Prix fixe at BOG

Cupcake atm, LOL... Actually, not a bad idea. Have a selection of all the cupcakes, along with bottled waters, coffees, or juices, for $10 each. Have a FP and a standby line for it also!

Sprinkles at DS has a cupcake ATM. It has been popular when we've walked by it.

I totally understand the reasoning for the change... and last year we would have just paid it, but now DD will be 10. She will never, ever, eat $55 worth of food. We've already eliminated most buffets for the next few years, but BOG was on the list because we could order a kid's meal for her off the menu. I don't mind paying that much for the rest of us, especially DS - I just wish there was a way around the fixed price menus for kids in the 10-13 age range who want to eat off the kid's menu.

The menu preview on the Disney parks blog would not fly with my family. 2 kids are Disney adults and two more will be next year. Not worth the price for a meal no one will eat.

I'm so glad for this change! Maybe now I'll get a reservation so we can actually sit down and eat a meal instead of the slots being all gobbled up by people only ordering a cupcake. They need a cupcake ATM or something on the side of the castle for those folks. I'm sure the servers love this new idea.
Exactly.

Problem is, people want to see inside and ordering from an ATM won't get them inside.

Seems like Disney is onto those making reservations just to see the castle. When people can't play nice, Disney can change the game.

I'm so glad for this change! Maybe now I'll get a reservation so we can actually sit down and eat a meal instead of the slots being all gobbled up by people only ordering a cupcake. They need a cupcake ATM or something on the side of the castle for those folks. I'm sure the servers love this new idea.

Since the whole point of the cupcake reservations was to get inside the restaurant, a cupcake ATM outside wouldn't be any help.

I think this takes BOG dinner off our list. And I'm really going to miss the truffle mayo that came with the steak.

They really need to clarify the details on this; most importantly, will this be for everyone, or just an option? If it's just an option, I can't imagine anyone going for it - why would you use two DDP credits when you can use one and get a similar meal?! If it is for everyone, then at least ADRs should be much easier to get in the future!

I'm probably in the minority, but I can understand them getting fed up with people making a dinner reservation just to sit at the table and order a cupcake (and I feel sorry for those servers!) I know it was always allowed, but it's not something that's done to this extent in any other restaurant (as far as I know.) I assumed that at some point this would happen with breakfast, because it seems like the majority of people make the PPO ADR just to have a cupcake and ride SDMT, but I didn't think they would go to this at dinner.

I'm curious to hear more details.

Exactly ! Just think about how much less tip money servers receive with people ordering a cupcake and a glass of water . I’m excited I think it will make BOG more special and hopefully easier to get reservations .

Exactly.

Problem is, people want to see inside and ordering from an ATM won't get them inside.

Seems like Disney is onto those making reservations just to see the castle. When people can't play nice, Disney can change the game.

It's about time IMO. I have never seen a problem with guests booking with the intention of simply ordering a cupcake and a glass of water since Disney allows that proactice, however I could never understand why Disney ever began allowing it. BOG breakfast opened with a fixed price menu and day one Disney tossed that practice out the door. They even added an ala carte cupcake to the menu for those who wanted a cupcake and coffee. Restaurants are in business to not only serve food, but to make a profit on the sales of the food. BOG had to do somethign drastic to control the out of control adr's debacle that it finds itself in.

I wonder how long it will be before they change breakfast and lunch to prix fixe.

At this point, you can still order a cupcake and water to split among you and your friends.

You miss the Beast, but you still get a look in the castle.

Very true.

DD has requested this as one of her must do's next trip. I'm willing to pay prix fixe for either lunch or dinner. I don't think the price is THAT bad for what you get and DD is my more adventurous eater. Also since it's just us two I can stomach the price. I hope it stays QS for lunch but if it doesn't we will probably still do lunch.

I'll try it once at prix fixe and if the food is actually GOOD I'll go back. If it's another CRT with the food I won't do it again.

If there are characters that come to the tables, this might still be on our radar. My DS loved meeting "Bellerina" (that's what he called her:love:) on our last trip. However, I really hope they have more options on the menu. We love being more adventurous with our dining choices & the entree options (and accompanying pictures) seem a little boring.

I don’t think the OOP cost is bad compared to other fixed menus but I would definitely not use DDP for it ..

This is correct but it will be interesting to see how this plays out long term ...

I suppose it's not bad compared to some other restaurants, especially since one draw of this is to see the inside ... like CRT. BUT we do have the option of seeing BOG inside for MUCH less, including the cost of a cupcake during breakfast and lunch. So other than a new menu and beast - will there really be that big of a draw to eat dinner there?

Could it be they find that the demand for the early meals, where folks can spend much less, will now become close to impossible to get, and the overflow not booking the dinner? I would love to see breakfast go legit prix fixe, everyone pays. If they do then the price point can come down because those eating won't be covering the cost for those not eating.

Last edited:
Disney confirms the change to 2 table service credits on its blog. (It is not mentioned in the article, but stated in the "comments" section as reply. It does not answer the question as to whether or not this will take the place of a regular menu, but I'd say that is implied. I can't imagine that guests will have the option of using 1 or 2 table service credits.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...experience-coming-to-be-our-guest-restaurant/

We have eaten lunch at BOG every trip - sometimes twice - and have always been amazed that Disney allowed buying a token app or dessert for a table of 4. Not surprised at all about this change, just wondered why it took so long! Would look for breakfast/lunch to change also.

When our favorite braised pork entree went from $13+ to $18+ (a few years ago) we'd decided we'd about had enough of going there anyway. Didn't even try for a ressie for our April trip.

We have eaten lunch at BOG every trip - sometimes twice - and have always been amazed that Disney allowed buying a token app or dessert for a table of 4. Not surprised at all about this change, just wondered why it took so long! Would look for breakfast/lunch to change also.

When our favorite braised pork entree went from $13+ to $18+ (a few years ago) we'd decided we'd about had enough of going there anyway. Didn't even try for a ressie for our April trip.

Agree and US exactly. Lunch was our lunch spot in MK. That jump in the pork .... I can go to a TS with TiW and get an overall better meal/experience for about the same price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter