Southern California (& Disneyland): Backstage Magic Meets Thread

A leisurely breakfast means there's nothing planned after, so you don't have to get down there at the same time as everyone else, but most do.

I'd take the later flight, personally. That would allow a more leisurely pace that morning after all the rushing around the days before. However, both would be fine and would not cause you to rush.

Thanks for the explanation....and the flight tips...

We just did the BSM a few weeks ago and we also flew home to Canada on the Friday it ended. We did the 3:45 flight which was great for us, we had time to go back into Disneyland by ourselves and see a lot that there wasn't time for on the tour (a park pass for that day is included in the trip anyway).

Thanks Nicole....I was leaning towards this flight but didn't want to spend all day in the airport...a quick trip to the park sounds like a great way to end the trip...BTW...how was your ABD? I have been wanting to take this trip since it began and I cannot believe I am actually booked...I think it will feel more real this weekend when I finally book my flights....

Thanks Nicole....I was leaning towards this flight but didn't want to spend all day in the airport...a quick trip to the park sounds like a great way to end the trip...BTW...how was your ABD? I have been wanting to take this trip since it began and I cannot believe I am actually booked...I think it will feel more real this weekend when I finally book my flights....
Ending in Disneyland was really great!

Our ABD was amazing! I was expecting great things, and my expectations were really surpassed. I knew quite a few of the surprises from reading the DIS but I was still surprised at some of the magic they make! You're going to have the best time! :goodvibes

Ending in Disneyland was really great!

Our ABD was amazing! I was expecting great things, and my expectations were really surpassed. I knew quite a few of the surprises from reading the DIS but I was still surprised at some of the magic they make! You're going to have the best time! :goodvibes

That's good to know that reading reviews did not ruin the surprises...I was a little worried when I read a very detailed review and then thought...I shouldn't have read that...I have vowed not to read any more reviews before my trip....

BTW...booked my flights this weekend so now it feels real...goofy, I know but that's me.

I'm arriving the day before my tour so I will already be checked into my room at the Loews the day before the Tour starts. I'm planning some things to do earlier on the day the tour starts. What time do I have to be back at the Hotel for the start of the tour and is there any pre-registration before the "Welcome" dinner?

Really excited!!!

I'm arriving the day before my tour so I will already be checked into my room at the Loews the day before the Tour starts. I'm planning some things to do earlier on the day the tour starts. What time do I have to be back at the Hotel for the start of the tour and is there any pre-registration before the "Welcome" dinner?

Really excited!!!

Every trip is different, but I believe that we met for the welcome dinner at 4:45, with it "officially" beginning at 5:00 PM. I just pulled out the letter that our guides left for us in our rooms when we first checked in, and it says that they were available in the lobby that first day from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM. They pretty much just introduced themselves and took our lunch order for the next day at that point; it was very informal.

Every trip is different, but I believe that we met for the welcome dinner at 4:45, with it "officially" beginning at 5:00 PM. I just pulled out the letter that our guides left for us in our rooms when we first checked in, and it says that they were available in the lobby that first day from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM. They pretty much just introduced themselves and took our lunch order for the next day at that point; it was very informal.

Thanks! I'll try to be back at the hotel by 2 PM from my jaunt!

My sister and I are considering BSM as our first ABD tour. We are debating between the June or October adults exclusive trips. If anyone who has toured during these times could give me some info on the weather and park crowds it would be a big help. I believe the Monday of the October trip would be Columbus Day, though we would be on the Hollywood leg of the tour on that day, I wonder if it would impact the crowds for the rest of the week.

My sister and I are considering BSM as our first ABD tour. We are debating between the June or October adults exclusive trips. If anyone who has toured during these times could give me some info on the weather and park crowds it would be a big help. I believe the Monday of the October trip would be Columbus Day, though we would be on the Hollywood leg of the tour on that day, I wonder if it would impact the crowds for the rest of the week.

We were at DL/DCA last year after our cruise for a few days the weekend after Columbus day and I don't recall it being too crowded...of course the weekends always seem more crowded than the weekdays...

Question RE: Tour Group Size

I do have a question....I read on another thread about the BSM tour and the person said their tour was sold out which meant there were 44 people on the tour...I thought ABD tour groups were kept smaller, especially for the price? I guess we were spoiled with our one day ABD Lights Camera Magic tour as it was only 15 people...Was I wrong to think that the tour groups would be kept to about 20 people? 44 seems like a lot of people to tour with...can anyone with experience with these tours advise if this is a "normal" size tour group (44)....

Question RE: Tour Group Size

I do have a question....I read on another thread about the BSM tour and the person said their tour was sold out which meant there were 44 people on the tour...I thought ABD tour groups were kept smaller, especially for the price? I guess we were spoiled with our one day ABD Lights Camera Magic tour as it was only 15 people...Was I wrong to think that the tour groups would be kept to about 20 people? 44 seems like a lot of people to tour with...can anyone with experience with these tours advise if this is a "normal" size tour group (44)....
There are a few ABD's where the capacity is a bit less (Quest for the West is less than 44, I believe because of the capacity of Brooks Lake Lodge). But for most of the Adventures, the max number is 44. It *was* 40 a while back, but has been 44 for at least a couple of years.

So yes, 44 is the "normal" maximum. 15 is probably closer to the minimum they will run a trip with, and 20 would still be considered a small group.

I take off-season trips (May & September) and the counts have been 14, 15, 39, 28 & 18. The ones with less than 20 people have all been Adults Only.

The number is kind of relative. 44 *is* a small number compared to some other tour companies. It's pretty comparable to many others. I did the ABD Med cruise add-on with 39 people, and it was surprisingly not that much different from the trips I've done with far fewer people. The Adventure Guides are really adept at keeping everyone moving. The only time I really noticed the group was that large was bathroom breaks, and when we went to buy gelato. That did take a bit of extra time.

Sayhello

Thanks sayhello....I am booked on an adults only so I will keep my fingers crossed but will expect a larger group...better to know now than to be surprised that first night....there is no backing out now...flights are booked and ABD is slowly being paid off....

We are booked for BSM Oct 12-17, 2014! Our first ABD. :) Please add me (pixiepirate) and sis (dzalice) to the roll call. It's gonna be a long wait.

We are booked for BSM Oct 12-17, 2014! Our first ABD. :) Please add me (pixiepirate) and sis (dzalice) to the roll call. It's gonna be a long wait.
Done! That's the hard part about booking ABD's ahead of time! The wait is *so* hard! But it will be worth it! :goodvibes

Sayhello

Thanks, sayhello. We wanted to try a shorter ABD trip as we are considering their Australia tour a couple of years down the road.

My husband and I just booked this (adults only!) trip this morning!! We went on a Backstage Magic trip in 2009 but are looking forward to visiting certain places again and others for the first time! :cool1: We are also hoping that Mickey's Halloween Party will be included!! Only 13 months to go!

My husband and I just booked this (adults only!) trip this morning!! We went on a Backstage Magic trip in 2009 but are looking forward to visiting certain places again and others for the first time! :cool1: We are also hoping that Mickey's Halloween Party will be included!! Only 13 months to go!

Yay!!! I hope you enjoy your trip!

It's exactly one month until I leave for next month's BSM tour. Expecting a special "box" soon! So excited!

Just read on the Disneyland thread that Club 33 is closing for 6 months starting in January 2014 for major renovations....guess we won't get to dine here on our ABD :sad:

October 13-18 Backstage Magic people, did you get your box with itinerary and back packs in the mail today? It was exciting to come home from work and see the box sitting there. Only a month to go, so excited! Look forward to meeting those of you on our trip soon.

Yes, it was my BOX that arrived today for the Oct 13-18 BSM tour (and not my curtain order)!!!! LOL!!!

I actually just opened it since I still had so much work to finish when I got home. I am so excited! Have I said that enough?!?!? :goodvibes

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter