Texas: Buy a $100 Disney Gift Card, get a $15 H-E-B gift card coupon

ValpoCory

DIS Veteran
ETA: for the 2015 version of this deal, skip ahead to here.

I bought this tonight. I was grocery shopping and saw this coupon. I then bought a $100 Disney Gift Card (any $100 in most of their gift cards will do), and the register printed out a $15 off your next purchase coupon. It's a "Catalina" coupon that expires in 2 weeks, so only buy as many as you can spend in 2 weeks. I then bought my groceries and used the $15 off coupon immediately.

So $100 of Disney Gift Cards for only $85 in additional expenses. The bad news ... for those that want this deal, it expires at midnight on Tuesday, 5/15.

http://www.forthoodsavers.com/2012/05/hot-h-e-b-gift-card-promotion-get-15.html

Also of note. The checkout lady told me someone had come and bought a $100 iTunes gift card, received the $15 coupon, then bought another $100 iTunes gift card with the coupon and $85 more, got another coupon, and repeated that process a few more times. So "cascading" the purchases like that appears to be ok.

ETA: Cascading was verified to work. The first Disney Gift Card cost you $100 and gave you a gift card coupon, but each successive one would only cost you $85 + a gift card coupon, and would print you off another gift card coupon. So at the end, you would walk out with all these gift cards plus one $15 H-E-B gift card coupon that would expire in two weeks.

Last edited:
That's awesome. The only downside, I'd have to go to HEB to spend the 15 bucks. Is it worth it? Hmm....

What is the expiration date on the HEB coupons? I think I will go pick up $500 worth of gift cards then use the coupons for the shopping we need to do for the drive to Orlando (snacks, batteries, etc.).

Thanks for letting us know!

That's awesome. The only downside, I'd have to go to HEB to spend the 15 bucks. Is it worth it? Hmm....

Hah, true. But with cascading the purchases like I described above, you'll only have to spend one $15 gift card coupon. And if you are a Whole Foods customer, which is the main group that looks down on H-E-B, then you can just buy some organic products they sell, or Central Market brand goods.

What is the expiration date on the HEB coupons? I think I will go pick up $500 worth of gift cards then use the coupons for the shopping we need to do for the drive to Orlando (snacks, batteries, etc.).

Thanks for letting us know!

I believe my gift card coupon expired on May 28th, but I didn't pay too much attention to it since I immediately used it. When you buy your $500 in gift cards, make sure buy them in $100 increments so you get 5 separate $15 coupons. As you get each coupon, use it on the next transaction.

Thanks so much for posting this. I had actually planned on picking up another $200 of gift cards and do most of my shopping at HEB anyway. I'll definitely be making a trip there today!!

No problem. This 15% off Disney deal is nice. I still remember the incredible 33.3% off Disney deal from December 2010. I always look for that. But I'll take 15%.

Also of note ... this is the second consecutive year H-E-B has offered these Catalina style gift card coupons on Disney and other Gift Cards in early-to-mid May. Last May, though, it was just the $5 back off of each $50 you spent. So this is 5% better.

No problem. This 15% off Disney deal is nice. I still remember the incredible 33.3% off Disney deal from December 2010. I always look for that. But I'll take 15%.

Also of note ... this is the second consecutive year H-E-B has offered these Catalina style gift card coupons on Disney and other Gift Cards in early-to-mid May. Last May, though, it was just the $5 back off of each $50 you spent. So this is 5% better.

Awesome, I'll have to keep my eyes open for more promos. I'm only buying $100 in GCs today though. I can make a payment on our cruise and the $15 should just about cover the groceries I was going to pick up!

I think they do it targeting people buying graduation gifts. I know a number of other places like Kroger have gift card specials right now but this is the only one I know of that works for Disney gift cards. :cool1:

I think they do it targeting people buying graduation gifts. I know a number of other places like Kroger have gift card specials right now but this is the only one I know of that works for Disney gift cards. :cool1:

Although the placard says Mother's Day, I bet Graduation time is a factor as well. I'm just glad it worked for Disney.

Although the placard says Mother's Day, I bet Graduation time is a factor as well. I'm just glad it worked for Disney.

No kidding. I'm going to pick up $500 which will save me $75. The final $15 coupon from the last card I'll use immediately for things on our vacation shopping list so this will be a real savings on the vacation budget. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you giving us the heads up!

Do I need a coupon on anything? Or is just like automatic coupon.:teacher: Thanks

Do I need a coupon on anything? Or is just like automatic coupon.:teacher: Thanks

No coupon needed. The register automatically prints out the gift card coupon for you at the checkout. I asked the store employee to charge the Disney Gift Card first by itself. I paid for it, and she handed me the $15 gift card coupon. She then ran my groceries through, and I handed her back the coupon for $15 off my groceries. Very easy.

No kidding. I'm going to pick up $500 which will save me $75. The final $15 coupon from the last card I'll use immediately for things on our vacation shopping list so this will be a real savings on the vacation budget. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you giving us the heads up!

It's no problem at all. That's what this board is for! I can't tell you how many deals I've heard about here on this board over the last 3 years.

No coupon needed. The register automatically prints out the gift card coupon for you at the checkout. I asked the store employee to charge the Disney Gift Card first by itself. I paid for it, and she handed me the $15 gift card coupon. She then ran my groceries through, and I handed her back the coupon for $15 off my groceries. Very easy.

Thanks so much. I'm on my way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter