**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

This is showing up on Disney Dining website...

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party will be closed due to seasonal holiday entertainment from November 14 through December 31, 2016. Please check back later for updates. In the meantime, enjoy these other Star Wars experiences.

So does that mean no SWaGS dessert party on New Year's Eve?? I though SW was returning on NYE. So confused.

This is showing up on Disney Dining website...

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party will be closed due to seasonal holiday entertainment from November 14 through December 31, 2016. Please check back later for updates. In the meantime, enjoy these other Star Wars experiences.

So does that mean no SWaGS dessert party on New Year's Eve?? I though SW was returning on NYE. So confused.
Everything that I have read indicates that SWaGS will return on NYE to ring in the new year. I'm not sure if there will be a dessert party that night but the show itself should return Dec. 31st

My sense is that the dessert party will resume when regularly scheduled performances of SWaGS resume. My guess is that with everything else going on, there will likely be no SW dessert party on NYE to accompany the SWaGS performance.
I agree with this. They will probably want 't to give more space for the show
Now will there be a desert party for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam?

As the JBJB show is scheduled through Dec 31, if we take the announcement below literally, then yes, there will be a dessert party on the 31st.

"More holiday cheer is in store for Guests who book a new dessert party that will be offered nightly during the show’s run. Beginning one hour before each performance of Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!"
Fingers crossed!!!

As the JBJB show is scheduled through Dec 31, if we take the announcement below literally, then yes, there will be a dessert party on the 31st.

"More holiday cheer is in store for Guests who book a new dessert party that will be offered nightly during the show’s run. Beginning one hour before each performance of Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!"

Than again we already know there are exceptions to this - no dessert party on November 16th/17th but the show is still running.

Just posted this on another thread but wanted to share here too in reference to JTA sign ups and PPO breakfasts:

We just signed up. We had 8:10 at H&V for the littles. We got to HS just before 8am. When we checked in DS8 asked about JTA and we were directed to the sign ups. 2 people in front of us. We got the 10 (10:10?) show (arrive at 9:40). We also got 2 FPs good for 5 people for our group of 6. We are now eating breakfast and not stressed about sign ups, just all the noise :rotfl:

ETA: ODS did end up on the line on the right of the CM and did fight Vader. They lined kids up shortest to tallest in BOTH rows so height wise there was an equal chance. I wasn't with him when they arrived so I'm not sure how he got the right line yet.

Last edited:
Well just answering a question about Fantasmic! on another thread I found something interesting...F! is not schedule to play on April 13,14,15...guess when is Star Wars Celebration next year? 13th through the 16th...interesting, yes?
The park is closing at 8pm every night of April, but those 3 days it's closing at 7pm
Maybe that's why they are calling the event that's supposed to happen Dec. 17th Star Wars Galactic Nights
I am clearly bored and love conspiracy theories and rumors

man ... I was out of town last week and just now discovered the show/dessert party is not happening during our Thanksgiving week trip.
I kept two evenings without plans in hopes that the show would be on at least one of them.
But the good news, we now have two free nights for random, spontaneous fun ... not that pre-planned, well-organized fun! :rotfl2:

Any recommendation on night time activities to check out at HS, EP or Disney Springs? (we have the MK nighttime well in hand)
thnx in advance!

I was there for the October 15th show. It started late and the ending was very disappointing . There is supposed to be a beam of blue light coming out at the top butt nothing happened. I was sure something was off and indeed ... I watched the show on YouTube and there is a beam indeed . It was my one and only occasion to watch the show. Very sad ...

I was there for the October 15th show. It started late and the ending was very disappointing . There is supposed to be a beam of blue light coming out at the top butt nothing happened. I was sure something was off and indeed ... I watched the show on YouTube and there is a beam indeed . It was my one and only occasion to watch the show. Very sad ...
I was there that same night, yeah the beam didn't go off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter