Prix fixe at BOG

Last trip we decided to do lunch at Be Our Guest and we enjoyed it much more than dinner. I wonder if this will make lunch reservations harder to get now.

It just wouldn't make sense otherwise.

I don't think this is going to make dinner easier to get, actually. There are a limited number of available dining seats for the meal. Park volume on even a mythical lower-crowd day is well in excess of the demand for most of the TS seats (with maybe the exception of Skipper Canteen, because "the food is just too weird!!!!").

You want to have dinner in a castle? Make the food castle food.

I agree, it wouldn't make sense ................ except I present to you Prix Fixe Breakfast at BOG .......... never done right, doesn't work, huge venue with under-maximized potential. AND there are other Disney restaurants that offer and have offered prix fixe along with a regular menu.

Personally I think the only limit will be when they run out of tables just like now. That's a huge restaurant and I have not found MK to be difficult to get a TS seat in just about any restaurant other than BOG (although I've gotten week of), CP, or Plaza but that is due to space. But BOG is also harder to get because (1) It is only 1 TS credit (2) You can order just dessert, just appetizer, split meals .... with this both of those are gone. Folks will blink twice on this one. At CRT, they use those 2 credits because of the character interaction.

I do think many who book dinner now, will not under the new price point. Will be interesting to follow this one for sure.

BOG dinner is currently included under TIW, as are all the CRT meals, so I’m hopeful they leave it. We’re not going until August, so they can take it away after that if they’d like.

All I'm saying is we don't know yet. They wouldn't take it after day 3 once Skipper Canteen opened. Took a long time to get it back there. I agree it is very likely but we don't know yet.

It would make a difference to me booking it or not. BUT I'd have to read some reviews first, on food quality and if they did anything to improve the atmosphere since now it doesn't feel much different than lunch.

We're going for the first time in June so luckily we missed these changes by a month. The Beast is a favorite so we had to go for dinner and are pretty excited. Having two young kids, I don't think we would have gone looking at the new menu and price (either $ or using 2 credits). Will be interesting to watch how well this is received.

Just checked our ADR and they changed it slightly:
kgtZzva.jpg

A change to signature dining would severely hurt this restaurant unless the food offerings are greatly upgraded...prix fixe or not.

Actually, the DIS Team has discussed this at length on a couple of occasions and I tend to agree with them. Making BOG a signature restaurant would lower the demand enough for them to actually keep pace with the volume and turn out a better quality experience.

Wonder if this will be handled like the fixed price breakfast or if everyone at the table will need to order a meal according to age. (No sharing / no Disney adults ordering children’s meals)

I think this is going to be a huge failure. A signature restaurant should be intimate. BOG is a glorified cafeteria. It kinda bothered me every time we were there how loud and busy it was. Yes we have had dinner there every time we have been to WDW since it opened, but not now. CRT, Yachtsman, Le Cellier, etc. those are signature restaurants. Small and intimate. If I am paying a high price for a meal, I would expect a nicer environment.

I don't mind them going Prix Fixe, especially if it makes it easier to get an ADR (no more cupcake and water). I just can't justify paying signature pricing for it, especially when I look at the picture with the spoon beside the plate and compare the size of the fish filet to the spoon. That is either some really bad perspective or filet of minnow. Plus, most of the food just doesn't look that enticing, just "fancy" looking. I'd rather have the stuff they serve now. I can see the Castle at Lunch ($23) and get an AYCTE dinner at LTT ($35) or one of the resort restaurants for around the same price or less OOP and 1 QS + 1 TS vs. 2 TS on DDP.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...experience-coming-to-be-our-guest-restaurant/

So does that mean it is NOW 2 credits or it WILL BE 2 credits? We have it booked for May-no way will we be spending 2 credits there!
Will be. They list the date the change starts. Forget now what it is, it's in the Blog announcement though.

ETA - Starts July 27th.

ETAA - They stopped the booking of ADR on 7/26 for a reason. This was it. No one who booked has had their reservation changed to a 2 credit ADR without their knowledge. They'll book a 2 credit from the start.

Last edited:
Now I'm torn... We went to BOG for breakfast last trip and this trip we vowed to have dinner there but 2 credits is a tough one. I get them changing things as people would reserve a table just for a cupcake something I would never do. Now I have to choose between cinderella's royal table and BOG as they are both 2 credits. We only had room for one 2 credit meal.:(

Actually, the DIS Team has discussed this at length on a couple of occasions and I tend to agree with them. Making BOG a signature restaurant would lower the demand enough for them to actually keep pace with the volume and turn out a better quality experience.
Only if the restaurant is 1/3 full... the place is NEVER full and it drags. Charging more and making more difficult food to plate is hardly going to make this better.

Now I'm torn... We went to BOG for breakfast last trip and this trip we vowed to have dinner there but 2 credits is a tough one. I get them changing things as people would reserve a table just for a cupcake something I would never do. Now I have to choose between cinderella's royal table and BOG as they are both 2 credits. We only had room for one 2 credit meal.:(

I guess it comes down to your priorities. CRT comes with all of the characters. BoG doesn't, and you can still get inside the castle at breakfast or lunch if you don't want to drop 2 credits on dinner.

The value of those 2 credits is better made at CRT. It's $55 OOP at BoG, so you'd be paying the equivalent of $90 if you use 2 TS credits for the adults.

Now, if for some dumb reason they remove the beast from this restaurant, then no way is it worth the dinner price. If Disney were smart, they'd keep him there to make sure people like me fork over the money lol.
The Beast is staying per the comments of the announcement.

Honestly, I think this is a good move. People eating up ADRs just to see the castle and the Beast and only ordering coffee or a cupcake really grinds my gears. I'd been holding off on going to BOG for dinner because I heard the food wasn't great and there's no PPO advantage- if this is a real improvement, I might check it out. This ensures that only people who want to dine at BOG get ADRs, not moochers. And Disney ensures they're getting $55/$35 per guest. Win-win in my book for everyone except ADR-grubbers, who don't deserve a win. Oh, and maybe a loss for people on the dining plan, as $55 per shouldn't be two credits- more like 1.5, but I know that's not allowed. ;)

Edit: Would like to concede, as others have pointed out, that this is also a loss for families whose children aren't into fancy food and won't eat a full, expensive prix fixe meal, but would still like to dine for dinner and meet the Beast. Wasn't trying to offend anyone with my post forgetting those folks. The people who got an ADR just to order a cupcake or drinks just to see inside and meet the Beast though... You all still grind my gears. :)

Last edited:
They stopped the booking of ADR on 7/26 for a reason. This was it. No one who booked has had their reservation changed to a 2 credit ADR without their knowledge. They'll book a 2 credit from the start.

At least they handled that part of it well...

I wonder if:

-this is the first step into moving to an all-day price fixe arrangement (and if the dinner switch is successful, I'd have to think that'd be tempting - charge more while still keeping the place filled)
-there will be changes in characters or character interaction with the switch (although I'd think that'd have been part of the announcement if so)
-the dinner experience will be "better" than the current arrangement - or if it remains a "we just serve different food while offering full table service and charge you more"
-breakfast and lunch ADRs will be harder to score as the demand increases for those over the price fixe/2 credit dinners
-fewer dinner ADRs are available since all meals will now be 3-courses by default and turnover time decreases
-the food quality at dinner improves, or if the new menu is mostly meant to "justify" the change (i.e., couldn't just switch to signature/price fixe while keeping everything else the same) - the descriptions sound like a step up, but the execution will be important

I commented in the "what do people not like about BoG" thread that my biggest issue is that the restaurant has an identity crisis and tries to be too many different things at the expense of consistency. I can't say that this move solves that problem (and probably makes it worse). I'm sure I'll give the new dinner menu a go at some point later this year - but I won't be in any rush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter