Something About Nothing ... #12

I know, so am I ;)

Also forgot to mention everyone, My USO tickets arrived in the post yesterday! woop woop. I may have done a little dance to celebrate.

I also got a VIP dine4less orlando card. I won't use it but if anyone else wants it let me know. I've not signed it or anything so its free to anyone who wants it. Not sure how i'm going to get it to anyone but I don't think post would be too expensive.

you do realize that now you have something free to give away, homies will be pm'ing you to take you up on your offer.

i have no idea what the dining card is about but if it is good, put me on the list. :rotfl:
jk

everyone wants something that is free

lynne always comes up with the best kitties....

Real food fans, i know many don't like cats like i do.

well, most people hate cats but i still love those peeps.....

i can only go so far talking about my kitty cats and then i know to stop when the dog pictures start showing up here.

camels are a wednesday tradition.
it lets us know what day of the week it is.

but with my pea size brain, i sometimes mix up my day of the week so the homies here post pics to guide me.

once i quit my job, i had no need for a calendar.
sundays i always remember as that is when Walking Dead is on tv.

Morning :wave2: to all the sans family. Sounds like everyone is up and lively this morning.:dogdance:

:welcome:Realfoodfans this is the friendliest place on the dis. Glad you are here. Beautiful artwork using natures bounty. I'am so sorry to hear of your father-in-law diagnoses. :grouphug: Hugs and prayers for him and all of you.

Mac thank you for the update on Schumi. We miss her. when she is ready to come back her sans family will be waiting with lots of hugs:grouphug:.

Mac hope you get some rain soon. It has cooled down here. I always like to see pics and hear about people's pets. Don't have any of my own. :cat:

Did yard work yesterday. Haha should have waited till today. It cooled down over night to low 80's today. Have a few errands today then getting on the horn to buy those HHN tickets.

Thank you Mac for all your help on making decisions on best ticket options. You are awesome.

Lynne and Tinyd love all the pics. Like Mac it's nice to be updated on the day of the week first thing in the morning.

A girl that my granddaughter went to high school with made the the Olympic team yesterday. She is at the trails in Omaha. She won the 100-meter breaststroke. The whole town is excited for this sweet young lady.

Squirlz it usually rains here for the 4th fireworks. There can be no rain for days then it rains on the 4th and they have to reschedule. Like Lynnes area they set off the fireworks on barges in the river here in this area of Indiana.

We had a little rain early Monday morning,but ground is still hard and dry. People have been setting off fireworks around here for last couple of weeks. Like Mac said, people in the South are serious about heir fireworks. I have seen people drop serious coin on them here.

Last edited:
Carole said she needs time to be away from the everyday talking but she sends her love to all of us here.
She will come back and post when she is up to it.

I feel for her so much. I hope shes as good as she can be in that situation. My heart and thoughts go out to her.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to Schumi. So sad to hear of her loss. Prayers to her friend's family and friends.

Okay, I do like cats, I had one named Sam for years. He was an outdoor orange tabby that loved to patrol. But, due to the family, no cats allowed, cat allergies. Since no sniffles at dog dander, we're a dog family. So,

th

th

is that mostly an English thing or do Americans also frequent the weather as a conversation topic?

Loved that Epcot thing, I had one of my UK CM friends send that to me. I was in stitches. haha. Its all very animated over here, well in the way that the English can be animated, that is to say lots of snide facebook messages about those that voted... I really don't get it. We lost, get over it and move on.

I was just reading a article about all the different places to get married in WDW, you can get married in the hub for a starting prices of $75,000! If you had that sort of money to throw down for one day... yikes!
I talk about weather all the time. I was so fascinated with it as a kid my mom thought I was going to be a meteorologist. I might have considered it if it didn't take so much science. I'm okay in science but.... it's not my strongest. Storms fascinate me though. Mostly I just complain about heat. I hate the heat and I live in south GA. Our heat index reached over 102 before 11 AM. In the grocery store small talk it's mostly "Don't have a heat stroke" "try to stay inside and stay cool!" "Check on your grandparents!" (we mostly say that about all the weather hear. A lot of older people still live in their older homes with their really old ACs... Just installed window units over the years or live in trailers whose AC can't really keep up to the extremes.) And then it's I've got cold stuff I better hurry home before it spoils!

Know what else we do down here? Send casseroles whenever someone has a death in the family. The amount of food that surrounds those events is just... wow! So all that are going through tough times know that its making my inner southern want to send casseroles and other food to you, but obviously I can't. Food is the bandaid of the soul down here. Soulfood if you will.... Comfort food? Do other places do that? I dont remember that happening up north when my Grandmother passed. We cooked all week and my northern relatives "entertained" us whereas in my neighborhood right now when something like that happens we all make a list of who's going to cook what for the next week and take over.

Also, as much as my young hs/college self dreamed of a Disney Wedding.. No, just no. I could buy a house with that kind of money! Don't get me wrong, if/when I find Mr.Terri I would like to have a decent wedding with lots of food and drinks in a pretty place, but... That's a lot of money. I have 6 brothers and sisters blood, three more IL, 10 nieces and nephews, and a whole dance company that's my family. No way in heck. Now... I might end up at Hogwarts for the honeymoon! lol TO heck with staying in the room I'm going to Hogwarts! :)

I see both. I always think of Harry with darker glasses even though I'm pretty sure they're gold. They always have a dark reflection on them. Or maybe the book covers have dark frames.

Also @Realfoodfans ... I'm so sorry to hear that news. It's tough no matter what. I hate that you'll have to watch this unfold and hope for calm and peace through it all.

Also [USER=580054 said:
@Realfoodfans[/USER] ... I'm so sorry to hear that news. It's tough no matter what. I hate that you'll have to watch this unfold and hope for calm and peace through it all.

Thank you for your thoughts. Generally we don't take food to people but within my parents church they always do - even when someone is ill they share the news and offer support which is great. I love baking and always like to take cake to people!

Mac-love TWD. Can't wait til October. Although I had to leave the room at the end of the last episode and have my DH yell to me what was happening. Too much anxiety. :scared:I like FTWD too, looking forward to its return in August.
From one newbie to another I say, :welcome:Realfoodfans. So sorry about your FIL. My son had leukemia when he was a toddler and was in treatment for over 3 years. Thankfully, he is 10 and in perfect health now. I hope and pray for comfort and strength for your FIL and family.

I talk about weather all the time. I was so fascinated with it as a kid my mom thought I was going to be a meteorologist. I might have considered it if it didn't take so much science. I'm okay in science but.... it's not my strongest. Storms fascinate me though. Mostly I just complain about heat. I hate the heat and I live in south GA. Our heat index reached over 102 before 11 AM. In the grocery store small talk it's mostly "Don't have a heat stroke" "try to stay inside and stay cool!" "Check on your grandparents!" (we mostly say that about all the weather hear. A lot of older people still live in their older homes with their really old ACs... Just installed window units over the years or live in trailers whose AC can't really keep up to the extremes.) And then it's I've got cold stuff I better hurry home before it spoils!

Know what else we do down here? Send casseroles whenever someone has a death in the family. The amount of food that surrounds those events is just... wow! So all that are going through tough times know that its making my inner southern want to send casseroles and other food to you, but obviously I can't. Food is the bandaid of the soul down here. Soulfood if you will.... Comfort food? Do other places do that? I dont remember that happening up north when my Grandmother passed. We cooked all week and my northern relatives "entertained" us whereas in my neighborhood right now when something like that happens we all make a list of who's going to cook what for the next week and take over.

Also @Realfoodfans ... I'm so sorry to hear that news. It's tough no matter what. I hate that you'll have to watch this unfold and hope for calm and peace through it all.

Tinydancer- I love the weather but like you the whole science and physics thing was not my strong suit. Its been a fairly mild summer for us so far. Had the windows up for a while yesterday. Very very wet and cool spring and beginning of the summer. Its almost July and I have not put on a bathing suit yet.

I am in SE VA and we definitely do the food thing when someone dies. NC BBQ and Fried chicken are staples at any funeral reception in my part of the world. If a church member dies we have a reception for the family after the funeral and most of the women in the church make a dish to bring. Something nice to do for the family so they do not have to worry about feeding their out of town family and there usually is enough left over to send home.

Good day today so far. Boss is out of the office so when the:ccat: is away the :mickeyjumwill play....

Someone asked where I live back aways...near East Lansing MI (GO Spartans!) We just haven't had much rain to speak of and the grass is all dry. I haven't mowed in 3 weeks. Temps have been around 90 for a couple weeks.

Thoughts and prayers for Schumi.

Mac-love TWD. Can't wait til October. Although I had to leave the room at the end of the last episode and have my DH yell to me what was happening. Too much anxiety. :scared:I like FTWD too, looking forward to its return in August.
From one newbie to another I say, :welcome:Realfoodfans. So sorry about your FIL. My son had leukemia when he was a toddler and was in treatment for over 3 years. Thankfully, he is 10 and in perfect health now. I hope and pray for comfort and strength for your FIL and family.
Good day today so far. Boss is out of the office so when the:ccat: is away the :mickeyjumwill play....

Thank you Cam. My FIL is very calm and prepared in himself - we want to keep him comfortable - we have a beautiful hospice nearby so we are hoping there will be a bed there for him. So pleased to hear your son has done so well that must have been so tough on you all. I expect you treasure him just that little bit more. My GS is 7 and has health problems and spent a long while in and out of hospital from age 2-5. He's physically a lot stronger now though he struggles with co-ordination with Dyspraxia and SPD. He is my absolute joy I think we have a special bond (I hope we can keep it). When he was unwell the last time my daughter was expecting and struggling so I slept at the hospital on the end of his bed and stayed the whole time trying to entertain him - we share a wicked sense of humour! He is on my picture - it was pure magic he got out of hospital in time to have his 4th birthday at WDW!

Real food fans, i know many don't like cats like i do.

well, most people hate cats but i still love those peeps.....

i can only go so far talking about my kitty cats and then i know to stop when the dog pictures start showing up here.

camels are a wednesday tradition.
it lets us know what day of the week it is.

but with my pea size brain, i sometimes mix up my day of the week so the homies here post pics to guide me.

Love love love Walking Dead. A friend at my sewing group told me about it (she's 80 this year I thought if Sally watches it then it can't be too scary - wrong!) and hubs found it online - we started at series 1 and caught right up to date over about 4-5 weeks earlier this year. Looking forward to the next series but dreading it at the same time.

Someone asked where I live back aways...near East Lansing MI (GO Spartans!) We just haven't had much rain to speak of and the grass is all dry. I haven't mowed in 3 weeks. Temps have been around 90 for a couple weeks.

Thoughts and prayers for Schumi.
Climate[edit]
Lansing has a Midwestern humid continental climate (Köppen Dfb/Dfa) that is influenced by the Great Lakes, and is part of USDA Hardiness zone 5b.[42] Winters are cold with moderate to heavy snowfall, while summers are very warm and humid. The monthly daily average temperature in July is 71.5 °F (21.9 °C), while the same figure for January is 23.4 °F (−4.8 °C); the annual mean is 48.21 °F (9.01 °C). On average, temperatures reach or exceed 90 °F (32.2 °C) on 8.8 days of the year and drop to or below 0 °F (−17.8 °C) on 10−11 nights.[43] Precipitation is generally greatest during summer but still frequent and significant in winter. Snowfall, which normally occurs from November to April, averages 51.1 inches (130 cm) per season, significantly less than areas to the west such as Grand Rapids as Lansing is relatively immune to lake-effect snows; seasonal snowfall has historically ranged from 16.6 in (42 cm) in 1863−64 to 97.2 in (247 cm) in 1880−81. The highest and lowest officially recorded temperatures were 103 °F (39 °C) on July 6, 2012,[43]and −37 °F (−38 °C) on February 2, 1868,[44] with the last −20 °F (−29 °C) or colder reading occurred on February 27, 1994; the record low maximum is −4 °F (−20 °C) on January 22, 1883, while, conversely, the record high minimum is 78 °F (26 °C) on August 1, 2006 and July 18, 1942.[43] Freezing temperatures in June are exceedingly rare and have not occurred in July or August since the 19th century; on average, they arrive on October 4 and depart on May 7, allowing a growing season of 149 days. The average window for measurable snow (≥0.1 in or 0.25 cm) is November 4 thru April 6.

i got as far into reading winters are harsh....then stopped.
maybe why i never thought of living next door to youse........

my parents lived in detroit and moved due to the winters.
brother was very asthmatic and they thought they would move south.
they ended up in st louis area as mom went into labor during this drive.
(that would have been me she had)

so that was as far "south" as they got and settled there.
their goal was mississippi.

those that live in michigan love it.
i read many talk about they would not live anywhere else.

Love love love Walking Dead. A friend at my sewing group told me about it (she's 80 this year I thought if Sally watches it then it can't be too scary - wrong!) and hubs found it online - we started at series 1 and caught right up to date over about 4-5 weeks earlier this year. Looking forward to the next series but dreading it at the same time.
i have watched walking dead from when it started.
i was really pissed with the ending this last season.
so were other readers so i wasn't alone.

got into the breakoff Dead show when it started and i can see how it fits together.
i am so anxious for WD when it comes back.

i'll be at hhn that night but will catch the encore later that night.

no one in my family enjoys the WD.
they get scared of the show.

Climate[edit]
Lansing has a Midwestern humid continental climate (Köppen Dfb/Dfa) that is influenced by the Great Lakes, and is part of USDA Hardiness zone 5b.[42] Winters are cold with moderate to heavy snowfall, while summers are very warm and humid. The monthly daily average temperature in July is 71.5 °F (21.9 °C), while the same figure for January is 23.4 °F (−4.8 °C); the annual mean is 48.21 °F (9.01 °C). On average, temperatures reach or exceed 90 °F (32.2 °C) on 8.8 days of the year and drop to or below 0 °F (−17.8 °C) on 10−11 nights.[43] Precipitation is generally greatest during summer but still frequent and significant in winter. Snowfall, which normally occurs from November to April, averages 51.1 inches (130 cm) per season, significantly less than areas to the west such as Grand Rapids as Lansing is relatively immune to lake-effect snows; seasonal snowfall has historically ranged from 16.6 in (42 cm) in 1863−64 to 97.2 in (247 cm) in 1880−81. The highest and lowest officially recorded temperatures were 103 °F (39 °C) on July 6, 2012,[43]and −37 °F (−38 °C) on February 2, 1868,[44] with the last −20 °F (−29 °C) or colder reading occurred on February 27, 1994; the record low maximum is −4 °F (−20 °C) on January 22, 1883, while, conversely, the record high minimum is 78 °F (26 °C) on August 1, 2006 and July 18, 1942.[43] Freezing temperatures in June are exceedingly rare and have not occurred in July or August since the 19th century; on average, they arrive on October 4 and depart on May 7, allowing a growing season of 149 days. The average window for measurable snow (≥0.1 in or 0.25 cm) is November 4 thru April 6.

i got as far into reading winters are harsh....then stopped.
maybe why i never thought of living next door to youse........

my parents lived in detroit and moved due to the winters.
brother was very asthmatic and they thought they would move south.
they ended up in st louis area as mom went into labor during this drive.
(that would have been me she had)

so that was as far "south" as they got and settled there.
their goal was mississippi.

those that live in michigan love it.
i read many talk about they would not live anywhere else.
I don't 'love' Winter but I've dealt with it all my life. We have our own internet based business so we could literally live anywhere we want. We think about it now and then but we really love our house and neighborhood. And we don't have to go anywhere when the weather's bad if we don't want to.

guess i can't figure out a nickname for cam.
think the 757 didn't fit.

all i can think of now is cambo to call her.

i could become like my mom now.
i could call you different names until i get the correct one.
my mom would call out lots of names until she said mine.
usually this happened when we were in trouble as kids and she had a temper....

that had to be a difficult time in your lives with your son's illness.
such a scary thing to deal with.

thank goodness for a complete healing for him!
answered prayers!

i'm glad to read that he is fine now and that illness is behind you.
:hug:

E-mails just started coming in about the going-viral either "flesh eating bacteria" or "toxic fecal bacteria"..... 6 beaches betweek Okaloosa and Walton Counties have been closed to swimming due to Vibrio Vulnificus. A bacteria which can cause extreme infections and can potentially be lethal. Florida saw 45 cases last year in it's 1350miles of coast line. Think about how many millions of people visit the beaches every year... and only 45 total cases? That was the highest number in history though.

Just incase anyone is worried about it here is the Florida health page that monitors all beach conditions.
http://www.floridahealth.gov/environmental-health/beach-water-quality/index.html

All I can do is send the link to the guests so they can be educated and keep and eye on it and hope for the best. For the record it's not flesh eating bacteria.... Same way people call jelly fish larva sea lice.

EDIT***** they were closed due to Enterococcus levels not Vibrio. That's totally separate. Sorry! :)

Last edited:
Wow, that's scarey Tinyd. Between the sharks and the bacteria makes one think before going for a dunk in the ocean.
Thanks for the web site on the health of the beaches.

Last edited:
Correction! The tests run on water safety are for Enterococcus no Vibrio. Vibrio seems to me totally separate.Vibrio is naturally occurring in all warm salt water.
Enterocococcus is tested for in all bodies of water and must be under 35 colonies per 100ml of water.

Okay, that's all I know how.

I've been getting in the ocean and accidentally swollowing the ocean my entire life. It's really nothing to agonize over. It's very rare.

Also, sharks are also not a big thing... only 19 attacks annually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter