Reach for the Stars April 2023 Exercise Challenge

+ 85 mins since last post. Been a little off plan due mostly to stormy weather and not getting outside enough. Local sunset is now almost 8pm, so I'm hoping the weather takes a turn for the better here real soon so I can take advantage of the longer sunlight hours.

420/1350... 31%

We had lots of color changes over the weekend! Sophy1996, Oneanne, Twilight Sparkle (me), and the TEAM have all reached Olivia Orange!!! :tigger: :tigger: :tigger: :tigger: :tigger:

You might best know this Disney child star for his ongoing 20 year career on Saturday Night Live, but Kenan Thompson had his film debut in 1994 as Russ in Disney's D2: The Mighty Ducks. He was 16.

1681180702389.jpeg
as Russ

Kenan was born May 10, 1978 in Columbus, Ohio, but he spent his childhood in Atlanta, GA. At age 5, his mother enrolled him in acting classes. His first non-professional acting role was in a church production of The Wiz. He played Toto and had no lines. He continued acting in school and local productions, joining the Youth Ensemble of Atlanta. In high school, Kenan attended a performing arts magnet school.

Kenan has built an extensive and impressive resume over the years, including a few more Disney projects (Heavyweights and D3: The Mighty Ducks). His entire career so far is probably best summarized in this article. His most recent affiliation with Disney is as Gavin Washington in Home Sweet Home Alone. "The sixth film in the Home Alone franchise, Home Sweet Home Alone was produced by 20th Century Studios as an original title for Disney+, the first 20th Century Studios film to be produced for the streaming service. The film was announced after The Walt Disney Company acquired 21st Century Fox and inherited the rights to the Home Alone franchise.[1]" (wikipedia)

1681182688802.jpeg
as Gavin Washington

In 2022, Kenan was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his 20th anniversary on SNL. His star was placed next to Lorne Michaels' star (Lorne is the creator and producer of SNL).

+40

360/1500

Hope it's a great show! I'm sure all of these theatre companies are so happy to be back on the road.
So our Chicago was fine. Not the greatest show and not the worst. The cast is young and early in their careers, but they did a good job overall.

An interesting note about happy to be back on the road - Actors Equity is currently going up against the Broadway League trying to negotiate better contracts for the touring shows. One of the main sticking points is that the per diem has not changed in 20 years. Just a few days ago, Actors Equity approved a national strike of all union touring productions but they have not yet put it in motion. Negotiations are supposed to continue tomorrow and the 12th, and then they will determine if the strike happens.

Hooray for livih99 for turning Olivia Orange!!!! :tigger: :tigger: :tigger: Way to go!!!

Any Girl Meets World fans out there?

p10785952_b_v13_aa.jpg

Here's a then and now article about Sabrina Carpenter who played Maya:
https://www.j-14.com/posts/sabrina-carpenters-transformation-in-photos-disney-to-now/

and here's a list of Sabrina Carpenter fun facts:
https://www.uselessdaily.com/movies/sabrina-carpenter-trivia-40-facts-about-the-singer-actress/

+49 minutes. Decided to walk around and check out the menus posted in windows instead of using my phone to decide and going straight to lunch. One thing about Disney trips I never appreciated enough: I don't have to 'worry' about food - there's always someplace that can accommodate my allergies near by.

95/300

Three cheers for Raya and PollyannaMom who both reached Olivia Orange!!! :tigger: :tigger: :tigger: :tigger: :tigger: :tigger:

Speaking of Olivia, Dove Olivia Cameron (born Jan 15, 1996) started working with Disney in 2012 when she was cast as both Liv and Maddie in the Disney Channel series Liv and Maddie. She was actually originally cast as Alanna in a show called Bits and Pieces, but somewhere along the way that show was reconceived into Liv and Maddie.

1681360025549.jpeg

The following year, Dove released Better In Stereo (the theme song for Liv and Maddie) as a single under Walt Disney Records. It became her first number 1 hit. Not surprisingly, the song ended up on the Liv and Maddie soundtrack that was released in 2015.

Dove is also widely known for her role as Mal in the Descendants franchise.
images

And DCOM fans might remember her as Kayla Morgan in Cloud Nine.
1681360600799.jpeg

From 2012 - present she has appeared in numerous other films, series, and even a special live tv musical appearance as Amber von Tussel in Hairspray Live! Dove continues to work with Disney through their Marvel franchise where she plays Ruby Hale in Agents of Shield, and Ghost Spider in Marvel Rising.

Lately, she has been focusing a lot on her music career, but she also continues to act. Here's an article about what Dove has been up to recently.

Interesting fact: Dove was born Chloe Celeste Hosterman but legally changed her name to Dove Olivia Cameron after her dad died when she was 15. His nickname for her was Dove.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter