Something About Nothing ... #12

The scareactors in Kong
Hahaha
When you qouted me with this reply I was still on the fireworks topic

Bluers and crew should be at the park now

Pcstang crew too

Enjoy and send us pics of crowds so many always ask if the holiday weekends are crowded
You know the drill

Saturday?
Correct ?

Early afternoon here. We've been to arrange hire of a people carrier for when we go to Devon with DD and the littlies - we have cars but it was so good last time to all be together so we've decided to do the same again.

Then we went to a village nearby where there is an excellent butcher and stocked up on meat for the week. They are really good - with a blackboard to tell you which farms nearby the meats are from. So a couple of nice sirloin steaks for tonight.

Later we are going up to DD's as their new bed has arrived but her husband is definitely not hands on so hubs will have to put it together - she will help she's really good at furniture assembly!

Weather is poor again so hubs is watching Formula One - Austrian GP qualifying rounds today - we had planned to be in the garden

Hahaha
When you qouted me with this reply I was still on the fireworks topic

Bluers and crew should be at the park now

Pcstang crew too

Enjoy and send us pics of crowds so many always ask if the holiday weekends are crowded
You know the drill

Saturday?
Correct ?
Yes definitely Saturday :dogdance:

I an so bad typing on a phone
When I enlarge the page , I then have to keep moving the screen side to side then I have to Reread what I wrote

Rats.....

Just a couple pics for you guys from Trader Sam's - got the Nautilus drink for my Navy submariner son - pretty cool although REALLY pricy ($55 if you keep the sub) and the drink was just meh - tasted like way too much sour mix. I got the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Rum (yes, you have to say the whole thing to order it!) which was $11 and really good! We did enjoy the experience a lot but we got there at about 4:01 Thursday (they open at 4) and got one of the last tables available at that point so I think it's pretty much always crowded. Really fun atmosphere though although I'm sure it would be better after 8pm after they kick out the whiny kids (that were at the table next to ours and kept racing around the restaurant) but think you might wait awhile to be seated then.

IMG_9407.JPG IMG_9405.JPG

It was a gift for his birthday in a couple weeks. He flies back to Charleston tomorrow and I'm not sure if/when he will be home again. :( His AP also expires the end of July and I guess I'm not renewing it. But this was probably his last real trip home (he was here about 10 days) as the next school he goes to is mostly shift work so not enough time off to come this far (and the GF is the priority when he does get time off) and then from there he'll head to a submarine.

It was a gift for his birthday in a couple weeks. He flies back to Charleston tomorrow and I'm not sure if/when he will be home again. :( His AP also expires the end of July and I guess I'm not renewing it. But this was probably his last real trip home (he was here about 10 days) as the next school he goes to is mostly shift work so not enough time off to come this far (and the GF is the priority when he does get time off) and then from there he'll head to a submarine.
My friend (who was my penfriend from being 9 years old) in the US has one of her daughters who is married to a submariner - I think they are based in Charleston too. His name is Dan DeToma. I bet you are so proud of your boy!

Ahh,a nice dinner out with the family to celebrate DS's high school graduation last month. Really full now, and ready to chill.

Sunday will be time to enjoy the pool again. Water was 82 degrees, and my Dsis is going to put the solar cover on early tomorrow, so hoping it may be a tad warmer in the afternoon. Was such a nice, not too warm day.

All clothes laundry done, linens tomorrow. I do several loads on weekends.

Watched the France vs Germany soccer game. Night games from France are afternoon games for us.

With a very pink sky saying goodnight, hope all are relaxing this Saturday night.

lynne, it is always a very happy time while still a sad time when the kids graduate from school.
proud of them but start to miss them as they head off to college.

for all 4 of my boys, when they went off to college and then home on break time, they weren't my "little" boys anymore...
so, that was the sad time for me....

since i whined about the repair man not showing up for two days, thought i would give the end to the saga i went through...

dude determined the motor was burned out on the ceiling fan and would cost more to rebuild the motor than to buy another one with the lights.
this ceiling fan is in our great room/living room and it is two stories high.

did shop and bought another fan with lights and left him a message today to set up another appointment for him to return and install it.
ok, called him in the afternoon, no reply back yet.
his voice message is, "sorry i missed your call but i will return it asap "
in real talk that means sometime in the week.......lol

had the man who does power washing of houses come out for an estimate.
to power wash the house and the deck and screened in porch, over $400......

had no idea it was that high.

but, in the South, you get a green growth on the north side of the houses and many peeps if they don't have the equipment, hire it out to be done.
got an estimate on that the other day also, now waiting to find out when it will be done.....

i swear, no one rushes down in my area...

i finally bought a grill today.
i have been saying since we moved in, i have to buy a grill as i cook on them year round.
we had to leave our Weber grill when we moved.
we were about at the limit of weight without having an over charge for the move.
and, that weber we had was a deluxe with the side burners, on each side so left it for the ones that bought the house.

this is the longest spell i have ever gone with out a grill!
decided not to get a regulator and hook it up to the grill for the propane tank that is under ground.
googling tonight to find where i can buy the tank and where i can do an exchange.
looked at lowes store and they want $50 for the empty tank and then i have to buy the propane on top of that....

Just checking in.

Spent the day with pcstang and family. Had a great time in the parks and hanging at RPR. Going to spend the day tomarrow too. We all rode Kong tonight too. Very good ride but need to ride it some more to take it in.

Kong sounds fun! SOmething everyone but the boy in my family would enjoy LOL.
Mac-sounds like you are fitting in well in the south as it has taken you awhile to get a grill:rolleyes1

Went to see Now You See Me 2 last night as all of us enjoyed the first one so much-it was OK. It narrowly won over Dory...yep my kids are still Disney kids at heart. They will probably go see Dory when DH and I are in Portland next week. Been searching for things to see/do there-definitely want to do a walking tour/brewery tour but rest is still TBD. Have the nature part covered when we move to Skamania lodge (zipline tour!). Checked weather and boy is it a change! High 70 degrees the day we get in! From upper 80's-90's and high humidity to 70's! Of course chance of rain.

Time for bed-hopefully last weekend to work for a while:)

Just checking in.

Spent the day with pcstang and family. Had a great time in the parks and hanging at RPR. Going to spend the day tomarrow too. We all rode Kong tonight too. Very good ride but need to ride it some more to take it in.

homie, have a favor to ask you.
another thread had a question about toothsome chocolate factory.

when you are in city walk, look and see for any signs of its opening.
if you hear of when it will be open, can you give me a heads up?

or post it on that thread: toothsome chocolate factory.

i'm sure you and your family had a great time with pcstang and his group.

i can't remember which one of youse is the taller......i thought it was you, am i right or wrong..

i'm looking forward to Kong.

since i whined about the repair man not showing up for two days, thought i would give the end to the saga i went through...

dude determined the motor was burned out on the ceiling fan and would cost more to rebuild the motor than to buy another one with the lights.
this ceiling fan is in our great room/living room and it is two stories high.

did shop and bought another fan with lights and left him a message today to set up another appointment for him to return and install it.
ok, called him in the afternoon, no reply back yet.
his voice message is, "sorry i missed your call but i will return it asap "
in real talk that means sometime in the week.......lol

had the man who does power washing of houses come out for an estimate.
to power wash the house and the deck and screened in porch, over $400......

had no idea it was that high.

but, in the South, you get a green growth on the north side of the houses and many peeps if they don't have the equipment, hire it out to be done.
got an estimate on that the other day also, now waiting to find out when it will be done.....

i swear, no one rushes down in my area...

i finally bought a grill today.
i have been saying since we moved in, i have to buy a grill as i cook on them year round.
we had to leave our Weber grill when we moved.
we were about at the limit of weight without having an over charge for the move.
and, that weber we had was a deluxe with the side burners, on each side so left it for the ones that bought the house.

this is the longest spell i have ever gone with out a grill!
decided not to get a regulator and hook it up to the grill for the propane tank that is under ground.
googling tonight to find where i can buy the tank and where i can do an exchange.
looked at lowes store and they want $50 for the empty tank and then i have to buy the propane on top of that....
My college roommate from Ohio always complained about how slow we all do things down here. She told me I was from the north because I was so quick. I probably heard her say, under her breath, well no on is in a hurry down here are they? We aren't for the most part. We even talk slow. At the beach it takes WEEKS to get quotes to get things done. Thankfully we have a really great group of workers right now that can get pretty much anything done that doesn't require warrenty work or ordering from some 3rd party.

Hope it gets done soon! The hottest months are yet to come.... :) :sunny::furious:

Pressure washing is VERY expensive! To do the neighborhood they charge the HOA 3K. AND THEY DON'T EVEN DO THE DRIVE WAYS! We have a more BA power washer than they do! I think they're highly overpaid. If they do a good job I'm all for paying a pretty penny. We have our "backbone" do it at the beach. He's a mule and good at brunt drops like that... and blwoing off sand, and cleaning out closets, and picking up picnic tables by himself....

Sounds about right on the gas. Costs about 20$ to change out a tank down here. Most gas stations have a tank exchange system. Around here at least.... I assume it's the same up there. The tank it expensive on the first purchase, but then you just exchange it. The rate will change like the of gas in a bill. I'm with @Monykalyn on you fitting in down here with how long it took you to get the grill :duck:o_O

homie, have a favor to ask you.
another thread had a question about toothsome chocolate factory.

when you are in city walk, look and see for any signs of its opening.
if you hear of when it will be open, can you give me a heads up?

or post it on that thread: toothsome chocolate factory.

i'm sure you and your family had a great time with pcstang and his group.

i can't remember which one of youse is the taller......i thought it was you, am i right or wrong..

i'm looking forward to Kong.
They've been hiring for weeks. I feel this is the same schedule as last year for NBC. I don't know though that's just my $0.02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter