Something About Nothing ... #12

My college roommate from Ohio always complained about how slow we all do things down here. She told me I was from the north because I was so quick. I probably heard her say, under her breath, well no on is in a hurry down here are they? We aren't for the most part. We even talk slow. At the beach it takes WEEKS to get quotes to get things done. Thankfully we have a really great group of workers right now that can get pretty much anything done that doesn't require warrenty work or ordering from some 3rd party.

Hope it gets done soon! The hottest months are yet to come.... :) :sunny::furious:

Pressure washing is VERY expensive! To do the neighborhood they charge the HOA 3K. AND THEY DON'T EVEN DO THE DRIVE WAYS! We have a more BA power washer than they do! I think they're highly overpaid. If they do a good job I'm all for paying a pretty penny. We have our "backbone" do it at the beach. He's a mule and good at brunt drops like that... and blwoing off sand, and cleaning out closets, and picking up picnic tables by himself....

Sounds about right on the gas. Costs about 20$ to change out a tank down here. Most gas stations have a tank exchange system. Around here at least.... I assume it's the same up there. The tank it expensive on the first purchase, but then you just exchange it. The rate will change like the of gas in a bill. I'm with @Monykalyn on you fitting in down here with how long it took you to get the grill :duck:o_O

yea yea yea......
i took my sweet time in buying the grill........
you got me there....::yes::

i'm becoming a southerner i guess....

i can't believe the prices for the gril tanks and the propane costs.

2 years ago back North, i bought a second tank for $25 at Ace hardware.
so i had two tanks all the time wouldn't run out of power when cooking.
could switch the tanks out in a pinch then.

used Ace for a switch out.
take in my empty tank and pick up a full tank for $11

the last time i got a refill tank was last october and at that above price.

hard to understand the high cost here in Ga for the grill tanks......

things in the South are a heck of a lot cheaper than up north except for this.
gas stations had their prices at $1.92 today and it is supposed to drop again.
$1.88 at a few places i saw 9 miles away.

yea yea yea......
i took my sweet time in buying the grill........
you got me there....::yes::

i'm becoming a southerner i guess....

i can't believe the prices for the gril tanks and the propane costs.

2 years ago back North, i bought a second tank for $25 at Ace hardware.
so i had two tanks all the time wouldn't run out of power when cooking.
could switch the tanks out in a pinch then.

used Ace for a switch out.
take in my empty tank and pick up a full tank for $11

the last time i got a refill tank was last october and at that above price.

hard to understand the high cost here in Ga for the grill tanks......

things in the South are a heck of a lot cheaper than up north except for this.
gas stations had their prices at $1.92 today and it is supposed to drop again.
$1.88 at a few places i saw 9 miles away.
Hmm... I've always had a charcoal grill so I can't comment. But considering you refilled for $11 and paid $25 I'd say you're on par if we pay $20 to refill. (Slightly more than double) Only reason I know that is because of the beach houses. One of them has a gas grill. I hate that thing... We get more calls about that thing than any of our other grills combined!!! Mostly people wanting us to refill it....

Hmm... I've always had a charcoal grill so I can't comment. But considering you refilled for $11 and paid $25 I'd say you're on par if we pay $20 to refill. (Slightly more than double) Only reason I know that is because of the beach houses. One of them has a gas grill. I hate that thing... We get more calls about that thing than any of our other grills combined!!! Mostly people wanting us to refill it....
Which area do you manage? Sounds like an interesting job - lot of variety!

Which area do you manage? Sounds like an interesting job - lot of variety!
We're an hour east of Panama City so the north panhandle. It's a tiny little town. Small family business-- just mom, dad, and I run it with lots of cleaners, handy men, and other hired guys who help us out as needed. We manage 18 single family homes. It's interesting enough. If nothing else the people are constantly changing so there is a constantly change of personalities and strange happenings with that. Mom and dad have been a pretty good group of repeat guests over the years though so the "crazy" is kept to a minimum.
Right now I probably overly share/complain about it because of my patents building a house. I've been alone "in office" for the last 6 months or so. Usually mom and I split all the work, but she's been pretty overwhelmed and not able to help me so I offered to take all the contracts, payment, and customer service stuff until the build was done... Was supposed to be done in April/may.... Still waiting.

Hey Mac it's Sunday!!! I'm dealing with a frozen Ac right now so no memes. Forgot last night. I'm a slacker. Maybe someone will pick up the slack for me

homie, have a favor to ask you.
another thread had a question about toothsome chocolate factory.

when you are in city walk, look and see for any signs of its opening.
if you hear of when it will be open, can you give me a heads up?

or post it on that thread: toothsome chocolate factory.

i'm sure you and your family had a great time with pcstang and his group.

i can't remember which one of youse is the taller......i thought it was you, am i right or wrong..

i'm looking forward to Kong.

I will check and keep an eye out.

I'm defiantly taller, lol.

Going to hit some water rides this morning and then spend the day at the pool, have to get my relaxation on and nachos.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Hope all are enjoying a lazy Sunday morning.

Yeah Mac, just saying I have an adult son is freeking me out sometimes. When he leaves for good, it will be a happy and sad time. Have to get him to start and finish college before that though. College graduate class of 2020, here we come. In between there, little one will finish high school. Round 2 in 2019.

Awesome vacation to the Bluer and Pcstang families and are having fun in the darkside.

Yay! The tea has brewed long enough, time to fill my glass with ice. Sitting outside on my back porch, and taking in the cool, so sunny start to this early morning. Chickens laid their eggs around 7:30. Yeah, I couldn't sleep after 4:35am today. So, at least the towels are now hung on the line. Later, seems maybe a teen has stirred.

Have to post a wonderful surprise when we returned to our room after early dinner at Sal's. We took the bus over since it was raining. They knew it was DS birthday a few weeks ago. We are normally here on his birthday but there was no summer concert series this year so he did not want to come. 8-) So we decided to celebrate a little later. So this is what the wonderful staff and management did. As I say here this is just one of the reasons I consider RPR our second home. Should have seen his face!

38A42AB3-9B3A-4F2C-8F1D-3F645060BCA1.jpg

Have to post a wonderful surprise when we returned to our room after early dinner at Sal's. We took the bus over since it was raining. They knew it was DS birthday a few weeks ago. We are normally here on his birthday but there was no summer concert series this year so he did not want to come. 8-) So we decided to celebrate a little later. So this is what the wonderful staff and management did. As I say here this is just one of the reasons I consider RPR our second home. Should have seen his face!

38A42AB3-9B3A-4F2C-8F1D-3F645060BCA1.jpg
Wow amazing super suprise for the bluer crew!

That is so cool for little Bluer. Nice surprises are the best.

Yes, we have scones Realfood. They may not be as popular as other breakfast items, but I do see them in our grocery store bakery areas and in quite a few quick service and other restaurants. Still a staple in our tea houses too.

Shopping run done, trash out the door. Time for more laundry before a swim. Chow time for lunch. Grill is going to be fired up soon. No cooking for moms today. One of my brothers is a great with cooking on the grill, so it is his turn today. Get to see my great nephew again. He is a cute 2 month old now, and still has no hair to speak of. Poor guy. And new great niece looks so much like her older sister. Hehe, older sister wants nothing to do with her younger sibling. That will change when younger gets into older's things. :D

Happy Sunday - anybody like a scone (cherry) do you have scones I can't recall seeing themselves in the US perhaps an English thing?
View attachment 178929
A lot of coffee shops carry them as well as our local donut place. Mmm Nanee's scones and donuts are the best! (Nah-knee) she's my best friend while growing up's grandmother. Mom loves them and likes to make them for people. I think makes lemon poppy seed? Sounded odd to me.

Awesome surprise bluer! I saw a rate of $199 prior to my birthday Disney trip and booked a room at RPR. Now I have to convince my sister. She might get a little jealous because universal is so awesome with birthdays and Disney didn't do squat for her haha

We've got you beat TinyD...our heat index is 111 here in Franklin:faint:

Lowe's has propane refills on sale for $14.99 this week mac.

Mmm...scones.

Time for me to go back to work...hope everyone has a great holiday :flower1:

Last edited:
Tink I bought my grill at lowe yesterday on sale
They gave me the price for the tanks At $48 and refills were on sale

But I need a tank before I can do a refill

We've got you beat TinyD...our heat index is 111 here in Franklin:faint:

Lowe's has propane refills on sale for $14.99 this week mac.

Mmm...scones.

Time for me to go back to work...hope everyone has a great holiday :flower1:
Tink prices changes again for the sw flights

It must have been one hell of a party
As can't open the link

When did fb start censoring fun parties ........ Lol
Drat...it's on a private page. The video was their '50 Ford pulling out and instead of cans they were dragging 3 beer kegs. Fun stuff. I'll come up with some postable stuff soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter