Southern California (& Disneyland): Backstage Magic Meets Thread

Ok.. We decided to take the red eye and use the latest ABD departure of 4 pm back to the airport. We will be early for our flight but that's fine.

I have a park pass question.. I want to be sure that we can use the parks on the last day after breakfast for the rest of the day. I asked ABD by email and they said that we get a 4 day hopper pass on Day 3. But then they said we might not want to use it the day we arrive in DL so we can use in on the last day after breakfast.

That doesn't make sense to me... if we get it on Day 3, and it's a 4 day pass.. then Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6... that's 4 days... so it should be fine, right??

Am I missing something?

No, they're wrong, unless something's changed since last year. You get a four-day hopper: The first day you use to go to DL for ADB's evening activities (Day 3 of the tour); the second day you go on the DL part of the tour (Day 4 of the tour); the third day you go on the DCA part of your tour (Day 5 of the tour); the fourth day you can use it after breakfast (Day 6 of the tour). Unless they're giving you 3-day hoppers, you're fine.

are you guys wearing a costume for the Halloween party? Coz we did last year and it was so much fun.

To anyone who is doing the Adults Only trip in October 2014..

Would you be interested in a facebook group for just us? I use facebook more than this site and might be another way to communicate.

I'm happy to set it up if there is interest. Send me a PM with your info if you want in :)

Christine

To anyone who is doing the Adults Only trip in October 2014..

Would you be interested in a facebook group for just us? I use facebook more than this site and might be another way to communicate.

I'm happy to set it up if there is interest. Send me a PM with your info if you want in :)

Christine

I just sent you a PM. I am rarely on Facebook, but it's a great idea! princess:

Ok folks on the Oct 12 2014 ABD Backstage Magic.. we now have a facebook group

It is called "Backstage Magic ABD October 2014"

Just ask to join and you'll all set.

Booked on the Adults only departure on jan 25th, 2015!
Long time to wait but already very excited!! We will combine it with a few extra days in Grand Californian and a week in Aulani (booked with DVC points).
Anyone else already booked?

Just booked Backstage Magic March 23-28, 2014 :cool1: It will be me (Jacquelyn), DH (Chris), Mom (Patricia) & Dad (Dennis), My twin (Jennifer) & brother-in-law (Jim) Looking forward to a fantastic trip. We live near Philadelphia and have never been to the West Coast before! We also booked 2 extra days in DL to play a little while longer! :thumbsup2

Hi!!! I'll be on this trip as well. It's going to be me, my DH and inlaws. We are all so excited. We're from the east coast too. Counting down the days till March!

Forgive me if this is a "dumb" question... but I may as well ask.

I am going on the Feb DIS exclusive BSM. I plan to arrive in time to get two full days in the parks.

I work at a firm that has a significant business relationship w Disney and, as a result, we get 20% off tickets to both Disney World and Disneyland. Unfortunately, we can only buy certain ticket types - for example at DL we can only get 1day1park or 3dayHoppers.

I know at Disney World our tickets are fully upgradable and I can get 100 cents of the value of the ticket even though I only paid 80 cents... if I were to extend the ticket beyond the days originally alloted for.

Does anyone know if the same math applies to DL?

I can purchase a 1day1Park ticket for $73.60. But ideally would want a 2 day hopper. So can I buy the ticket for $73.60 and upgrade to a two day hopper for an additional $118 ($210-$92)?

Alternatively, I may just but 2 1day1park tickets for $147.20 ($73.60*2) and save $ for souveniers.

Also a dumb question, ABD itself doesnt offer discounted tickets for folks coming early do they?

That said (and a separate / second question for those w BSM experience), should I alter my touring of the parks in advance of BSM in light of the what we will experience on the tour. Not withstanding ABD, this will be our 3rd trip to DL - so its not totally a new experience for us.

Forgive me if this is a "dumb" question... but I may as well ask.

I am going on the Feb DIS exclusive BSM. I plan to arrive in time to get two full days in the parks.

I work at a firm that has a significant business relationship w Disney and, as a result, we get 20% off tickets to both Disney World and Disneyland. Unfortunately, we can only buy certain ticket types - for example at DL we can only get 1day1park or 3dayHoppers.

I know at Disney World our tickets are fully upgradable and I can get 100 cents of the value of the ticket even though I only paid 80 cents... if I were to extend the ticket beyond the days originally alloted for.

Does anyone know if the same math applies to DL?

I can purchase a 1day1Park ticket for $73.60. But ideally would want a 2 day hopper. So can I buy the ticket for $73.60 and upgrade to a two day hopper for an additional $118 ($210-$92)?

Alternatively, I may just but 2 1day1park tickets for $147.20 ($73.60*2) and save $ for souveniers.

Also a dumb question, ABD itself doesnt offer discounted tickets for folks coming early do they?
Never a dumb question! :thumbsup2 Since the first question is really more of a general Disneyland policy question (rather than an ABD specific question) you may have better luck getting an answer on the Disneyland Forum:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

And for the discounted tickets from ABD question, I'd suggest you check with Kevin. He knows all the ins and outs of what ABD does & doesn't offer for these trips.

Sayhello

Never a dumb question! :thumbsup2 Since the first question is really more of a general Disneyland policy question (rather than an ABD specific question) you may have better luck getting an answer on the Disneyland Forum: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26 And for the discounted tickets from ABD question, I'd suggest you check with Kevin. He knows all the ins and outs of what ABD does & doesn't offer for these trips. Sayhello

I did also post on the DL thread. Seems like there is no bridging of park tickets at DL like there is at wdw (so they only give u credit for what you paid for the ticket, not what it's worth). In that case, it's only worth buying a discounted ticket if u are going to use it as issued.

Will wait for Kevin to get back and ask if ABD has special pricing for tickets

Howdy from the frozen land called Texas! I am taking my DS13 on a surprise trip for his 14th birthday. We will be on the July 13th, 2014 trip. So far I have been good at keeping it secret. His birthday is 7/12. We are getting up and heading to the airport. He will not know until we get there what we are doing. I have kept it quiet since October. I only have 5 months to go..... Wish me luck!

Howdy from the frozen land called Texas! I am taking my DS13 on a surprise trip for his 14th birthday. We will be on the July 13th, 2014 trip. So far I have been good at keeping it secret. His birthday is 7/12. We are getting up and heading to the airport. He will not know until we get there what we are doing. I have kept it quiet since October. I only have 5 months to go..... Wish me luck!
Best of luck! :thumbsup2 That's a long time to keep a surprise, but I have faith you'll make it!

I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post.

Sayhello

Just found out today that my Husband has booked us on the Southern California ABD. We are so excited. We travel on the 25th May 2014. The itinerary sounds amazing!! This is our first ABD is anyone else booked for this adventure?

Just found out today that my Husband has booked us on the Southern California ABD. We are so excited. We travel on the 25th May 2014. The itinerary sounds amazing!! This is our first ABD is anyone else booked for this adventure?
Congrats on your first ABD! I always warn people... Beware, they are HIGHLY addictive! :thumbsup2

I've added you to the Roll Call on the first page. Is it just you and your Husband, or will there be others in your traveling party?

Sayhello

So excited I saw this thread as I'm counting down the days to my Backstage Magic Tour in October. 2 months ago I booked my tour and after talking about every detail of the trip, my Mom decided to join me! I love that I have converted her into a Disney Nerd to. We will be going on the October 26-31 tour, staying in Disneyland for a few days after, and then continuing on to spend a few days at Huntington Beach. Although we have been to Disney World a few times recently, we haven't been to Disneyland since 1991!!! :eek: We are very excited about this amazing Disney travel opportunity!
Keep Moving Forward,
Rachel (& my Mom Sue)

We are close to the 6 month date and starting to look at booking our airfare. I was wondering about arrival times. We need to be at LAX by 1PM. Is an 11:30 or 11:55 arrival time cutting it too close? Should I be looking for an earlier arrival time? Will that mean hanging around the airport longer waiting for pickup?

We are close to the 6 month date and starting to look at booking our airfare. I was wondering about arrival times. We need to be at LAX by 1PM. Is an 11:30 or 11:55 arrival time cutting it too close? Should I be looking for an earlier arrival time? Will that mean hanging around the airport longer waiting for pickup?
Personally, I suggest arriving at least the day before, to allow for flight issues and to adjust to the time difference. If you must arrive day of, I think the times you are picking are cutting it close, in case there are flight delays.

I believe Backstage Magic is one of the trips where they do multiple transfers based on when you arrive, so you shouldn't have to wait around the airport. I'm sure someone who has been on this trip will correct me if I'm wrong!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter