Need Advice on Possible Extension of Boulder Ridge Booking

Rantsoel

Earning My Ears
I’m in a bit of a situation with our upcoming reservation at Boulder Ridge Villas (we’re 75 days out). Person responsible for booking accidentally booked our stay one day shorter than needed, and our flights are already in place.

Here’s what’s happening:

• We have three 2-bedroom villas booked for a large group of 17, including extended family and kids.

• Our point usage is as follows: 350 points from 2023, another 350 for 2024, and we’ve borrowed 248 points from 2025, leaving us with 102 points still available from 2025 (I think?).

I’d like to know if it’s possible to use our remaining 102 points to extend our current booking of the three 2-bedroom villas by one more day.

If not, would converting one of the 2-bedroom villas to a 1-bedroom (through cancellation) make enough points available to extend the other two villas?

Is this feasible given the availability (I checked the calendars) and point requirements? I want to make sure we’ve considered all options before they call DVC next week.

We’d like to keep our arrangements within the MK resort area and prefer not to change our flights, but we’re open to any necessary adjustments.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I’m in a bit of a situation with our upcoming reservation at Boulder Ridge Villas (we’re 75 days out). Person responsible for booking accidentally booked our stay one day shorter than needed, and our flights are already in place.

Here’s what’s happening:

• We have three 2-bedroom villas booked for a large group of 17, including extended family and kids.

• Our point usage is as follows: 350 points from 2023, another 350 for 2024, and we’ve borrowed 248 points from 2025, leaving us with 102 points still available from 2025 (I think?).

I’d like to know if it’s possible to use our remaining 102 points to extend our current booking of the three 2-bedroom villas by one more day.

If not, would converting one of the 2-bedroom villas to a 1-bedroom make enough points available to extend the other two villas?

Is this feasible given the availability (I checked the calendars) and point requirements? I want to make sure we’ve considered all options before they call DVC next week.

We’d like to keep our arrangements within the MK resort area and prefer not to change our flights, but we’re open to any necessary adjustments.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Honestly, you have so many specifics that I’d call member services so they can look ant the inventory and give you your options.

If you were able to borrow 2025 points to make the initial reservation, then those would still be eligible for borrowing if you are adding one more day.

The piece is availability. If what you want is still there, go into the site, modify the reservation, and add the extra day using the points you have available.

If you are short, you could by OTU to finish up, or, as you say, change a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom and then book that. I agree a call to MS is your best bet as they can help you make sure you end up with everything that you want!

I would highly suggest that you book the following immediately, a 2 bedroom and 2 studios. If I figured out the day you need correctly that would be 84 points and cover the occupancy you need. I used the developer tools to see the rooms left and I stress book now. Another option is a 2 bedroom, and 2 1 bedrooms equals 126 points.

Thank you all for your input. We called earlier today and they were able to extend 1 of the 2BR villas. For the last night, 1 2BR will switch to a different one, and we’ll “squeeze” 4 people into a 1 BR villa.

Not ideal, I would’ve done it differently but I’m not the owner so it wasn’t up to me. Just happy I get to help.

Again, thanks for your help, you all are amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter