Something About Nothing ... #12

Yep, moms with any number of kids, when mad, will go through lots of names. I am one of more than a few too, and my mom still starts with the oldest, more than 10 years older than me, and ends with the youngest, 3 years younger than me, when she cannot get the right name out. Dog or cat never had their name in the name list, though. I guess they were never bad. :D

Hey all-been a few days. Had work at the hospital Monday, then Sertoma banquet Monday night, then my consulting job for NH >2 hours away - I have 2 of them and I don't normally schedule them back to back same week. When I realized what I did I packed a bag and stayed overnight in a hotel by one of them. Saved over 3 hours of driving. Still loooonnngg days.
Off today and tomorrow, then work the weekend at the hospital-with holiday weekend usually pretty slow (docs don't like to schedule stuff either LOL). Off Monday, NH jobs tuesday and wednesday then off for a week.Getting Hair done tomorrow and nails done next week. Hubs scheduled our flight to Portland at 5 am(!!!) next Friday. Oh well- we get in around 11 am local time.

Have had extra kids around-son had 3 friends over last night (4 10-11 year olds went through 2 cheese pizza, liter of root beer last night; this am French toast (made nearly a loaf of bread - have 6 pieces left) and a pound of bacon. Had Caesar salad tonite (romaine lettuce from garden, as well as garlic and of course the egg is from backyard) with spaghetti and meatballs. Oldest DD was at her grandma at lake with a couple friends for 2 days-came home tonight and the 3 teen girls cleaned out the salad and but still have a few meatballs left. Good thing I can cook in quantities:rotfl2:

Weather report- rained off/on today, with some sun peeking through at times. Now under storm warning and hear thunder. Really need the rain, rain is likely for the 4th though too. Oldest DD thought of being a paleoclimatologist at one point so we are fascinated by storms around here too.

Hope everyone is doing well, and :grouphug:to those going through trying times.

Oh-and we started the remodel I've wanted since we moved into this house. (was a new build by a builder who ended up in bankruptcy and must have had an architect who was drunk when he designed a couple things). Back yard is leveled and hill pushed out so the rain now is clay/mud mess. Hope to get the deck done by mid-July and we need to go pick out flooring and start pricing it out to make sure we stay on budget. And decide on paint. and if we are replacing the doors. And kit for fireplace (we want a stacked stone). And DD still needs to finish shopping for dorm/fall. aaaack-I'm gonna go find a glass of wine now and watch the storm clouds roll in...::yes::

I tried to read your post before I said any thing but can not get past you hard 3 boys over with your son and they only are two pizzas......only 2 pizzas ????
I. Never got off that cheap

I amazed that is all they could e at

When had friends over they never slept

2 large pizzas? and they were more interested in getting back to the nerf gun war/hide and seek/light saber strange game they were playing around the neighborhood. I forgot to mention all the empty snack wrappers/bags I found downstairs this am...probably because I've blocked it out as I will have to clean it (with help form son) tomorrow. Boys are messy messy messy.

Just finished 13 hours. Still on my military/war movie kick. Really shouldn't watch them. Only thing that can make me ugly cry.

Hip hip hooray it's Friday!
I'm now taking bets on how many people will call me on Saturday asking if they can check in early. (Idk what it is about the 4th weekend but they ALWAYS call.)
For those here you get to jump extra high as you most likely have Monday off work.

I have dinner with most of my sisters tomorrow. One lives an hour away and won't be joining us. We'll see her later this month for her boys birthday parties. They conveniently have their birthday in the same month so she just does one party in the middle of them. My other nephews are the same way! Their birthdays are only 2 weeks apart (all 3) so they just do one monster party. Works out so well! They of course get their special individual days

Anyways...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Just finished 13 hours. Still on my military/war movie kick. Really shouldn't watch them. Only thing that can make me ugly cry.

Hip hip hooray it's Friday!
I'm now taking bets on how many people will call me on Saturday asking if they can check in early. (Idk what it is about the 4th weekend but they ALWAYS call.)
For those here you get to jump extra high as you most likely have Monday off work.

I have dinner with most of my sisters tomorrow. One lives an hour away and won't be joining us. We'll see her later this month for her boys birthday parties. They conveniently have their birthday in the same month so she just does one party in the middle of them. My other nephews are the same way! Their birthdays are only 2 weeks apart (all 3) so they just do one monster party. Works out so well! They of course get their special individual days

Anyways...
View attachment 178529
View attachment 178530
View attachment 178531
View attachment 178532
View attachment 178533
This morning at 7.30 100 years ago our soldiers went over the top at the start of the Battle of the Somme - here in the UK and at Lochnagar Crater, France we are remembering them - the bloodiest day in our history - thousands of young men lost - We Will Remember Them ❤️

This morning at 7.30 100 years ago our soldiers went over the top at the start of the Battle of the Somme - here in the UK and at Lochnagar Crater, France we are remembering them - the bloodiest day in our history - thousands of young men lost - We Will Remember Them ❤️
One of the bloodiest in human history. Lest we forget.

Yes, Battle of the Somme. Remembered always. My DS is a huge military history fan. He already reminded me of that battle when he woke up this morning.

And today is Canada Day, so for all our northern homies: Happy Canada Day.

th

Mac and Robo, hope your coffee is hot and plentiful. It's a gray and almost cool morning today. Heavy rain may pass south again, but those pop up showers or thunderstorms are in the mix too. And a wahoo, we'll have a sunny, perfectly hot, low humidity week-end! I will be floating in the pool and have my kids swim up with a drink. or two.

th
Time the brew the tea. I'll need an XL cup, it's that kinda morning.

And boys, yes, MonyK, pre-teen and teen kids are hollowed, they can eat a ton. I agree, 2 pizzas would have been eaten in minutes. And for games, even when they become adult, boys like to play. My DS got up early to play his new video game before work. Yeah, the men and their toys.

Around here, the big shore rentals usually start on a Saturday too. There's a heavy amount of traffic on the bridges, that will start around lunchtime. By dinner time, the news will say the roads to the shore are a parking lot. Fourth of July is a big event all over our region.

Awesome Friday to you all! I send good thoughts and hugs to those that need it. :hug:

Friday all day
I appreciate all my calendar girl homies for telling me the day of the week
But tinyD throws other days in what she posts so I have to read her smilies to find the right day. lol

Well this is the third day of fan man to come to my house
3 rd on the match event......

Hope he does come as next week our temps will be 100 and the ceiling fan helps with the ac on

If the motor is burned out then he told me over the phone he might be able to repair it and not buy a new one
That would be great as the fans with lights I see in the stores are not as nice looking as this one

Was under the weather last night and asleep by 10 which is unusual for me
Not out of bed until 8 this morning

Would have slept longer but knew I had to get up for the phone call from fan man

Came back to add that he called
Woot

Yay! Mac, hopefully the fan issue resolved soon. You must not have felt good. Night owl, you tend to be. I bet the cats knew you weren't well, and let you sleep in. I have 2 house fans and some room fans too. Helps with the cooling for sure.

Yay, mac will be cool again...good luck with the fan.

Just got a call in from work...no day off for me today...later homies :(

the chronicles of the fat man from macraven. A real page turner, can't wait to tune in and read what happens next..

Sorry you were under the weather, that's no fun :( Hope you feel better soon.

Its Friday yey!!! and for once it looks like its NOT going to rain this weekend. Woop Woop! Fingers crossed. Left my phone at home today... grrrr

We'll be said he would be here and that time has past 55 minutes ago

He called from his truck and said I would see him real soon

I thought that meant something like within ten minutes

Fan man story still in process

Hope the fan man saga comes to a satisfactory (and cheap) conclusion!

First (giant) mug of coffee down. LOVE my Haunted mansion mug:)

Gotta go wake up the oldest kid-today is the day she is getting her waist length hair chopped off...appointment in 36 minutes - only takes ~7 minutes to get there. hmmm have time for more coffee...

Happy Friday all! Hope the renters aren't too annoying this weekend TinyD!

Now fan man called and said his gps is not working

Gee, he lives local and said he knows my street

But said he is On The way but has to drive slow as he has a bad tire

Waiting for another call with an excuse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter