Southern California (& Disneyland): Backstage Magic Meets Thread

We are close to the 6 month date and starting to look at booking our airfare. I was wondering about arrival times. We need to be at LAX by 1PM. Is an 11:30 or 11:55 arrival time cutting it too close? Should I be looking for an earlier arrival time? Will that mean hanging around the airport longer waiting for pickup?

Being from the land of "not-so-good" weather, I also recommend flying in the day before and getting acclimated to the time change, etc. That way, you will not have to worry about possible flight delays. I did the tour last October and am really glad I arrived a day early. I'm also doing it again in July. It's a really busy trip, so it's nice to have the one pre-day to take it easy!

There were several of us who arrived around the same time at LAX, yet I think we were all picked up separately at LAX by their contracted drivers and transported to the hotel. There was someone waiting for me near baggage pick-up when I arrived. I didn't have to wait at all. I would not feel comfortable arriving so close to 1:00 PM, but some people do it.

Thank you sayhello and YodasMom for your input. We don't have the option of adding on an extra day so we will definitely be going with the much earlier flight which arrives around 9:30. Hopefully that will give us plenty of time to absorb any possible delays. We are also from the Chicago area. With the neverending winter we have had so far this year, who know what October will be like. :) I will definitely be adding in the day early on our next trip.

We received our adventure box for our May 25th trip! We are so excited! This will be our 4th ABD. As someone else said, they are very additictive! This year's box is very different from last year's box. I like the changes!!

A nice canvas tote bag with ABD stitched on the front. A drawstring backpack with a mesh pocket on the outside and ABD stitched above a zipper pocket. A nylon drawstring bag with ABD stamped on it. And a leather (?) portfolio with our documents and luggage tags along with 2 leather (?) luggage tags.

A nice canvas tote bag with ABD stitched on the front. A drawstring backpack with a mesh pocket on the outside and ABD stitched above a zipper pocket. A nylon drawstring bag with ABD stamped on it. And a leather (?) portfolio with our documents and luggage tags along with 2 leather (?) luggage tags.

That's what someone reported in another thread. I guess they changed from that green backpack. Was it one bag per family or did you get this set for each person in your travel party?

I am traveling with my 2 DDs (15 and 12). We only got one set of the bags I listed. I wondered if we got the 3 types of bags because there were 3 of us traveling or if it was a standard 'set' for an adventure.

Not at all like the green nylon backpacks we got last year. Each one of us got a backpack...but we really did not like them.

I guess I'll be the first to be listed for the Aug. 10-15 Backstage Magic. I'll be traveling with my DH and DD(13). DD and I are extremely obsessive about Disney but have only been to Florida so far. So excited to see the places where it all started. And DD is really excited about Hollywood as well.

I guess I'll be the first to be listed for the Aug. 10-15 Backstage Magic. I'll be traveling with my DH and DD(13). DD and I are extremely obsessive about Disney but have only been to Florida so far. So excited to see the places where it all started. And DD is really excited about Hollywood as well.
Welcome! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post. Backstage Magic is definitely the ABD for the Disney obsessed! :) It's quite the popular trip around here!

Sayhello

Booked this for August 9-14, 2015. It will be myself and my then-13 year old daughter and my friend and her then-13 year old daughter.

My then-15 year old daughter and I just signed up for the August 9-14, 2015 trip. We just finished our 8th Disney cruise, but decided to change things up for next year and try out ABD. We've been annual pass holders at Disney World for many years, so we're really looking forward to this trip.

My then-15 year old daughter and I just signed up for the August 9-14, 2015 trip. We just finished our 8th Disney cruise, but decided to change things up for next year and try out ABD. We've been annual pass holders at Disney World for many years, so we're really looking forward to this trip.
Welcome to the ABD Forum, and congrats on your first ABD! Beware, though. They can be addictive!

I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post. You'll be on the same departure as DISer rebeccam31, her daughter & friends.

Sayhello

could you post a picture of the drawstring backback please....I just got my ABD box from my travel agent...I only got the canvas tote, nylon drawstring bag and the leather portfolio with my documents, luggage tags and leather luggage tags...I wonder because I am a single traveller that I only get the canvas tote and not the backpack....

This time next week I will be flying to LAX to begin my Backstage Magic Adventure....I am so excited....I am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather and that the trip is everything and more that I imagined!!!!

Still trying to plan my arrival day (Saturday) and Day 1 of the Adventure (Sunday) before our dinner....

could you post a picture of the drawstring backback please....I just got my ABD box from my travel agent...I only got the canvas tote, nylon drawstring bag and the leather portfolio with my documents, luggage tags and leather luggage tags...I wonder because I am a single traveller that I only get the canvas tote and not the backpack....

I got my box today! I received the same as you. My son and I are traveling together. I did not get a backpack. I was darn happy to see that box! It means it is getting closer....

I got my box 10 days ago, also no drawstring backpack, unless it's hiding in the other drawstring bag and I missed it. Next month can't come fast enough. :banana:

I received our packages yesterday as well. The drawstring backpack or cinch bag are for children. Which I assumed because I have two reservations and one box had one and one did not. I called with other questions this morning and they confirmed for me that those bags are for children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter