Something About Nothing ... #12

Any one besides me have issue with posting ?

Either it is my phone or the boards that awe wonky

I can be typing and all of a sudden nothing is seen
Like it freezes up
I hit the keyboard but nothing types

Usually happens when screen goes blank with a brief message about that
Unable to take a command

Took me ages to log in tonight and earlier today.......

Pressing post and nothing happens.........wonder what maintenance is being done for 2 hours every morning.....

Had a real lazy day today, ironed a little this morning, mainly DS white shirts for work, and then sat in the sun.......lunch and watched the Grand Prix......thrilled with the result.....our guy won......yay.......called my aunt in Long Island for an hour or so, then sat in the sun some more till it got a little cooler.......

Had dinner and now being lazy again.......we've all enjoyed a day doing nothing......and both of mine are off tomorrow too.......

Just been handed a glass of red wine........well, it is Keishas lovely husband's birthday..........any excuse......:D

Food coma over. There is something about food on the grill that tastes better. Yum.

Wine now sounds good. A lazy evening for us.

Just saw on the news, a kid flew off a water slide and landed on the concrete, in CA, a new water park. Scary.

Yay! Off tomorrow and hoping the game is before the rain comes. It has been almost too hot today.

Have a nice Sunday evening, one before a Monday to remember. Night all.

So what Lynne is saying, free food at her place next 3 day weekend

Burnt offerings on the grill if I am the cook

So Lynne needs to appoint the chef

Trey is the grillmaster at our house...I do the prep work and Danielle does the sides...now we flip a coin for cleanup duty.

We're all pleasantly stuffed and have enough leftovers for the rest of the week. Steak, pork chops, chicken breasts and hot dogs.

Hope everyone had a great weekend :flower1:

Hello all, been a few days since I posted, so here is the update:

We had the 2 park 2 day plus 2 day free tickets that expire May 31st. Plan all along was to upgrade to Seasonal Passes once we were in the park, as that has seemed to be the route that got the best conversion price. When we hit Orlando, with a sick fella in tow, we debated on not going to UOR at all...we were staying offsite the first two nights, anyway. So, I went ahead and upgraded before we were do at HRH...in case we did not go, our Seasonal Passes would not start until we came for our next trip. But, in the end, we decided to go. The boy hardly ate anything for 5 days, but started feeling better on Thursday and was riding RRR by Friday (our last day). Since that was our last day, we stayed as long as he wanted to, so we did not leave until around 6pm (we are usually gone by about 2pm our last day).

He has perked up and is feeling better each day, but we all know it is a long road to 100%....and thanks again for all the well wishes. But, we were back down to 2 drivers for the trip, but we managed.

Of course, we were very excited that our Predators won and are going to the Final (along with Keisha's Pens), but that was tempered by the events in Manchester. I actually met a number of people from Manchester during our stay...just terrible the world is what it is, these days.

Mac, hope you are progressing each day.

Keisha, we will need to keep it civil on this thread...interesting note, it has been reported that it would be cheaper to purchase a ticket to a Pens home Final game and buy a round trip airline ticket and hotel stay, than to buy a ticket to a Preds home game. Not being snarky, just found that interesting. Also, the Pittsburgh fish markets will not sell catfish to anyone with a Tennessee ID...and the Preds won't sell tickets to anyone with a Pennsylvania address. It is going to be fun.

Wag, welcome back home !!!

Meaning this home, and of course back in the homeland of the preds

Glad your boy perked up and was okay the last two days at the Darkness

It will be many many days before he will be back to 100%
Prayers he will recover quickly

Had to be a long ride home with only two drivers but you made it

A few more accidents and traffic tie up
This week at the 75 - 24 split
Horrible one

After you get settled would love to hear how you all liked UO and the new rides

Oh I don't know mac.......Vicki's place sounds kinda good to me right now........except hot dogs......I don't eat them.....but the rest of the food......::yes::

Welcome home wag........glad your son is doing better........and that you could still enjoy your time there.....

Bacon in an hour or so...........:thumbsup2

Woke up to fog this morning......and cool, very cool. We were high 80's last week, today has to be low 60's.....typical Bank Holiday weather........but nice to sleep late as both husband and son are off work today, so need for me to get up early either.

Not sure of plans today, not much now as weather sucks. Can't see the end of our drive never mind the sea.....

Hope you all have a good Holiday Monday........:)

Hollering mom, no slackers today. Cool, so shorts are in the drawer, and pants are on. Rained overnight, so all is wet.

Wag, glad to hear you had a good trip. And even more so to hear DS is better and still had a good time.

Yay for Tink having leftovers. We do too. Looking forward to a burger for lunch today. Hehe, little one claimed the pasta salad container. Umm, she should eat it before DH eats it.

When family was together, brother grills. All help clean up.

Okay glitchy DIS, I am done retrying this post. And waiting for the typing to catch up.

Have a great day homies.

Congrats Marcie. How was the visit with your kids as we were leaving? Did u do pandora yet? Curious if you liked better than we did.

Tons of issues on ipad/phone here too. Website refreshing while writing posts - poof goes my thots. Well, that could be a good thing at times.

NBA was in/out/in again. Wonder if financing was an issue? Thought the food @ the citiwalk was decent and fairly priced option compared to many of the other venues there. Since DS has gotten so big, we rarely visit it each trip, just too much of a time suck for me.

Talking a break today, begged off going to club to swim with GD. Seems like i didn't nothing but cook & referee'd 'the kids' squabbling majority of the weekend:crazy:. Our pool is only 64 degrees, GD braved it. I refuse to dip unless water temp is at least 68 and even then it's just to say i did it lol. Need several days of upper 70's to make it right. Not going to happen here this week.

One crazy Mac question

Keisha
Was it a double Dave birthday ?

Knew jr but taken back when wishes for the cute guy were posted

If it was don't tell him I missed it

I blame memory screw up on the modern way of pain relief

So a very big HB to him also

Yep, a two-fer :) which the mr loves as he always felt cheated jr came just a bit early. He could officially retire now, believe he'll keep plugging away for a few more years as we have many leeches in the family:rolleyes1:headache:

Better living thru chemistry :) who cares if you forget a few things...btw, I'm 29 and weigh 100 pds:P

Congrats Marcie. How was the visit with your kids as we were leaving? Did u do pandora yet? Curious if you liked better than we did.
Sorry - I know I owe you an email! :) I was fascinated to hear about your cruise, um, experiences! For the money you pay though I think I'd rather have the time on the ship than at the parks.

Visit with son was good - he's in Norfolk now so no clue when he'll be home again so glad he got to see Pandora. We really LOVED the Pandora passholder previews - thought it was a really, really great perk. Rode FOP 4 times the first time (and would have more without a whiny 23-year-old with us!). Went back the next day to meet friends at their preview and rode another time. Went back yesterday to ride yet again (um, and are heading in again in about 3 hours!). Feel FOP is by far the best that Disney has to offer, but still can't measure up to Forbidden Journey with the real sets and much more movement. We've really enjoyed the Satuli Canteen too. Hearing the 11pm-1am EMH's are a mess though - staying at ASSports next Sun night to take advantage of one (and get more MB's and just enjoy a resort) so we'll see how bad it is then!

Sorry - I know I owe you an email! :) I was fascinated to hear about your cruise, um, experiences! For the money you pay though I think I'd rather have the time on the ship than at the parks.

Visit with son was good - he's in Norfolk now so no clue when he'll be home again so glad he got to see Pandora. We really LOVED the Pandora passholder previews - thought it was a really, really great perk. Rode FOP 4 times the first time (and would have more without a whiny 23-year-old with us!). Went back the next day to meet friends at their preview and rode another time. Went back yesterday to ride yet again (um, and are heading in again in about 3 hours!). Feel FOP is by far the best that Disney has to offer, but still can't measure up to Forbidden Journey with the real sets and much more movement. We've really enjoyed the Satuli Canteen too. Hearing the 11pm-1am EMH's are a mess though - staying at ASSports next Sun night to take advantage of one (and get more MB's and just enjoy a resort) so we'll see how bad it is then!

Yes the perks was very nice. No issues with motion sickness for you guys? So odd DH felt it vs me :confused3, he was the whiny who wanted to leave lol. Now, he's saying he wants to see it at night, not necessarily ride it again.:bitelip:

Let me know how the crowds are next week. I'm still trying to figure out how to roll with GD 4th of July week...hate to spend a day there in that extreme humidity.

Yes the perks was very nice. No issues with motion sickness for you guys? So odd DH felt it vs me :confused3, he was the whiny who wanted to leave lol. Now, he's saying he wants to see it at night, not necessarily ride it again.:bitelip:

Let me know how the crowds are next week. I'm still trying to figure out how to roll with GD 4th of July week...hate to spend a day there in that extreme humidity.
It was absolutely miserable yesterday, weather-wise. We rode Everest first and the walk back there at 2:15 or so was just a huge mistake. Ride wasn't worth it. ;) No motion sickness issues for us but I never have a problem with it. Royce can only do Mission Space once at a time and iffy on super-spinny Teacups but normally doesn't have issues either so we may not be the best test.

Update, part 2:

As stated, we stayed offsite the first 2 nights, which was uneventful. Went to HRH and was able to easily get our tickets and then convert them to Seasonal Passes...ended up saving about $140 versus buying the Seasonal Passes directly.

After much debate, the sick one did not want to go home or just stay offsite a few days, so we decided to stay on plan. I got up and headed over to HRH at 6am on Tuesday and got checked in...luckily they had a room available (originally said they did not, but after I explained the sick one really needed one as soon as possible, they made some calls and got one ready in a hurry...very accommodating). Got everyone moved over and the Birthday boy (15) and I hit IOA for early entry. The wife joined us later and we found out the sick one had gotten adventurous and gone over to US for a little walk. He did not stay long, but he decided this trip was going to be more about exploring and taking in tidbits he could glean from US (he wants to study video and film production). We celebrated the birthday as best we could, doing whatever the Birthday boy wanted to do...but, he was still recovering from strep and it was a slow moving day for all...but fun.

The next few days, we all did our own thing at times and joined in for family time as often as possible...the sick one continued to get more adventurous and was riding RRR and Hulk by Friday and feeling much better, including getting an appetite.

There were two new rides, for us, Kong and Jimmy Fallon, and a return of an old favorite...Hulk (which was being refurbished when we were last there). Everyone enjoyed Jimmy Fallon. We all agreed that Hulk actually beat us up more than before (reports of it being smoother did not seem to be true...to us). The boys and I really liked Kong, but the wife did not care for it...not sure why. Forbidden Journey had its refurb since we were last there, and it did not appear to be any different, but I did not get the least bit nauseated on it, so good job.

The youngest and I did our best to look either bored or asleep on our ride photos...we always try to think up good poses. We had shown the oldest and he got a kick out of it, but the single time he rode RRR, we rode with him...never thought to pose, but their he was, posed to look bored, so he got in on the fun. He really did have a great attitude the whole time.

We all have our favorites and nobody complained they did not get to do something, so I guess we were all satisfied with the trip.

HRH has a new texting system and you can do most things you would normally stop by or call a desk for...extra blanket, extra towels, requesting late checkout, letting them know there were no pucks in the air hockey table, adding money to room key...etc. This was very nice. I really enjoyed how close a walk the parks and City Walk are from HRH...never took a water taxi...even the wife, who hardly ever walked from RPR or PB, never took the water taxi. My only complaint about HRH would be...coming from self parking, you either had to walk around and through the lobby (not convenient), or you had to climb many stairs from the side and still go through the lobby. This is not so bad when you aren't lugging luggage, but we were. They really should install an elevator by the side stairs.

The drive down was smooth and easy...arrived almost exactly as we expected. The drive home was actually smoother than usually and we got home about 40 minutes ahead of estimates.

All in all, a great time.

Quick visit to Sans.

Calling all lizards. It's supposed to be 98 today in Orlando. A real scorcher.

Played haunted golf last night and was drenched with sweat. It was hot yesterday and last night.

It's our last day in the park's and might be a short one do to severe temps.

Mac hope you are resting and healing.

Happy belated birthday to Keisha's baby's.
IMG_8127.GIF

Lunch time
Wow I finally slept in

Now to get up and make coffee

Nice to read all the homies had a great weekend

Wag, thanks for giving us a great detailed report
It all turned out fine for your entire family

Kong is one of my favorites too

3 day weekends are the best

Now how did Robo sneak in here?

Did not see her until after I posted

Robo, still another day for you at the darkside
Lucky Ducky !

First time ever the 8 seed team made the finals

Have those tvs on now, wag and Keisha
Got the DVR going. I'll watch in a few although I have no understanding of hockey. I do like playoffs and finals of most sports though. Sorry Keisha, but go Preds. Only team I've ever watched in person.

NBA finals start Thursday night. Go Cavs!

Last edited:
My favorite team was alway blues then Blackhawks

When chgo gone blown away by the preds, I knew they would make the playoffs and been rooting for them since

Sorry Keisha
Are you still my friend ?

:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter