Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

We have a 9:15 AM ADR at Kona this upcoming Saturday, and I wanted to see if there's any noticeable difference between our two monorail options. We wound up accidentally spending an insane amount of time riding the resort monorail on our honeymoon a few years back, so I want to make sure I don't mess this up this time.

We're staying at OKW, so I know the first leg of our journey is to take a bus to MK. Is there a time advantage to taking the express monorail line to the TTC and then walking to the Poly (I saw this mentioned a few posts back and it got me thinking), or is it better to take the resort line from MK to the Poly?

And just to be on the safe side, we're heading to Epcot after breakfast, so the best thing is to walk to the TTC to take the Epcot monorail line? (This was what I messed up on a couple of years ago, haha!) I know that there's a 10K at Epcot that morning, but I'm hoping that by the time we're traveling, extra crowds shouldn't be an issue, right? Thanks!

We have a 9:15 AM ADR at Kona this upcoming Saturday, and I wanted to see if there's any noticeable difference between our two monorail options. We wound up accidentally spending an insane amount of time riding the resort monorail on our honeymoon a few years back, so I want to make sure I don't mess this up this time.

We're staying at OKW, so I know the first leg of our journey is to take a bus to MK. Is there a time advantage to taking the express monorail line to the TTC and then walking to the Poly (I saw this mentioned a few posts back and it got me thinking), or is it better to take the resort line from MK to the Poly?

And just to be on the safe side, we're heading to Epcot after breakfast, so the best thing is to walk to the TTC to take the Epcot monorail line? (This was what I messed up on a couple of years ago, haha!) I know that there's a 10K at Epcot that morning, but I'm hoping that by the time we're traveling, extra crowds shouldn't be an issue, right? Thanks!
I would just take the resort monorail from MK to the Polynesian. It's going to be pretty much a draw if you take the express and then walk back to the Polynesian. And yes, the best thing is to walk over to the TTC after breakfast. The walk is very pleasant...good way to work off that Tonga Toast or Pineapple/Macadamia Nut Pancakes!! The crowds shouldn't be too bad by the time you get there. The runners usually just return to their resorts to freshen up.

How u get from AOA to the Boardwalk? I have a ADR for 10:30am at Tattoria al Forno for breakfast. Then we're heading to HS.

How u get from AOA to the Boardwalk? I have a ADR for 10:30am at Tattoria al Forno for breakfast. Then we're heading to HS.

Take the bus to HS. Then either take the boat or walk to Boardwalk, down the path. The path is to the right of the lake (so you are walking down the path with the lake on your left).

It's about a 20 min walk, and is almost always faster than the boat, unless you get to the boat just before it leaves.

Take the bus to HS. Then either take the boat or walk to Boardwalk, down the path. The path is to the right of the lake (so you are walking down the path with the lake on your left).

It's about a 20 min walk, and is almost always faster than the boat, unless you get to the boat just before it leaves.
Thanks!:flower1:

....unless you have knees like MINE! :lmao:

What is the deal with getting from a resort to Typhoon Lagoon? The last time we went was in 2015 when we could take a bus directly from BCV to TL, but I know they added something about having to go to DTD first but possibly only at certain times of day?

I was just going to ask the same thing - how to get to Typhoon Lagoon! Is it still a direct bus to TL before 11 am? And then coming back we have to switch at Disney Springs? We are staying at the Poly.

Quote:"Take the bus to HS. Then either take the boat or walk to Boardwalk, down the path. The path is to the right of the lake (so you are walking down the path with the lake on your left).

It's about a 20 min walk, and is almost always faster than the boat, unless you get to the boat just before it leaves."

I'm wondering how this would work in the early am. Would the buses be running early enough to get to HS in enough time to walk to Boardwalk for a 7:40 ADR?
We're staying at CR, so I also was wondering if it would be faster to walk over to the MK bus loop and board the bus returning to Boardwalk Inn -- but I wasn't sure if this would work that early in the am.
Thanks!!

Quote:"Take the bus to HS. Then either take the boat or walk to Boardwalk, down the path. The path is to the right of the lake (so you are walking down the path with the lake on your left).

It's about a 20 min walk, and is almost always faster than the boat, unless you get to the boat just before it leaves."

I'm wondering how this would work in the early am. Would the buses be running early enough to get to HS in enough time to walk to Boardwalk for a 7:40 ADR?
We're staying at CR, so I also was wondering if it would be faster to walk over to the MK bus loop and board the bus returning to Boardwalk Inn -- but I wasn't sure if this would work that early in the am.
Thanks!!

Buses start running at 6:30 every morning.

Don't forget you can catch the ferry boat to the TTC or the water taxi directly to Poly from MK. Personally I would take the water taxi and enjoy a nice little boat ride.

Thanks!!
Either route would work, but you'd need to ask for assistance.
  1. Buses should be running to DHS starting around 6:30-6:45, but boats won't be running from DHS to BW. Unless you want to walk, you'd have to tell the bus driver to DHS where you are going. They should either drop you off at BW, or arrange for a special bus from DHS to BW.
  2. Similarly, buses don't run regularly from MK to the resorts at that hour, but one will be provided. You'd need to contact a cm on the bus platform or ask an arriving bus driver to request a bus for you.

.....And just to be on the safe side, we're heading to Epcot after breakfast, so the best thing is to walk to the TTC to take the Epcot monorail line? (This was what I messed up on a couple of years ago, haha!) I know that there's a 10K at Epcot that morning, but I'm hoping that by the time we're traveling, extra crowds shouldn't be an issue, right? Thanks!
....it's a weekend AND an event is taking place - allow for extra time....

A few months ago I seem to recall hearing there was some new way to get from Park to Park with something where you paid extra but you were picked up and dropped off inside the park avoiding the wait at the gate. Was that for real or was it just a test?

How much time should I allow to take the monorail from the Contemporary to EPCOT to be there in time for 9am park opening?

How much time does it take to walk from the MK entrance to BOG? ADR at 8:25am and I'm not sure what time to arrive at the park.

To get to DHS from the Contemporary we take a bus right? It's way too time consuming to take the monorail to EPCOT, walk thru the park, thru WS and all the way to one of the EPCOT resorts to catch the boat. Amiright?

I can walk from BLT to MK can't I? How long does it take?

Last edited:
A few months ago I seem to recall hearing there was some new way to get from Park to Park with something where you paid extra but you were picked up and dropped off inside the park avoiding the wait at the gate. Was that for real or was it just a test?
Yes, it's call Express Transportation. It's still there, in fact, Disney just raised the price on it from $15 a day, to $19 a day, or $25 a week to $29 a week.

How much time should I allow to take the monorail from the Contemporary to EPCOT to be there in time for 9am park opening?

How much time does it take to walk from the MK entrance to BOG? ADR at 8:25am and I'm not sure what time to arrive at the park.

To get to DHS from the Contemporary we take a bus right? It's way too time consuming to take the monorail to EPCOT, walk thru the park, thru WS and all the way to one of the EPCOT resorts to catch the boat. Amiright?

I can walk from BLT to MK can't I? How long does it take?
1. To get there for rope drop, I would leave the CR around 7:45-8. You have to wait for the monorail at the CR, ride to TTC, move over to the Epcot line, wait for that, then ride to Epcot, off and thru security and tap points. There's a lot of 'ifs' there.

2. For an 8:25am ADR, I would be at MK by 8:00. It takes about 10-13 mins to get back to BoG.

3. Yes, take the bus. You would need to plan on it taking at least 90 mins if you took the monorail!!

4. Absolutely! The walk is about 10 mins, depending on your pace. I do it in about 8 mins, those with little ones take a bit longer. Exit BLT, head across the lot as if you are taking the buses, but go right, and onto the sidewalk. Follow that to the street, use the pedestrian crossing signal, then on to MK...very easy and pleasant.

4. Absolutely! The walk is about 10 mins, depending on your pace. I do it in about 8 mins, those with little ones take a bit longer. Exit BLT, head across the lot as if you are taking the buses, but go right, and onto the sidewalk. Follow that to the street, use the pedestrian crossing signal, then on to MK...very easy and pleasant.

Would it be faster to walk from BLT than take the monorail to MK from The Contemporary?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter