ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!!! New Here.... My husband and I are going for our first trip to Universal Orland in 2 weeks ish.... we have never been and this was kind of a spur of the moment trip planned cause my parents are taking our 4 kids elsewhere... so adult time :) .... I see there are some renovations going on and I would like to stay in a newly rennovated room.... is there a good way to request this? We will be arriving on Saturday July 11th and I believe have booked a standard king room online.
Thanks!

I requested, when checking in, "one of the new rooms with the fridge if we can please". I had also made the request a few days earlier via phone but that apparently wasn't noted anywhere :p . If there's a youngish guy with glasses and a friendly smile, try to get him.

Just a standard room. Those are quite enough for me. I think the express passes will definitely be worth the extra costs in the end. Especially during spring break.

I have a TA, so maybe, hopefully, they will find a discount out there at some point.
keep checking the UO booking site.
when you see the rates drop, call your TA and have your rate modified.

last feb/early march, i did see high prices for room rates months out but they dropped at f/m period.

Hi!!! New Here.... My husband and I are going for our first trip to Universal Orland in 2 weeks ish.... we have never been and this was kind of a spur of the moment trip planned cause my parents are taking our 4 kids elsewhere... so adult time :) .... I see there are some renovations going on and I would like to stay in a newly rennovated room.... is there a good way to request this? We will be arriving on Saturday July 11th and I believe have booked a standard king room online.
Thanks!

I think someone mentioned it already but all the floors in Tower 1 have been renovated. I stay on the 3rd in a renovated room and found it very nice except that they left bottled water for you to purchase and use. Not a big fan of that because it left less room in the fridge for me and my drinks.

you can call and request that your room be in tower 1.
all those rooms have been renovated.

i always request the water for sale be removed from my room once i am in it.
who in the world would pay that $8 a bottle for it ????
same with the snacks to be removed.

How far in advance do we need to book for a room at RPR? We were hoping to stay there for a night or two in December 2016.

Zosha, what dates in december?
if you want to stay there during the holiday period of right before christmas or up thru the 31st, make them 11 months out.

the SMSM rate is usually in effect up to a year in advance.

if there are no general code discount listed/smsm, then you will be paying rack rate.
book and pay the one night deposit at the time of booking.
if you snag a discount later, all the deposit that was over paid, will be applied to your total hotel charge.

book 11 months out and watch the booking website on UO.
call and have your rate adjusted to the lower rates, available discounts that you see prior to your stay.

that holiday time books quickly when the rates drop.
rates 11 months out are usually high but don't be scared off by that.
there will be rooms available 2-3 months out if you wait and book closer to when you are going, but they generally are the higher priced rooms such as the suites.

for my annual october stays of 17-18 nights, i book 11.5 months our as i need the guarantee for specific dates.
i have always in the past years been able to modify my rates.
i started doing it this way in 2006 and i never had problems of modifying my reservation rate.

now if you plan to go anytime for a 2 night stay at rpr from the first of december 2016 thru the middle of the month or up to the 20th, booking at 11 months out is not a necessity.
but if it were me, i would plan on booking early december dates by July 2016.

rpr is my home away from home.
i enjoy the layout of the resort and everything the hotel has to offer for my stays.

for my other trips and stays at rpr during the year, i book my room about 4 months out unless it is near a holiday period.
i get my hotel ressie lined up and then work with air plans.

Thank you so much for that information - it's excellent! I'm unsure of exactly what dates. It will either be before or after our trip to Disney. So it could be either 15/16th-ish or 29/30th-ish! Good to know that I have a few extra months before I need to worry about definites then

you can wait to book if you go those middle dates next year in december.
go dec 29-30, do book way in advance.

now if you do disney at the end period of december, you'll have huge crowds in the park there at that time.

either park for the closer you get to nye, will have crowds....

glad i could give you some info on the darkside hotels.
i don't like either park at the nye holiday period.

i went january 2nd to disney last year and it was still crowded.
did a split stay and did the darkside on jan 7th and hit a couple of days of crowds there.
(but it slacked off on crowds the second day for us)

We're Universal newbies, but Disney "oldies." We're planning on 2 nights in early December 2016. We want to stay in a hospitality suite (2 bedroom one). Where are they located? Are they in all three buildings? Are they on the upper floors? Anything we should know about them?

We just checked out. Had a Tower 1 room, refurbished, was on the second floor. (I did call down about a week before & ask refurbished room be put on my reservation request). Really nice room!
LOTS of tour groups at the hotel & Universal. Express Pass helped, but crowded everywhere!!

Still, a nice resort & had fun at Universal. Don't think I'd do the trip in the summer without EP.

Does anyone here know what the water taxi hours are between RPR and Portofino? I called UO reservations desk and she didn't know.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know. But it would go from RPR to citywalk, then you would get off the boat and get into the line to PBH. And take a different boat to PBH. (I get annoyed at such things and would likely just walk the second part LOL)

Boats have to start running in the morning early enough to get people from resorts to citywalk for early entrance. And they have to keep running late enough to get poeple from citywalk to the resorts...

I would call one of the actual resorts, not UO, personally.

I apologize if this has been asked before...... with the rooms being refurbished, are they going to have min refrigerators (not mini bars) in each room? Or will you still have to pay for them if you want one ? thank you in advance!

I apologize if this has been asked before...... with the rooms being refurbished, are they going to have min refrigerators (not mini bars) in each room? Or will you still have to pay for them if you want one ? thank you in advance!
the fridge is more like a dorm fridge, no more mini bar fridges in the refurbed rooms

fridge similar to the ones at the motherland resort rooms.

no charge for the fridge in the refurbished rooms.

the fridge is more like a dorm fridge, no more mini bar fridges in the refurbed rooms

fridge similar to the ones at the motherland resort rooms.

no charge for the fridge in the refurbished rooms.

Wonderful ! thanks so much macraven!! We're going to stay club level, but I know that we're going to want diet cokes and water in the room too.

you will enjoy the club lounge.
take as many sodas as you want back to your room.

the club lounge at rpr is Tower 3.
if you stay in that tower, you won't have a fridge for your stay if you are going this year.
rumor has it that T2 will be the next in line for refurbishment.

if you want to stay in T1 due to the new look and fridge, just take sodas and snacks back to your room after you visit the lounge.

you will enjoy the club lounge.
take as many sodas as you want back to your room.

the club lounge at rpr is Tower 3.
if you stay in that tower, you won't have a fridge for your stay if you are going this year.
rumor has it that T2 will be the next in line for refurbishment.

if you want to stay in T1 due to the new look and fridge, just take sodas and snacks back to your room after you visit the lounge.

Oh, I didn't even think about that..... we were going to buy them, but I like your idea better! We're planning on June of 2017 for our trip. We had to postpone because of a ton of unplanned expenses that came up. We're kind of bummed that we're not going next year, but on the up side, we can look forward to the new King Kong area being open. And now the new rooms too. Plus, it'll build the anticipation a bit more! :crazy2: haha! We're looking forward to club level though. SCHUMIGIRL was the one that got us back to Royal Pacific and on club level, after reading her reviews.

Everyone is just SO nice on the Universal boards.... I just love being a part of this great group. it's so nice to be able to ask a question and someone answer you.....even though it's probably been asked 800 times. So thank you to you for helping me!!! :worship: The last time we stayed club level was at the Grand Floridian..... they had some people working the food area that were not really nice to the guests and kind of went out of their way to make people feel bad for taking anything. Which is funny, considering that the people paid for the service. We're really looking forward to this vacation and trying something new. My husband is beyond excited that he doesn't have to wait on the huge lines on most of the rides. (I think that's how I finally sold him!)

i and others, are always glad to help

you'll have a great trip and will have fun planning it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter