Texas: Buy a $100 Disney Gift Card, get a $15 H-E-B gift card coupon

Can you apply the gift cards to your room charges instead of putting a CC on file? Or do you just use them at restaurants and for shopping?

Can you apply the gift cards to your room charges instead of putting a CC on file? Or do you just use them at restaurants and for shopping?

I was able to pay my room charges last year at OKW with my disney gift cards

I am from NJ and our local grocery store did something similar last June for Father's Day/Graduations. But it was a $15 coupon for every $50 gift card! I loaded up! I am so hoping they do this again in a couple of weeks. Alot of people were buying gas cards since those were wiped out pretty quickly. I think I was the only one buying Disney! I timed doing the Disney Visa offer for the 3 months extra 5% in anticipation of this.

Super sick to not have gotten in on this deal, especially since HEB is about 1 mile down the road! And because I just bought new 3 new DL AP's before the price increase and could have used the discounted Disney gift cards and saved $120! Not to mention getting the 5% back on my Chase Freedom for buying them at HEB since they are giving 5% back on grocery stores through June!!

HATE missing an awesome deal! Wonder what the chance of another $ off gift cards will be for Fathers Day...or anytime before October?

Whats weird is that I didn't see any sign/placard advertising this promo at either of my local stores and I actually DID buy gift cards (for teacher gifts) twice during the time period of the promotion! Is it possible some stores were doing this and some weren't?? :confused3

Super sick to not have gotten in on this deal, especially since HEB is about 1 mile down the road! And because I just bought new 3 new DL AP's before the price increase and could have used the discounted Disney gift cards and saved $120! Not to mention getting the 5% back on my Chase Freedom for buying them at HEB since they are giving 5% back on grocery stores through June!!

HATE missing an awesome deal! Wonder what the chance of another $ off gift cards will be for Fathers Day...or anytime before October?

Whats weird is that I didn't see any sign/placard advertising this promo at either of my local stores and I actually DID buy gift cards (for teacher gifts) twice during the time period of the promotion! Is it possible some stores were doing this and some weren't?? :confused3

I go to 3 HEB's in my area and never saw any promotion for this deal, every store I visit I check for gift card deals. I found the this tread on the last day of the deal and bought $200 so glad I was able to get some seeing as I have just bought $600 at Target about 2 weeks ago:sick:

The checker had no idea about this deal:scared: so I was thinking maybe it was just specific areas but it worked like a charm.:teacher:

I go to 3 HEB's in my area and never saw any promotion for this deal, every store I visit I check for gift card deals. I found the this tread on the last day of the deal and bought $200 so glad I was able to get some seeing as I have just bought $600 at Target about 2 weeks ago:sick:

The checker had no idea about this deal:scared: so I was thinking maybe it was just specific areas but it worked like a charm.:teacher:

Well, I'll tell you, I emailed HEB customer relations about it Friday afternoon; I was pretty peeved that they didn't advertise this promotion, if it was actually a working promotion. Its not good PR to have a sale and not let people know about it, and then when they find out that they missed it and could have used it...:furious: I have 2 Chase Freedom cards that I can get 5% back on at grocery stores that have a max limit of $1500 each-- that alone will get me $150 in rewards, but to have been able to use that in COMBO with a discount giving $15 off $100? That would have saved an additional $450! :crazy2:

I have to go lie down now.

PS. This discount queen HATES losing out on a great deal. I still can't get over missing out on the Discover card Shell limited time offer last Memorial Day...for 2 days they offered $40 Shell gift cards for redeeming $20 of Cashback bonus. I had $460 saved for something like that. So basically missed out on $460 of gas since there was no limit to how many you could "buy" until they ran out. :sad2:

I bought this tonight. I was grocery shopping and saw this coupon. I then bought a $100 Disney Gift Card (any $100 in most of their gift cards will do), and the register printed out a $15 off your next purchase coupon. It's a catalina coupon that expires in 2 weeks, so only buy as many as you can spend in 2 weeks. I then bought my groceries and used the $15 off coupon immediately.

So $100 of Disney Gift Cards for only $85 in additional expenses. The bad news ... for those that want this deal, it expires at midnight on Tuesday, 5/15.

Also of note. The checkout lady told me someone had come and bought a $100 iTunes gift card, received the $15 coupon, then bought another $100 iTunes gift card with the coupon and $85 more, got another coupon, and repeated that process a few more times. So "cascading" the purchases like that appears to be ok.

ETA: Cascading was verified to work. The first Disney Gift Card cost you $100 and gave you a gift card coupon, but each successive one would only cost you $85 + a gift card coupon, and would print you off another gift card coupon. So at the end, you would walk out with all these gift cards plus one $15 H-E-B gift card coupon that would expire in two weeks.
This is back on at HEB through July 31. I just got $700 through cascading. Plan on getting more before this offer expires.

Is this in a flyer? I am looking at this weeks ad, but I can't find it?

Not sure if it was in an ad. There was a sign next to the gift cards that advertised the promotion. The dates said that it ran from mid-July (not sure the exact date) to July 31. This was in Houston. It worked in a couple of different Houston locations. I will try Beaumont on Monday and Tuesday.

Awe man! Of course this happens when we're out of state. :sad2: I hope everyone can get this deal.

I called a few HEBs and none of them knew of the Catalinas. I went ahead and purchased a $100 gc this morning anyway since we leave in a week and did not receive the $15 off coupon.

I'm in San Antonio too :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Trinity524 said:
Boo... So not what I wanted to hear Fiesta. Could you refund your gift card?

Not sure if I could or not. Since we head to WDW next week I'll use it anyway. I was really excited at the prospect though :)

BTW I had to go to HEB Central Market to find Disney Cards. My nearest didn't have them.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are in North Central, in Stone Oak. I will go check a few and post back. Not sure what area in town you are in.

So is this offer like the one from last time? Buy $100 GC get a $15 off catalina? I have another trip coming up in Oct and could use the savings :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter