The Young Avengers: A Very Avengers Holiday (YARP Part 6)

There was a silence.

Raven: She sighed. "We never answered my original question. Why does Hope have to be here? If we have unresolved business, that doesn't include her."

Luke: "I told you. Because she's the reason we're not together. Well, she and those other mortals. When you showed up, you were independent and resourceful and a greater warrior than you had ever been. But then they had to tame you into rule-following submission. That's never been you. They turned you against me."

Raven: "To be fair, we had always fought on opposite sides."

Luke: "But then you at least respected me, and I you. You were always my favorite adversary. Then they manipulated you."

Raven: She snorted. "Manipulation? None of them are capable of that."

There was a silence.

Raven: She sighed. "We never answered my original question. Why does Hope have to be here? If we have unresolved business, that doesn't include her."

Luke: "I told you. Because she's the reason we're not together. Well, she and those other mortals. When you showed up, you were independent and resourceful and a greater warrior than you had ever been. But then they had to tame you into rule-following submission. That's never been you. They turned you against me."

Raven: "To be fair, we had always fought on opposite sides."

Luke: "But then you at least respected me, and I you. You were always my favorite adversary. Then they manipulated you."

Raven: She snorted. "Manipulation? None of them are capable of that."
Jay: He called Evelyn and his mom, but it went straight to voicemail.

Evelyn and Natasha: They're phones were silenced and away.

Jay: He sighed. Jay decided he'd give 2 hours to hear back. If not, he was off on a hunt.

Hope: She didn’t understand much of this conversation, smart though she was.

Raven: "Manipulation? I mean come on, Hope can't hurt a fly, neither Barton has my training, Gordon and Thora are themselves, Rogers is honor incarnate, Stark doesn't even try to lie, I can go on. You really think any of them are manipulative enough to con me? I go along, but they can't fool me."

Luke: "They’re here. Nearby."

Raven: "I merely asked them to protect the citizens from harm. It’s just me and you, just like your rules said."

Luke: He frowned.

Raven: She pressed forward. “Look, I'm here, why do you still have Hope? Hurting her will not change everything that happened, and it will just lead to me trying to kill you. Just let her go. Just you and me, exactly like you wanted in the first place."

Luke: He was silent for a while. "Fine." He pushed Hope away, and seized Raven's arm to keep her from following. "Go, girl, tell your friends: attack before we're finished, and all the innocent people in the café will die."

Hope: She paled and nodded and exited the building. She picked up Raven's comm. “Hello?"

Hope: She didn’t understand much of this conversation, smart though she was.

Raven: "Manipulation? I mean come on, Hope can't hurt a fly, neither Barton has my training, Gordon and Thora are themselves, Rogers is honor incarnate, Stark doesn't even try to lie, I can go on. You really think any of them are manipulative enough to con me? I go along, but they can't fool me."

Luke: "They’re here. Nearby."

Raven: "I merely asked them to protect the citizens from harm. It’s just me and you, just like your rules said."

Luke: He frowned.

Raven: She pressed forward. “Look, I'm here, why do you still have Hope? Hurting her will not change everything that happened, and it will just lead to me trying to kill you. Just let her go. Just you and me, exactly like you wanted in the first place."

Luke: He was silent for a while. "Fine." He pushed Hope away, and seized Raven's arm to keep her from following. "Go, girl, tell your friends: attack before we're finished, and all the innocent people in the café will die."

Hope: She paled and nodded and exited the building. She picked up Raven's comm. “Hello?"
Natasha: "Hope? Is that you? Are you safe?"

Natasha: "Hope? Is that you? Are you safe?"
Hope: "Yeah, it's me. I'm fine, he didn’t hurt me. I just want to go home. Can you patch me through to Jay? Oh, and Raven's still in there. Luke says if we attack them before they're done, he'll kill all of the innocent people in the café."

Hope: "Yeah, it's me. I'm fine, he didn’t hurt me. I just want to go home. Can you patch me through to Jay? Oh, and Raven's still in there. Luke says if we attack them before they're done, he'll kill all of the innocent people in the café."
Natasha:"Glad to hear your okay. Yikes. We'll get you home. I'm going to have Evelyn drive you home immediately. She'll get you connected with Jay. Mike and I will stay for backup. Stay safe, I'll make sure Raven does the same. Evelyn is by the fire hydrant. "

Natasha:"Glad to hear your okay. Yikes. We'll get you home. I'm going to have Evelyn drive you home immediately. She'll get you connected with Jay. Mike and I will stay for backup. Stay safe, I'll make sure Raven does the same. Evelyn is by the fire hydrant. "
Hope: She nodded, even though Natasha (probabaly?) couldn't see her. "Okay, I'll head that way. Stay safe." Hope pocketed the comm and went to the fire hydrant.

Hope: She nodded, even though Natasha (probabaly?) couldn't see her. "Okay, I'll head that way. Stay safe." Hope pocketed the comm and went to the fire hydrant.
Natasha: "Thank you."

Evelyn: "Hey Hope, follow me. Let's get out of here." She led her briskly to thr car and they drove off. "Here's my phone to call Jay."

Natasha: "Thank you."

Evelyn: "Hey Hope, follow me. Let's get out of here." She led her briskly to thr car and they drove off. "Here's my phone to call Jay."

Hope: "Thanks. You alright, Ev?"

Mike and Conrad: They were both relieved Hope was safe.

Evelyn: "Oh yeah, I'm just fine. How about you?"

Natasha: She was happy Hope got out safe, and was certain Raven would do the same.
Hope: "Tired, I didn't sleep at all. But I'm not hurt." She borrowed Evelyn's phone to call Jay.

Hope: "Hi Jay. I'm here. I'm fine. Raven is...as you might imagine, a bit more complicated. But Ev is driving herself and I home."

Hope: "Hi Jay. I'm here. I'm fine. Raven is...as you might imagine, a bit more complicated. But Ev is driving herself and I home."
Jay:"Well I'm relieved your okay and getting away from the situation. I hope Raven is okay. How did Luke treat you?"

Jay: He let a sigh of relief. "Oh thank goodness. I was afraid that creep would do something yo you."
Hope: "No. He barely even spoke to me. I mean, he raged, but it was almost like I wasn't even there sometimes, except he knew I was."

OOC: Hope you had a good Easter. We went to see Batman VS Superman. It was... interesting.

Hope: "Me too."
OOC: Thanks, it was nice and relaxing. Oh man I haven't heard anything great about it yet... how disappointing.

Evelyn: She kept driving.

Jay: "Yeah. Are you getting closer. Wait, stupid question we've been talking for like a minute.", he chuckled.

Natasha: She stayed alert, waiting to see what would unfold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter