Prix fixe at BOG

I've eaten there for breakfast lunch and dinner. This price point is not going to be worth it for a lot of families. So many of the pricing strategies that Disney is moving too are very unfriendly to families with kids. Especially on the DDP... It's nice inside the restaurant, but it just isn't that amazing of an experience IMO.

I think it's very friendly to my family. My little niece wants nothing more than to eat inside the castle and meet the Beast like last year. With the limited time we get to spend together for vacations, whatever she wants goes. If I have to suffer through a filet for her to experience that, so be it. :mickeybar

I think they're offering good options here........if being inside and having a cupcake is #1 priority then you go with your QS breakfast or lunch. Want more? Then we have to pay more.

Now, if for some dumb reason they remove the beast from this restaurant, then no way is it worth the dinner price. If Disney were smart, they'd keep him there to make sure people like me fork over the money lol.

DW: “It’s not the new prices. Well, it is the prices. More importantly, there’s nothing on the new menu I would like. Certainly nothing the kids’ll eat. Certainly nothing they’ll eat that justifies that price.

For that price, we’ll just put them in kids club and go to CG. No, wait. They killed kids club, too!”

This was my wife’s favorite dinner spot. We’re coming in August and after looking at menu changes this became a HARD PASS. We have a ppo breakfast (as long as park hours don’t change...) and that’ll do just fine. I can’t imagine they will keep breakfast and lunch counter service and make dinner signature.

Disney confirms the change to 2 table service credits on its blog. (It is not mentioned in the article, but stated in the "comments" section as reply. It does not answer the question as to whether or not this will take the place of a regular menu, but I'd say that is implied. I can't imagine that guests will have the option of using 1 or 2 table service credits.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...experience-coming-to-be-our-guest-restaurant/

Is this in addition to the current menu or is it instead of?

Kelly on February 21, 2018 at 12:06 pm
  • Hi Kelly! This experience will be replacing the current dinner menu.

Alex Dunlap on February 21, 2018 at 2:11 pm

I might actually consider making a dinner reservation at BOG now, the OOP price for two adults isn't bad, and there are a couple things on the menu that appeal to me. I would not ever spend 2 dining plan credits on it though.

I might actually consider making a dinner reservation at BOG now, the OOP price for two adults isn't bad, and there are a couple things on the menu that appeal to me. I would not ever spend 2 dining plan credits on it though.

Yes on this. With a TIW discount, I actually think this is reasonably priced. This menu appeals to me more than the previous menu. I haven’t found an MK table service restaurant that appeals to me. This could be a first. And maybe making this a 2 TS credit will tamp down the masses.

I don't think the price is that bad either for that amount of food.

I do think the children's price is a bit much though. My kids can eat a full adult meal now, but I would have had a hard time with that price when they couldn't. Especially for something that isn't a full character meal

We are going beginning of May and have dinner ADR there. We ate there on our first trip last year but DS2 got sick, threw up (stomach flu, not from the food), and we had to leave w/o seeing Beast. From what I remember the food was good.

I'm actually very excited about the new menu. We, as a family, love that style food and the price seems on point for Disney prices. Newbie that I am, it would never occur to me that it would be ok to just go there for a cupcake but I guess it's a thing. If I'm looking to get an advantage with an ADR, character meet or PPO, I will still try to book a place that I would actually eat at rather than just get the perk. I told DH we may have to book another trip so we can have the new menu or beg them in May to let us "sample" :cool1:

If I could just not pay for my 10 year old DD, I'd definitely do it. My DS would love whatever that fish/crab dish is in the picture. It costs us close to $100 to eat at Chili's (which we ONLY do when DD has some super-special thing and gets to pick the restaurant) and well over that for our favorite sushi place.

Yes on this. With a TIW discount, I actually think this is reasonably priced. This menu appeals to me more than the previous menu. I haven’t found an MK table service restaurant that appeals to me. This could be a first. And maybe making this a 2 TS credit will tamp down the masses.

Be curious to see if it will be included.

Same here! I am quite excited about this change! Love the wine list too. My husband and I have enjoyed several dinners here and I’m sure we will enjoy this in October. Should be easier to book now.

I’d love this if I didn’t have kids. My son will be almost 3 when we go and routinely polishes off kids’ meals wherever we go. I realize he could share off my plate, but I’m not sure how appealing the new entrees would be to most young kids. I’m sure as heck not paying $35 for a meal for him! That’s a really rough price point on the kids meals for a non-character (except for the Beast, who doesn’t greet tableside) meal, IMO.

Is this in addition to the current menu or is it instead of?

Kelly on February 21, 2018 at 12:06 pm
  • Hi Kelly! This experience will be replacing the current dinner menu.

Alex Dunlap on February 21, 2018 at 2:11 pm
It just wouldn't make sense otherwise.

I don't think this is going to make dinner easier to get, actually. There are a limited number of available dining seats for the meal. Park volume on even a mythical lower-crowd day is well in excess of the demand for most of the TS seats (with maybe the exception of Skipper Canteen, because "the food is just too weird!!!!").

You want to have dinner in a castle? Make the food castle food.

I don't mind the prix fixe change (we've always eaten meals when we had dinner there, anyway), but the price jump/change to 2 credits takes it off the table for me. I just don't see it being worth that much.

I'll keep going for lunch and hope this dinner change doesn't work out and they at least scale it back to a 1 credit meal (prix fixe or not).

DW: “It’s not the new prices. Well, it is the prices. More importantly, there’s nothing on the new menu I would like. Certainly nothing the kids’ll eat. Certainly nothing they’ll eat that justifies that price.

For that price, we’ll just put them in kids club and go to CG. No, wait. They killed kids club, too!”

But they haven't even published the kids menu yet, right? Or did I miss that? I'm guessing that it will be a $35 mac & cheese dinner :worried:

Be curious to see if it will be included.

BOG dinner is currently included under TIW, as are all the CRT meals, so I’m hopeful they leave it. We’re not going until August, so they can take it away after that if they’d like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter