to vinegar and sis has a huge chocolate allergy. So they asked and he had it on the reservation > the waiter said oh ok, see what chef does. He later sheepishly brought my sister a huge salad the normal table one. Then told me I couldn't eat it. They where working on mine. He then brough me a salad without any dressing at all. said the chef said there was nothing to cook in back or mix and I couldn't have the dressing.... I said well you can have that cause I won't eat salad dry. And for some reason there is vinegar in the pork so told not to eat that either? Finally, dessert > They thought we might be able to give sis the toffee pudding and hold chocholate sauce. But, then they wheren't sure. So she skipped it but served me a huge portion. At the end of this it was all full price. And I felt something should of been said to us at the podium when we had allergies clearly listed. Or a price should of been modified. Our waiter tried, but said he talked to manager, and notified him. However; no manager or floor personnel came over at all. I will not do this again. We have never had disney reggard allergies this way before. Hopefully, it was just a bad day? and not future.? I would go alone or skip it.

You want to know something interesting and kind of gross? Almost nobody is actually allergic to chocolate. They're allergic to the pieces of bugs (specifically cockroaches) inside of chocolate. Of course, you still can't eat chocolate because it contains that allergen.... but yeah. Gross, huh?

Hi I have never posted before but wanted to share what we have learned. Our friends daughter who travels with us requires zero salt / sodium in her diet. We contacted WDW Guest Services Special Diets <special.diets@disneyworld.com> a few month or so before our trip. We were required to provide all of our reservation in advance so that all locations were prepared with food choices for her even the all you can eat buffets . In some cases the restaurant reached out prior to our trip to discuss her diet and at all restaurants the chef came out to explain what ingredients they had order for her and how they could prepare them. Let the server know you worked with WDW Guest Services Special Diets and you would like to talk to the chef when you are seated. Several times the servers were surprised by the food the Chef had in the kitchen that they do not normally serve because they knew she was coming. Most times they had a meat, poultry or fish option for her.

Years ago I posted here about Liberty Tree Tavern telling me they could not prepare a salad for me without carrots, to which I am allergic, because all the food was prepared offsite and simply brought in. I got absolutely flamed here from people who liked the food and therefore insisted it had to be handmade on site. But in recent photos I see salads at Liberty Tree without carrots. For those who have gone recently, have they made that change?

You want to know something interesting and kind of gross? Almost nobody is actually allergic to chocolate. They're allergic to the pieces of bugs (specifically cockroaches) inside of chocolate. Of course, you still can't eat chocolate because it contains that allergen.... but yeah. Gross, huh?
Chocolate is of my husband’s migraine triggers.

Hi I have never posted before but wanted to share what we have learned. Our friends daughter who travels with us requires zero salt / sodium in her diet. We contacted WDW Guest Services Special Diets <special.diets@disneyworld.com> a few month or so before our trip. We were required to provide all of our reservation in advance so that all locations were prepared with food choices for her even the all you can eat buffets . In some cases the restaurant reached out prior to our trip to discuss her diet and at all restaurants the chef came out to explain what ingredients they had order for her and how they could prepare them. Let the server know you worked with WDW Guest Services Special Diets and you would like to talk to the chef when you are seated. Several times the servers were surprised by the food the Chef had in the kitchen that they do not normally serve because they knew she was coming. Most times they had a meat, poultry or fish option for her.
Yes us too they sent us the form and we sent it back but we are too early now and will have to submit within 2 weeks.
I didn’t mean to start such a discussion here. My wife really has no interest in eating here but she said, as she often does, she will sit with me while I eat. I haven’t been in many years and would like to try again. So was really asking if she could just sit and not eat (maybe I wasn’t clear) as we have done at other restaurants. On our last trip we stopped by and explained her allergy and they were very nice and said they would accommodate but really don’t have much in the way of ingredients. On top of it all she doesn’t eat red meat so it’s more complicated than just no/low salt. It’s not a huge deal I can do without it but thanks for this

Yes us too they sent us the form and we sent it back but we are too early now and will have to submit within 2 weeks.
I didn’t mean to start such a discussion here. My wife really has no interest in eating here but she said, as she often does, she will sit with me while I eat. I haven’t been in many years and would like to try again. So was really asking if she could just sit and not eat (maybe I wasn’t clear) as we have done at other restaurants. On our last trip we stopped by and explained her allergy and they were very nice and said they would accommodate but really don’t have much in the way of ingredients. On top of it all she doesn’t eat red meat so it’s more complicated than just no/low salt. It’s not a huge deal I can do without it but thanks for this
At the places she just sat with you were they all you care to eat or order off the menu? That makes a difference

exactly what our allergist said:hyper2:

It's definitely easier to say you're allergic to chocolate. Imagine the looks you'd get if you told people you are allergic to cockroaches and can't eat chocolate!
Definitely
But she breaks out in wicked hives and sets off her asthma. Side note she can’t even have white chocolate either which we’ve been told she should have been able to eat. Sis is odd. Also highly allergic to Tylenol ( which is almost unheard of) and most antibiotics ?? Weird.
For the people they accommodate your sooooo lucky. We have tried to make fireworks parties talking to special dining and was told they could get her a couple of packaged sugar cookies. 😜. This was way out ahead too. But once at a DHS Xmas special view party they made savory snacks nutz moxies for her. Was a few years ago.
But doesn’t hurt to ask…

I'm sorry, Nayan is correct. At AYCTE, prix fixe and other restaurants that charge by the person instead of a la carte, each person is charged the full price for their age. This question comes up quite frequently, for many people who can't eat the full meal for various reasons.
I discovered this years ago the hard way. Had a large group gathering, and we had split into different dinner groups at Epcot for the Candlelight package...there was a group of 10 at Biergarten and I had split from the groups to run back to my room at Boardwalk to get some stuff - when I got to Germany pavilion they said they were still inside eating and to come in to meet & sit with them. They had been there 45 minutes and I just sat in for the final 10 minutes or so - the waitress asked if I wanted a drink and I thought 'sure! I'll have a coke'. Then when everyone was finished and the bills were passed out, my coke was $44. Ouch! Never touched any food, just came in to sit with the group as a courtesy. I didn't bother to raise a fuss - I just paid it and razzed the group for making me buy the most expensive Coke ever - the 10 of them all bought me one Coke each over the next 3 days of the trip which in the end paid the full bill back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter