ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back after 2 nights at RPR. Had a King refurbished room 1623. Very nice. And yes our shower and toilet were in a separate room from the sink. No complaints. Room had a view of the parks. Nice unless you want to sleep in like we did the day we were leaving :) Still no issues as all we really heard was the Hulk.

I'll post some pictures once I upload them.

what I miss is the great wooden screen in the wall that was between the sink area and the bed area.

FWIW, we were in a NON-updated room in January (though we were in the tower being worked on) and there was no wooden screen there. Maybe not all rooms had them. Our first RPR room had it, can't remember about the second one, and this third one didn't have it, but wasn't a refurbed room.

Reactions: HM
Really looking forward to our visit in June. Love the new rooms - I think the big flower is awesome! We're only staying onsite one night, so I don't think we'll request anything in particular, but they look great!

Really looking forward to our visit in June. Love the new rooms - I think the big flower is awesome! We're only staying onsite one night, so I don't think we'll request anything in particular, but they look great!

if you want the flower on the wall in your room, call and request to be in Tower 1 in one of the renovated rooms.
floors 4-5-6 have been completed, don't know if the lower floors are done yet.

might as well do a request and then you can take pictures of the room to show all of us !

Floor 7 in Tower 1 is also complete. This is standard floor, not club level which is tower 3.

Hi. Just wanted to give an update since this thread was very helpful in planning our trip. We were at RPR from April 25-28. We enjoyed our stay and are glad we tried Universal, but we probably won't be going back anytime soon. I'll try to write a little more about the parks on another thread, but as far as RPR, here are a few notes:
We were not in a renovated room. We were in Tower 3-room 3548. We figured out the 3 is the Tower, the 5 is the floor (5th) and the 48 is the room. We found that helpful as we wanted to reverse the 3 and 5, but knowing the first digit is the tower, it had to be 3 since there are only 3 towers:) (Sorry for the geeky number assessment, but if you are a numbers person, you might like the tip! )
The room was not ready when we got there around 5:15. The CM called housekeeping to check on something, and was told they had to go check. We waited at least 10 minutes, chatting with the CM. I made a point to remind her that I made 2 requests: a refrigerator for meds, and a no pet room. Yup--that was all in the system. Finally, she called back, and was told the room would be ready for us. (I kind of got the impression that there was something wrong with the room that they had to fix, but never figured out what. The only thing is the tissues felt very damp to me--so much so that I left a note for housekeeping to leave a new box the next day.) We went up and NO refrigerator. We had to call, and then wait another 15-20 minutes for a refrigerator to show up(were told it would be there within 10).
We were very hungry by this point, and were planning to go to CityWalk for dinner. Of course it was after 6. Both parks closed at 6 due to Grad Bash. That meant CW was MOBBED!! We actually walked back to the hotel and ate at Jakes. Good food, but on the pricey side.
Things we really enjoyed at the hotel:
The walking paths to the parks--very nice. The security check is so laid back and hardly anybody else ever there so no waits!
The little beach area: we sat here Monday night after taking the boat back from exploring Portofino. Very relaxing.
The pool bar area: After sitting on the beach, we wanted a snack. We ordered the frozen lemonade and fruit tray and relaxed at a table while the poolside movie played. I had hoped to sit outside Tuesday morning before checking out to write in my trip journal, but it was pouring all morning.
I guess you could say I liked the outside better than the inside, but I was thrilled to be warm after this awful winter!!

There you have it! I'm happy to answer any questions if I'm able!

Just checked in, it's our first time at RPR...
And we love it!
We asked for a new room in Tower 1 and we had a beautiful new room (1416) that they just finished.
It still smells painting ;-)
It's a view on the swimming pool, and there is a "quick" access to the citi walk
I'll take pictures and will post them :-)

We checked in yesterday, too; here until Sunday. Having a great time so far! After the parks closed early last night we went to the pool and had some fantastic poolside cocktails (hoping to get back there today for another Maui Sunburn, I think it was called).

We're in a non-refurb room, because a refurb room wasn't ready when we arrived and I didn't really care. No complaints.

Our room is located in the renovation area... So not really quiet .
I called the reception and we can change room (and tower). Don't know what to do.
They also credited 100 $ to our account for the inconvenience. Nice from them :-)

I called the reception and we can change room (and tower). Don't know what to do.
They also credited 100 $ to our account for the inconvenience. Nice from them :-)

I'd stay where you are. $100 inconvenience credit is lovely! You could move to the other room and have noisy neighbours and not be happy there.

Where are they doing renovations now - I assume it's Tower 2?

Here now. I'm in 3624. I do know that the lobby hallway of Tower 1 is done and gorgeous! Lots of construction noise, so I think they are only at 3rd floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter