Something About Nothing ... #12

Buckeev, excuse accepted

With all that is going on with you , surprised you have not pulled out your hair

Congrats to your offspring!

Would love to meet up with you again
It was such a quick meet last year but loads of fun

TinyD, good excuse also
If you keep that schedule up, you will get more tiny

Is your birthday trip off or on?
Hope you do get make it to orlando

Buckeev, excuse accepted

With all that is going on with you , surprised you have not pulled out your hair

Congrats to your offspring!

Would love to meet up with you again
It was such a quick meet last year but loads of fun

TinyD, good excuse also
If you keep that schedule up, you will get more tiny

Is your birthday trip off or on?
Hope you do get make it to orlando
It's on that's why I need to know about bridging tickets.
We're only going to be there for two days, but if I can get the 2 day PTP plus the 2 extra days free and then bridge it to an annual pass for my sister we'll do that.
Undercover tourist has a 2 day PTP plus 2 extra days for $226. a 4 day ticket at the gate for universal is $259 and a PP is $259.. so it should transfer no cost to us, right?

:bday::bday::bday:
Ky07
:cake: I made you a cake StL
Happy very belated birthday!! This means you get to celebrate again, right?
Hot here

Makes you wonder how peeps survived the South before ac
Sometimes I wonder how I live in the south with AC. The front unit at the dance studio has not been able to keep up yet. We're going on 4th week of dance. Thankfully the back unit seems to be doing okay and that's the one I teach in. We've been combining a lot of classes. Fall cannot come quick enough.
We've been having 110 or more heat index days pretty frequently....

I'm no longer going to whine about the weather
Me stomping my feet hasn't made it rain yet
Lol
40 days for me and the diet has not worked yet.....maybe I'll work on that next year
I can remember when schumi was not interested in WD show
Now she is hooked and also hooked for game of thrones
Good girl!
Hope all the homies are doing well
Only a few more days and the weekend and wine start
I'm a quarter native American. Would you like me to come up and do a rain dance? It's been working down here.

Leaving tomorrow and still nothing packed. At least most of it is folded and on the dining room table waiting to be packed :rolleyes1. Happy to read that Toothsome may be open while we are there next week. My hips on the other hand are not:). Lots to do today so maybe a late night for me. Oh well, I can sleep while my DH drives the 12 hours. Well, 8 hrs. We will overnight somewhere on the road. I do like road trips so looking forward to the drive.
Another HOT one in store today. Of course the heat wave will break as soon as we leave. Oh well. At least I am ready for the FL weather.
Hope you all have a great day.
I hope you've packed by now since you should be down there! haha. Like mac I'm a super last minute packer.
I'm usually up around 12 just getting out my suitcase with some laundry done..... most in piles to be washed. Usually leave the house around 9AM... go to bed around 3 am...

We tried something new on the grill last night. This is 1 /2 pound of burger formed into a bowl using a beer can. Use fillings of your choice. We used pepperoni slices, homemade chili, chopped onions and pepper jack cheese. Then cheddar cheese on top. Wrapped with 2 slices of bacon. Cooked indirect over charcoal and a chunk of oak. The tomato corn salad was made with corn on the cob seared on the grill. Delicious!
View attachment 188454
I saw something like this on the food channel the other day. At first I thought it was a potato! Looks intoxicating! I do love cheese....

@mac, I'm a week late but Happy Birthday!!! Sorry I missed it.

Seven more pages to go to catch up.

Yes, I am 39 again. :D

And, since I am not a big fan of cake, I ask for cheesecake and fruit for my birthday. Rained out, so steak in the broiler instead. Made ice tea, as it still feels muggy, even in the steady rain.
Happy belated birthday!!!
Hard Rock gives me fruit for my birthday (extra pineapple) because I can't have ice cream. Love it!
He was like (really, fruit?) Yes.... it's just as sweet and doesn't make me feel awful.
I do love cheesecake though!
I know tink will feel my pain

My birthday is September 21 and I will be in epcot. This stand will be open or so help disney I will break in!
Only kidding. But seriously! Guess I'll have to go the other way first and get the grey goose one. It's food and wine festival so I guess I'll have options.
I wish every day was hump day :)

Hygentist cracked one of my incisors during cleaning. Hairline right now. Dentist said it would eventually needed capped. Smrt friend suggested I ask for 'halfsies' in the cost.

He took care of a small dental issue when DH was locked out of work and he knew we had no insurance.

Prob should just suck it up IDK
Woah. I would ask for halfsies too if not more.. That's not cool. I understand things sometimes just happen, and maybe it was imminent? But...
Oh that sucks!
I'm dreading my dentist retiring which I think he might be soon.......he's almost 55 so it's imminent I think as him and DH were talking about retiring early at that age last time we were in........we've been going to him for over 20 years, so kinda used to him now..........
I've never thought about this. My dentist is well past 55. Eventually he'll retire or.. well.
He's been cleaning my teeth my entire life minus the years we lived too far away to see him.
Yikes. My orthodontist is going into retirement, but I haven't worn my retainer in about... a decade..... :rolleyes1
All this crab talk is making me hungry for seafood...I'm trying to stay on my pre-trip diet here homies...now to go figure out how to make chicken taste like crab:scratchin
Glad I'm not the only one that does this. I need to get my butt on the treadmill. I like to do a month of treadmill training before I head to the parks. I work in an office and only get out when I grocery shop or teach dance. Not used to being on my feel more than about 5 hours at a time. When I get to the gym I tend to eat better as I don't like eating heavy and then going to the gym.
Week prior to trips I like to eat clean as I know my system doesn't handle it well.

I've already decided what I want from Cowfish. Maybe. Not sure if I'll get a burger with my sushi, lol.

We're having problems with our sink. Whenever we use the dishwasher, it backs up into the sink.
In college I was washing clothes for my Disney trip the next day as I had finals in the AM and then mom was picking me up and we were going to disney.
When the washer started to drain I hear my roommate say, uh.... Terri? I walked into the kitchen and it was backing up into the sink onto the floor.
Called the landlord as I'm walking around to stop the washer outside. Walk back in and the kitchen is flooded and my roommate grabs a wash cloth and just drops it on the entirely flooded kitchen.
I laughed my headoff and my landlord thought I was nuts.
Coming from the county I though our septic tank needed pumped, but we were connected to the city. Turns out roots had worked their way into our drainage lines and they had to dig them out.
I went to disney with a suitcase of dirty laundry and a bag of wet not quite washed clothes.
When I got back from disney my entire carport had been flooded and there was an inch of clay all over everything from them digging it out....
So glad we were in a condo and I was able to do laundry as soon as we got there!

Have you gotten it sorted out by now? Maybe I'll see that in a later post as I catch up.
Oh and I had a burger and fried pickles there. I was so mad I wasnt more hungry than I was because it was SO good!
Isn't the best sushi around at RPR? I'm not sure as I'm not a sushi eater but I feel I've heard that... Maybe burger at Cowfish and side snack sushi somewhere else.
Hopefully it fizzles out. Haven't looked at the weather today. Shocking, as I think my calling was to be a meteorologist. Love the pics!
I have all the hurricane and NOAA things first on my news feed, NOAA app with tons of alerts, and weather channel app. I check it obsessively. When the system gets to florida I'll start checking the reports on the hour as they come out.
Always loved weather. Would have done it but couldn't handle all the science. My calling is watching the weather not predicting it.
Hoping it goes anywhere except LA. Those people have had enough.
As much as we can't afford a hit either.... I hear TX needs rain right? Someone let invest 99L know.
Looks like it's going to fall apart and hoping it stays disorganized as it goes over the very, very, very warm gulf.

Occasionally. There is a lady in our neighborhood that has a couple of coconut palms that get pretty full of coconuts. Guess it's ok not to have many. They become torpedos in Tropical storms and hurricanes.
Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?
Not at all. They could be carried

Buckeev I have been looking for threads that talked about bumping up to the AP with ticket passes

Just not sure of the answer for you

Did read a few posts that said the free tickets could not be included in upgrading
I'll call UO when they open tomorrow and ask them
I know company tickets are not valid to upgrade but not positive with the buy 2 day tix and get 2 more days free

WOW.

Sorry for the wall of words guys.

Football season for local high school started on the 12th with a scrimmage. I have season tickets. Every home game I'm there.
I teach dance every Thursday and also have my allergist appointment. So, when coupled with the home game I have 2 full days off work- no phones, only e-mails.
That's been happening for 3 weeks in a row now.

Weekends have been spend working and soon to be football and working. Before FB season weekends were spent at the parents house working at the beach doing the foot work going to the houses etc.

during the weeks I've been working on ... work to keep it short. Soon I'll have to start the new websites which means hours upon hours spent at my desk. I think I need another new chair. I've already worn this one out.

September trip to Universal AND disney IS on. I will arrive at RPR on September 17th no later than 2PM I75 willing. We will leave Universal mid-afternoon and head to Disney until that friday.
Fast passes all picked out. hundreds upon hundreds of menus have been read in relation to my sisters allergies. There was talk earlier about if it was a "true" allergy or not. It is in fact a very real and very dangerous allergy. She's not been feeling well for months. We eat a lot of bread and wheat. Shes also allergic to egg which happens to be in most all things she eats as well (bread.) Shellfish, fish, and apples are also mixed in there. Though, apples are just a sensitivity. Shellfish and fish are right up there with wheat and egg is in the middle. Nothing has been tested except the wheat and we're too scared at this point to try them.
We had an outting at in which she consumed several rolls, burger bun, and various other wheat products. About 2 hours later she had a delayed allergic reaction with tight chest and throat worse than the first one I mentioned. Wheat allergies CAN cause anaphylaxis. Wheat allergy is different than a gluten intolerance (Celiac disease.) I only say that as most all people we meet say "so you're going gluten free?" No, not exactly. Thankfully, however, we are in an age where Celiac disease is well known. All wheat is gluten, not all gluten is wheat. If something is gluten free it's also wheat free. Makes purchasing items fairly easy and there are plenty of options open to her because of this awareness.
Next week is 1 months since removing ALL allergies from her diet. She feels 10 fold better. She will be testing her egg allergy next week. She went wheat free two weeks before going egg free and did not notice a difference. We do not think it's a strong allergy if any true allergy really exists.

If anyone in here develops a food allergy let me know and I will gladly send you links to allergy menus for all the top 8. I've spend countless hours of research on this as I refuse to let food be a sore spot in our vacation as we both love FOOD! Thankfully we have found plenty of things so she will nto do without. Also, I made eggless wheatless bread that did not taste like cardboard. I'm rather proud of myself. I now feel for everyone out there that has any form of food allergy. I have a yucky GI system but I CAN eat what I want without being afraid I'm going to die. Such a scary thing.....

October trip is on if at all humanly possible!!! My friend, Lindsey, got tickets from her cousin who works at UO as a costume makeup something something... So all she will have to cover is the hotel. Told her about the chocolate factory and she said "OH I'M GOING even if I have to eat raman between now and then." (gross I said. Let me know if you need me to order you pizza.)

November trip is DEFINITELY on. That was never a question. Currently booked at $251 standard at RPR. Waiting on AP rates to go lower. I hope they will or else I'm going to be pretty broke and having to eat cheap which I would hate because it's Jami's birthday.

December I will officially be going to Dance the Magic to sponsor and chaperone our girls who will be dancing down mainstreet and in the showcase. We have 11 girls who tried out and made it and I am beyond thrilled! We potentially have a 12th joining us late. We'll be there December 1-4. The girs will be dancing down mainstreet December 4 for anyone who will be in the neighborhood. Not sure when the showcase is yet. Last year it was on the Saturday at Beauty and the Beast stage!! (a dream of mine!)

Anyways. That's where I've been! That's what I've been doing.
Monday I go to the beach to vote in a special election that I forgot to get an absentee ballot for. Tuesday I come back. Thursday after dance I either go back or wait until Friday I go back tropics willing. When I get past this hectic week which will fly I'll be less than 2 weeks from Orlando!!! 21 days and counting. (I do love 21 as it's my birthdate.)

Buckeev I have been looking for threads that talked about bumping up to the AP with ticket passes

Just not sure of the answer for you

Did read a few posts that said the free tickets could not be included in upgrading
I'll call UO when they open tomorrow and ask them
I know company tickets are not valid to upgrade but not positive with the buy 2 day tix and get 2 more days free
I think you mean me. If you're going to have to call no worries! I'll call them.
I just didn't know if anyone had the answer. It's a "promo" they're running. None of the other tickets say that.
I have read where people have used the 2 day PTP plus extra day as a 3 day and got it bridged this spring.

Looks like a beautiful Saturday here............not actually up yet, but sun is streaming in and sea looks beautiful.......always a good sign!

Awake far too early though.........

mac have definitely sent some of our rain your way..........we've had enough this past month or so.........:umbrella:

Janet........plan to watch LoTR tonight.........will let you know what I think of it.........friend of mine mentioned 2 characters they liked.........googled them........Dont get them really............Don't like Orlando Bloom or that viggo guy.........I'll stick with Jamie from GoT thank you..........::yes:: ::yes:: :cloud9:

Busy day as we have a load of trees arriving to be planted today...........Prepared the ground yesterday so everything so ready for them just to be popped in when they arrive this morning..........guy who helps us with the gardening isn't well so had to do it ourselves.........well, I supervised.........:thumbsup2

Have a nice Saturday............

Sink update, apparently 3 years ago the sink needed repairing and whoever did it then didn't fix it all the way? The plumber the condos used thinks the pipe they fixed isn't connected all the way to the air stack or something like that. He's gonna have to cut into the wall to fix it but gave us a good price, $500 for cutting and fixing. We had a rooter company come and they were gonna charge $180 just to cut the wall to estimate the fix.

Morning all!

TinyD, I would have been back earlier this morning but went to bed at 2:20 and missed your reply

In a few words, allergies suck
Feel awful for your sister
Hugs

Lots of days in Orlando for you and hope it is a blast especially for your birthday!

Got up around 8 and still on the coffee
Have to do some packing today so I get most of it done
For once in my life I can't pack everything the last hour before I leave

And I need to buy an atlas which will get me to where I am going. Hahaha

Going to catch up on the dis for awhile

Schumi I bet you are the best supervisor!

Are all the trees done now?

Robbie. That sounds like a big job that has to be done
Hope it goes fast and smooth

Sink update, apparently 3 years ago the sink needed repairing and whoever did it then didn't fix it all the way? The plumber the condos used thinks the pipe they fixed isn't connected all the way to the air stack or something like that. He's gonna have to cut into the wall to fix it but gave us a good price, $500 for cutting and fixing. We had a rooter company come and they were gonna charge $180 just to cut the wall to estimate the fix.

Hope it gets sorted Robbie........plumbing work is never cheap!

Schumi I bet you are the best supervisor!

Are all the trees done now?

Almost! In for a break........supervising is thirsty work.........lol..........most of the new fruit trees are in, actually all of them are in, and now, we just have some of those big conifers that grow to be monsters to plant on the other side of our property and we're done......

Guys have done well. I have kept them topped up on drinks and did let them stop for lunch.......:D

View attachment 190184

Mac looks like storm is going to pass south over the Keys with some wind and rain. We will get some rain from it is all that is predicted. Yeah no major storm party:

Glad storm isn't going to get you this time..........always a worry when they start...........

After a day of "gardening" I'm making chicken and shrimp Thai curry again tonight for us........looking forward to that and Lord of the Rings...........will give it a bash.........

Have a great Saturday............

Busy day as we have a load of trees arriving to be planted today...........Prepared the ground yesterday so everything so ready for them just to be popped in when they arrive this morning..........guy who helps us with the gardening isn't well so had to do it ourselves.........well, I supervised.........:thumbsup2

What type of trees are you planting? Nice to be able to supervise your famiy crew. If mom's not happy nobody's happy.

Have a little yard work to do. Been doing about hour and a half each day. Humidity has been 92% so slow going. Had to get the yard guys back on track. They were getting a little slack on their job while we were away.

Will see if I have enough energy to swim later.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Thanx robo on the weather 411

Young uns here might not know what 411 means........lol

I will be thrilled with decent driving weather

Have to get organized today and might start putting things in the trunk
It would be awful if I forgot to bring something that is required

But packing is just not in me today once I think about it

I am wondering if schumi hires out her crew ?
I still have a lot of work to be done in my yard with my trees and bushes

Robo........4 apple trees, 4 plum trees, 4 leylandii and a few other ones that I have no clue what they are.......our gardener picked them for us weeks back before he took ill........we weren't blessed with green fingers at all! We already have a load of fruit trees but lost one last year due to fruit flies........lucky it was only the one........

We have a pond that I would really love all drained and filled in.......but apparently it's a massive job so maybe not!

Enjoy your yard work and swim...........

Mac,........after today I can consider renting them out........they did brilliantly on their own!! Glad weather is going to be good for your drive :)

Weather been so nice today.........but to change tonight........rain due.

Posted before I meant to........

Yes mac.......they'd be happy working for pizza.........

We have rain. More rain and a weather warning for tonight into tomorrow..........:umbrella:

Won't need to worry about watering new trees at least.

Just finished Thai curry........made it slightly spicier than last week........lush!!!! There watching football on tv, so once that over sticking on Lord of the rings.........I'm convinced I won't like it. But I thought that about GoT.........ended up loving that!

Love a Saturday night in watching tv when it's miserable outside...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter