Southern California (& Disneyland): Backstage Magic Meets Thread

Last minute surprise trip for us. Just signed up for the July 13th-18th one also! It will be me, DH, DS17 and DD15. Can't wait!

I am so jealous!! Are you a DVC member getting opening rates on the trip?

Disney's tiered pricing system basically squashes spontaneity if trip prices are up $1000 vs. opening rates. I really wish they'd change that because I would be much more likely to book things last minute.

I am so jealous!! Are you a DVC member getting opening rates on the trip? Disney's tiered pricing system basically squashes spontaneity if trip prices are up $1000 vs. opening rates. I really wish they'd change that because I would be much more likely to book things last minute.

Yes, we are dvc. Made a huge difference. Probably the best perk I've had from disney yet. I'm not a fan of the tiered pricing either though. I suspect they do it to get people to commit earlier.

Yes, we are dvc. Made a huge difference. Probably the best perk I've had from disney yet. I'm not a fan of the tiered pricing either though. I suspect they do it to get people to commit earlier.
I imagine you're right. ABD is very different from DCL or WDW or DLR. For one thing, ABD doesn't own the accommodations. They have to contract with the hotels (and local guides and line up Adventure Guides). They really just can't always add a lot of folks last minute. If everyone signed up last minute, it would be a nightmare. They have to know that at least a certain number of folks will be on a particular departure. They have to be sure that one hotel has enough rooms for everyone. As much as I wish they didn't have the tiered pricing (or cancel trips) I can understand why it happens.

Sayhello

Anyone going on the June 8 adventure, could you report on whether the restaurant is open at the Loews? I'll be there a couple days early for the July 6 adventure and want to see if it is available.

Thanks

Anyone going on the June 8 adventure, could you report on whether the restaurant is open at the Loews? I'll be there a couple days early for the July 6 adventure and want to see if it is available. Thanks

I did the May 25 trip and the Loews restaurant was open. The ABD breakfasts were there.

Thanks for the info. How was your trip?

The trip was good...but would not call it my favorite ABD. A family on our trip has done BSM 3 times. Honestly I did not see anything that would make me want to do the same trip that many times. Our trip had to be modified slightly due to the Memorial Day holiday which may have been a factor. I think they could /should make some adjustments to some of the experiences. I felt like they were stretching some of the presentations to fill the time slot.

Anyone going on the June 8 adventure, could you report on whether the restaurant is open at the Loews? I'll be there a couple days early for the July 6 adventure and want to see if it is available.

Thanks

I am on the BSM ABD right now and yes, Preston's is open. This is my first ABD and I am loving it....there have been surprises everyday and I am loving it. I am ususally the planner of the trips so it is nice to have someone else do it and not know what is next!!!!

I am on the BSM ABD right now and yes, Preston's is open. This is my first ABD and I am loving it....there have been surprises everyday and I am loving it. I am ususally the planner of the trips so it is nice to have someone else do it and not know what is next!!!!

So glad to hear you are loving it! We'll be going in July, so I can't wait to hear your overall impression!

Hi All!

We just booked the January 8-12, 2015 BSM - Special Star Wars Tour. It will be myself, Andy, my DW, ToniAnn and our DD10, Elizabeth. This will be our first ABD trip.

I've just booked onto the June 21st 2015 trip. It'll be a surprise 50th birthday present for my husband, our first ABD and our first trip to California. We'll be visiting San Francisco and Yosemite beforehand, and hope to add a few extra days at DL afterwards. I'm very excited!!!!!!

Our tentative guides for our trip starting July 6th are Summer Rose and Angela. I leave in three weeks. Getting very excited. :banana: :cheer2: party:

I've just booked onto the June 21st 2015 trip. It'll be a surprise 50th birthday present for my husband, our first ABD and our first trip to California. We'll be visiting San Francisco and Yosemite beforehand, and hope to add a few extra days at DL afterwards. I'm very excited!!!!!!
Congrats on booking your first ABD! I'm sure you & your husband will have a great celebration. And you will love San Francisco & Yosemite, too! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread.

Sayhello

Hubby (Jeff) and I (Pam) Oct 11, 2015 - Oct 16, 2015 - Adult Exclusive trip and 12th wedding anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter