Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I have a question I hope someone can help with-if we make 8:00 am Tusker House reservations, and stay at AKL, what time would we need to get on a bus to get to AKL to make it there, through security, and there on time? First trip. Thanks!

Okay guys so I am planning my adrs for upcoming trip. We are staying at the Poly and my DH really wants to eat at Cape May at Beach Club because its his favorite breakfast. So I plan on doing this on our Hollywood Studio day at 8am. So I know in general how to get there but did not know which way would be faster..

1) monorail to MK and bus to beach club
2) bus to hollywood studios and then walk or take boat to beach club
If it were me? I would take the bus to HS, then walk, or boat if that's an option, over to BC. If you head to MK, you have to get over there, then walk to the bus area, then wait for a bus to DHS....they tend to run a bit less frequently early in the morning. If DHS opens at 8, the boats should be up and running. I would take a bus to DHS around 7:30, then head to BC.

I have a question I hope someone can help with-if we make 8:00 am Tusker House reservations, and stay at AKL, what time would we need to get on a bus to get to AKL to make it there, through security, and there on time? First trip. Thanks!
For an 8am ADR at Tusker House, I would plan on leaving AKL around 7. Yes, that sounds early, but early morning buses tend to run less frequently. The latest you should start out would by 7:20ish.

If it were me? I would take the bus to HS, then walk, or boat if that's an option, over to BC. If you head to MK, you have to get over there, then walk to the bus area, then wait for a bus to DHS....they tend to run a bit less frequently early in the morning. If DHS opens at 8, the boats should be up and running. I would take a bus to DHS around 7:30, then head to BC.

For an 8am ADR at Tusker House, I would plan on leaving AKL around 7. Yes, that sounds early, but early morning buses tend to run less frequently. The latest you should start out would by 7:20ish.

Thanks! Actually 7 was my guess, so glad to know it's not earlier, haha!

Any reason the Express Bus service info hasn't made it to page 1? I'm glad I came across the thread in the Theme Parks Strategy forum, but I never would have known about it if I hadn't. Maybe it should be added to page 1 so folks know that the option exists?

Any reason the Express Bus service info hasn't made it to page 1? I'm glad I came across the thread in the Theme Parks Strategy forum, but I never would have known about it if I hadn't. Maybe it should be added to page 1 so folks know that the option exists?
Why? Because I'm waiting to see if it becomes a permanent thing! It's pretty much still on a trial basis. If, and when, Disney makes it permanent, you'll see it over here. Because it's an 'extra' that you have to pay for, and could go away at any time, I'm hesitant to add it here, as a stickyed thread.

My sister and her family will be at SSR, we're at POFQ. Does the DS boat go to both the PO resorts and SSR or just to DS? She has an infant that i wouldn't mind looking after some if transportation isn't too complicated.

My sister and her family will be at SSR, we're at POFQ. Does the DS boat go to both the PO resorts and SSR or just to DS? She has an infant that i wouldn't mind looking after some if transportation isn't too complicated.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you have to go to DS to get the boat to POFQ/POR. There is a boat that runs between DS and SSR, and a boat that runs between DS and POFQ/POR. But, as I said, I'm not 100% sure. Someone here will have a more concrete answer.
Just found this...

• Yellow Flags, departing from the new Disney Springs Marketplace dock (right-hand queue line): Sassagoula River Cruise service for Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort and Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort.
  • Blue Flags, departing from the central dock at The Landing: Service for Disney’s Saratoga Springs DVC Resort & Spa, including the Treehouse Villas.
  • Green Flags, also departing from the dock at The Landing: Service for Disney’s Old Key West DVC Resort.
  • Red Flags: Internal Disney Springs water taxi, circular route running from the Marketplace dock (next to the Rainforest Café) over to the West Side dock (opposite Cirque du Soleil) and then back via the Landing dock (near to the Characters in Flight balloon).

There isn't direct boat service between SSR and the PO resorts, if that's what you're asking. You'd have to transfer at DS.

Hi all, I'm hoping for a bit of help on how to get from Shades of Green to Hollywood Studios February 26th, which is the princess half marathon... I want to get there at about 7:50 for EMH but really have no idea how it's going to work. The shades of green busses won't be running, I know I can walk over to the Poly but I doubt they will have busses running to Hollywood Studios because of the marathon. Initially I thought maybe I could take the monorail to the TTC and then go from there, but will the busses be running from the TTC to Hollywood Studios that early on the day of the half marathon?

Hi all, I'm hoping for a bit of help on how to get from Shades of Green to Hollywood Studios February 26th, which is the princess half marathon... I want to get there at about 7:50 for EMH but really have no idea how it's going to work. The shades of green busses won't be running, I know I can walk over to the Poly but I doubt they will have busses running to Hollywood Studios because of the marathon. Initially I thought maybe I could take the monorail to the TTC and then go from there, but will the busses be running from the TTC to Hollywood Studios that early on the day of the half marathon?
This (your last sentence) is how transportation to the parks for monorail resort guests has been handled in the past. The Resort Monorail should be running, or you can continue walking from Poly to TTC. I don't know what time buses to DHS will start from TTC, but I would expect they'd start at the same time buses would normally start from the resorts if the roads were open (around 6:30).

There will be lots of Transportation cm's at TTC to assist that morning. During races, buses usually run from the parking lot tram area.

Allow extra time in case things aren't running as we expect. Even if they are, buses may be delayed getting into TTC, and will have to take a long route to get to DHS.

Last edited:
This (your last sentence) is how transportation to the parks for monorail resort guests has been handled in the past. The Resort Monorail should be running, or you can continue walking from Poly to TTC. I don't know what time buses to DHS will start from TTC, but I would expect they'd start at the same time buses would normally start from the resorts if the roads were open (around 6:30).

There will be lots of Transportation cm's at TTC to assist that morning. During races, buses usually run from the parking lot tram area.

Allow extra time in case things aren't running as we expect. Even if they are, buses may be delayed getting into TTC, and will have to take a long route to get to DHS.

Thanks, I've never done the walk from the Poly to the TTC, but I might give that a try, It doesn't appear to be too long of a walk and walking through the grounds of the Poly is always really nice!

Hi! Can someone please advise the best route from Poly to Boardwalk while traveling with an ECV (1)? Is there a faster route than taking the monorail from Poly to MK and then taking a bus from MK to Boardwalk? My wife and I will be staying at Boardwalk and are trying to figure out the best way to get back there after attending an early performance of the Aloha Luau. Thanks!!!

Hi! Can someone please advise the best route from Poly to Boardwalk while traveling with an ECV (1)? Is there a faster route than taking the monorail from Poly to MK and then taking a bus from MK to Boardwalk? My wife and I will be staying at Boardwalk and are trying to figure out the best way to get back there after attending an early performance of the Aloha Luau. Thanks!!!
That's going to be your best option unless you want to walk through Epcot.

I hope I'm not asking anything too simplistic, but I am just wondering the best way to get from CR to Kona for 7:30 breakfast, and from Kona to Epcot in time for rope drop. Is it just the monorail in both instances?

I hope I'm not asking anything too simplistic, but I am just wondering the best way to get from CR to Kona for 7:30 breakfast, and from Kona to Epcot in time for rope drop. Is it just the monorail in both instances?
Basically, yes. But...that's cutting it close. I've never been seated on time at Kona, not even early in the morning! Then, you'll be there for at least 45 mins. Then, leave Kona and walk back to the monorail station (about 10 min walk), wait for an Epcot car to come (1-15 mins), ride to Epcot (10-15 mins).

Then, leave Kona and walk back to the monorail station (about 10 min walk), wait for an Epcot car to come (1-15 mins), ride to Epcot (10-15 mins).
Just to clarify:

That would be the TTC, not the Poly monorail station.

You could take the Resort Monorail from the Poly to the TTC, but it would likely add 5-15 minutes to the travel time.

Basically, yes. But...that's cutting it close. I've never been seated on time at Kona, not even early in the morning! Then, you'll be there for at least 45 mins. Then, leave Kona and walk back to the monorail station (about 10 min walk), wait for an Epcot car to come (1-15 mins), ride to Epcot (10-15 mins).

Just to clarify:

That would be the TTC, not the Poly monorail station.

You could take the Resort Monorail from the Poly to the TTC, but it would likely add 5-15 minutes to the travel time.

Ok, thanks! Good to know that the TTC is a short walk away and that by walking there we'd save a few minutes. We'll try to be realistic and not count on being at Epcot for RD and will likely have a bit of wait at Soarin', though hopefully not crazy long :)

I wonder about switching our ADR to Captain's Grille on our Epcot morning. How would we get from CR to CG for a 7:30 reservation?

I wonder about switching our ADR to Captain's Grille on our Epcot morning. How would we get from CR to CG for a 7:30 reservation?
You could take a bus to DHS and then walk over. The walk would take about 15-20 mins tho. I would just get a cab, or Uber. I will say that I much prefer Kina to CG, but that's just my opinion!

You could take a bus to DHS and then walk over. The walk would take about 15-20 mins tho. I would just get a cab, or Uber. I will say that I much prefer Kina to CG, but that's just my opinion!

If you take the bus, be at the bus stop by 6:25 so you can catch the first bus, which will probably be between 6:30-6:50. Tell the driver where you are going to breakfast; they might offer to drop you at the resort (or not.) If they don't, you can ask as you get off the bus at DHS whether they can get you a bus to YC. There are buses going from DHS to YC at that hour to pick up Guests; they're just not set up to take Guests to the resort, but should be happy to do so if you can find one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter