**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

If that's my only choice, I'll have to figure something out. Granted I have a week after the race also in the parks, so I'm not too concerned, but I'm also trying to balance other things to do, including a day at Universal for Harry Potter and a hopeful evening at Animal Kingdom. That said, as much as I love the Harry Potter story, I grew up on Star Wars. I would never run a Harry Potter race "for fun" but Star Wars had me not only running, but signing up for the Rebel Challenge. So if I had to skip something, I would skip Universal. Which would probably make Disney happy.

Do you plan on going to the park during the day time? do you have hoppers?
You could watch the JBJB in the general viewing area and then do the special SWGN party
That is the plan if we do the special event. :)
We do have hoppers through the 16th. We are at CBR 11th - 16th and then the night of the 16th we are at BW in Disney Springs.
We are planning on SWAGS (now JBJB) on the 13th. (Doing the party if not the event). If we do the event on the 17th, we will have to stay another night.
I have gone ahead and booked another night at BW in DS just in case, but since we are driving home and are a group of 3 families we all have to agree. ;)

Funny things is, the Nov. Dec. Jan. dates don't even show up on the HUB yet :D
It wouldn't be too hard to funnel people from Club Villain out of the park.
I agree, just seems odd to me that they would hold the special event the same time they were holding another special event Especially with the park scheduled to close at 7 now that night. Of course, in true Disney fashion, they could always cancel the reservations for the later show once (if?) the other event is ever made public!

Hello! I am hoping for some advice about the SWaGS fireworks show. We have only 3 days at Disney, 11/8-11/10 (and it is probably a one-time trip). When I planned our park days, I had us at DHS on 11/8 and there were no fireworks shows planned for any days we were there. Now they have added one the following night, 11/9. We are not parade/show people, really, but I would like to see this.

The problem is, we have our hard-to-get FEA FP+ from 5-6, and will already have park-hopped once from AK to EP that day. I think if we are able to do our FP right at 5, we might be able to make it as DHS is not far from Epcot. But, I’m not sure if the hassle is worth it for a 15-minute show? My kids are 6 and 10 so they may just be too tired. I am really hoping to try to get FEA in with EMH the night before so we don't have to deal with that inconvenient FP+ time, but I want to have alternative plans.

Thanks!

Hello! I am hoping for some advice about the SWaGS fireworks show. We have only 3 days at Disney, 11/8-11/10 (and it is probably a one-time trip). When I planned our park days, I had us at DHS on 11/8 and there were no fireworks shows planned for any days we were there. Now they have added one the following night, 11/9. We are not parade/show people, really, but I would like to see this.

The problem is, we have our hard-to-get FEA FP+ from 5-6, and will already have park-hopped once from AK to EP that day. I think if we are able to do our FP right at 5, we might be able to make it as DHS is not far from Epcot. But, I’m not sure if the hassle is worth it for a 15-minute show? My kids are 6 and 10 so they may just be too tired. I am really hoping to try to get FEA in with EMH the night before so we don't have to deal with that inconvenient FP+ time, but I want to have alternative plans.

Thanks!
Only you know your family and how much they can do, let's say that you are at FEA at 4:55 for your fp. You will out of the ride around 5:20pm. Then I would recommend walking to International Gateway and taking the boat too DHS or if kids are in strollers and you want to walk, walk over too DHS, both should take about 20 minutes. You will probably arrive at DHS around 6ish. SWaGS is at 6:45pm not sure how great of spots you'll be able to get
It's a lot of hassle but doable

Only you know your family and how much they can do, let's say that you are at FEA at 4:55 for your fp. You will out of the ride around 5:20pm. Then I would recommend walking to International Gateway and taking the boat too DHS or if kids are in strollers and you want to walk, walk over too DHS, both should take about 20 minutes. You will probably arrive at DHS around 6ish. SWaGS is at 6:45pm not sure how great of spots you'll be able to get
It's a lot of hassle but doable

Thank you for the reply! I realize we probably wouldn't get great spots, but I don't know that my family would want to stake out a spot for a long time, either. I guess we will go with the flow and see how we feel that night. Would hate to miss it if it is really amazing.

Thank you for the reply! I realize we probably wouldn't get great spots, but I don't know that my family would want to stake out a spot for a long time, either. I guess we will go with the flow and see how we feel that night. Would hate to miss it if it is really amazing.
maybe you can do FEA on your EMH night, that would free up some time, Let us know how it works out

I also was hoping for some advice. I have an ADR at 50's prime time at 6:20pm. SWaGS is scheduled for 8pm on our night. If we arrived early to 50's prime time in hopes of getting sat right at 6:20, would this leave enough time to get out and get a good spot for SWaGS? I was also considering that one of us could head out into the viewing area early and skip dessert. What does everybody think about timing and ability to get a good viewing location?

I also was hoping for some advice. I have an ADR at 50's prime time at 6:20pm. SWaGS is scheduled for 8pm on our night. If we arrived early to 50's prime time in hopes of getting sat right at 6:20, would this leave enough time to get out and get a good spot for SWaGS? I was also considering that one of us could head out into the viewing area early and skip dessert. What does everybody think about timing and ability to get a good viewing location?
the best spots are taken about an hour and a half before the show. You can show up and wait for everyone to move forward in the front viewing and then just hang back by the tape that marks the walkway. I think you should be fine if you are seated by 6:20pm

the best spots are taken about an hour and a half before the show. You can show up and wait for everyone to move forward in the front viewing and then just hang back by the tape that marks the walkway. I think you should be fine if you are seated by 6:20pm

Thanks. I'm going to try to move the ADR up a bit if possible. I missed my Touring Plans alert last night. Where would the tape that marks the walkway be?

@tonyhb12 to give you a visual
Here's the walkway, you can see the Hyperion Theater in the distance, the chinese theater is on the right. These are the best spots, where the red strollers are
13645118_10210219256143623_8269766534197474067_n.jpg

in front of this walkway is a second viewing spot. In this next picture the second viewing spot is right in front of the walkway, chinese theater is behind me in this one. Best spot, along the tape. where the family is sitting on the ground and that other red stroller
13775827_10210198946835903_6714742467122132047_n.jpg

Now what happens is that about 15 minutes before the show the CM asks everyone to stand up and move forward, that's your chance to grab a spot along the tape and DON'T MOVE FORWARD, they do this to have more space for people looking for a last minute spot

we should call that trick the Andyman trick since I'm the one that alerted everyone to it :)
can't wait to come back to the world. we had a couple of back to back trips but now no trip until january - hopefully SW show will be back by then :0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter