Received email about closings at CBR - help!!

So I will be staying at CBR from 4/24-4/28. All the articles that i've read have said May 1st or possible 4/27 at the earliest. Does anyone know for sure that it doesn't start until May 1st?

As of today, May 1st.

I called Disney at 407-943-3400 at 4 p.m. PST today and was told by the CM I spoke with that their system information was updated today to show that work will start on 4/27 so there is clearly a breakdown somewhere in the communication system.

I called Disney at 407-943-3400 at 4 p.m. PST today and was told by the CM I spoke with that their system information was updated today to show that work will start on 4/27 so there is clearly a breakdown somewhere in the communication system.

Preparations will start that week but no amenities will be affected until May.

I received a call today from Disney in response to the email I sent them Tuesday night. The lady was very helpful. She did not rush me and gave us lots of options. After our 45 minute conversation, we have been moved to Wilderness Lodge!

I received a call today from Disney in response to the email I sent them Tuesday night. The lady was very helpful. She did not rush me and gave us lots of options. After our 45 minute conversation, we have been moved to Wilderness Lodge!
Did you have to pay more to move?

I called Disney again after going back through Orbitz again and being told that no compensation was being offered for our dates because no work would occurring (4/21 to 4/30). Wendy on the reservation line at 407-560-4000 unequivocally told me that nothing would be closed and that we would see no construction activity during our stay. She said there might be construction trucks pulling in, but that all preparatory activities will be occurring well away from the guest rooms. She said that Disney has experienced so much negative fall out from this that it is incredibly unlikely that they would accelerate the construction. She seemed so certain that I have a much better comfort level that we won't be affected, though I still don't see why Disney would have paid or moved others staying during the same period and I don't understand why it took me a full day to get a straight answer.

I called Disney again after going back through Orbitz again and being told that no compensation was being offered for our dates because no work would occurring (4/21 to 4/30). Wendy on the reservation line at 407-560-4000 unequivocally told me that nothing would be closed and that we would see no construction activity during our stay. She said there might be construction trucks pulling in, but that all preparatory activities will be occurring well away from the guest rooms. She said that Disney has experienced so much negative fall out from this that it is incredibly unlikely that they would accelerate the construction. She seemed so certain that I have a much better comfort level that we won't be affected, though I still don't see why Disney would have paid or moved others staying during the same period and I don't understand why it took me a full day to get a straight answer.

I am staying at CBR 4/24-4/28, I haven't contacted Disney because I really don't care. I think people are freaking out a little too much. Disney would not let one of their resorts get too messy or loud and unusable by guests. People are acting like the entire resort is going to be shut down and nothing will be available.

They say that this should be complete by late 2017... We are going Dec 27, 2017 to Jan6, 2018. Hoping we get to experience the new and improved version of CBR. It's our first time going there. Wanted a change from POR.

I am staying at CBR 4/24-4/28, I haven't contacted Disney because I really don't care. I think people are freaking out a little too much. Disney would not let one of their resorts get too messy or loud and unusable by guests. People are acting like the entire resort is going to be shut down and nothing will be available.

It's awesome that you don't care. I wish I could be more like you. :)

But people value different things in their resorts. Last August I went to visit POFQ. At that time the food court was under renovation and their was a temporary location set up. Construction was not intrusive at all and the temporary food court seemed perfectly fine. I however, decided I would not stay at the resort until the foodcourt was complete. I spend a lot of time there in the morning while my family sleeps in, so I was not happy with the set up.

Construction at CBR will be much worse then a foodcourt rehab. I really don't blame people for freaking out.

You think you do not care because you have not been affected yet. You are there before the construction starts, so you can relax, watch a few trucks come in, and then go have lunch, swim, and not experience one bit of inconvenience.

Once demolition begins all bets will be off for guests. DIsney will do as much as possible to mitigate the inconvenience, but believe me, for most people it is going to be very inconvenient, and depending on how one uses the resort, it may seem as if it should be shut down.

WHen the Poly return was going full speed ahead, it affected guests differently. Some were not impacted at all, others felt the disruptions. We stayed at the BC when HH was down, and swore never again to stay anywhere there was a refurb occurring. Now this was ONE QS restaurant that was not in operation and my family felt the stress that placed on cast members dealing with a busy resort with few options for a CS lunch or breakfast. Multiply that little inconvenience and ask if you would feel that you spent too much on a resort that was not fully functional.

They say that this should be complete by late 2017... We are going Dec 27, 2017 to Jan6, 2018. Hoping we get to experience the new and improved version of CBR. It's our first time going there. Wanted a change from POR.

That is only predictions of when food might be back in the building. At that point the major construction will have started and will be ongoing for a couple years.

Have you received notifications of amenities being unavailable at CSR? I realize there isn't ongoing construction at that resort but not aware of any amenity closures like at CBR. that is likely the difference.
There is ongoing construction at CSR. CSR has started demoing buildings. However construction will be more contained there than at CBR and they aren't losing most of their dining options.

I got the email when I did my online check-in at the 60 day mark this past Tuesday. My stay is from April 22nd-April 29th. I forwarded the email to my TA. She got back to me within an hour. We were able to move me over to AKL. I dropped my dining plan to absorb the cost. This is a solo trip for my birthday and I didn't want to deal with being a guinea pig, while Disney figured out how they were going to handle the new "arrangements" at Centerpointe.

On hold trying to change our 2 rooms that are booked for Dec 9-16 with the free dining bounceback. Starts with the bounceback number. That CM wasn't able to help, only thing showing for her to move us to was CSR. Didn't even have to ask to transfer to guest services, she offered as she was looking at inventory. Wait time is about 90 minutes, halfway over now. But I certainly don't mind listening to all the ride music, so it's going fast, lol!

On hold trying to change our 2 rooms that are booked for Dec 9-16 with the free dining bounceback. Starts with the bounceback number. That CM wasn't able to help, only thing showing for her to move us to was CSR. Didn't even have to ask to transfer to guest services, she offered as she was looking at inventory. Wait time is about 90 minutes, halfway over now. But I certainly don't mind listening to all the ride music, so it's going fast, lol!
I'm such a sap in that some of the music they play can make me tear up while I'm on hold. Though I'm sure I'm not the only one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter