Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Kidani to Narcoossee's and Artist Point (2 separate nights) with 6 adults. Should I take the time to bus it to MK and then monorail/boat or is an Uber ride worth the price of getting there in less than 25mins? I've never used Uber in Disney but am totally open to it if saves us time this trip. TIA :)
First off, WL is not on the monorail. From MK to WL, the options are bus or boat.

Recommended allowance for a trip involving a transfer is 90 minutes, so Uber definitely will save you time. I would allow 10 minutes for a car to arrive and 20 minutes travel time, plus any buffer you want to allow between your arrival & your reservation time. Whether it's worth the cost is your decision.

With 6 adults, you need to request the larger vehicle: UberXL or Lyft Plus, so factor that in if you're looking at fare estimates.

Does anyone know how we can get to the TTC from Pop at around 8:00am? Considering catching the Lynx bus from the TTC to Sea World. Thanks :thumbsup2

Does anyone know how we can get to the TTC from Pop at around 8:00am? Considering catching the Lynx bus from the TTC to Sea World. Thanks :thumbsup2
Take the bus to the MK around 7am. Then take the Resort Monorail to TTC, if it's running. If the Resort Monorail is not running, ask a bus cm at MK how to get to TTC. You could also tell the driver of the bus to MK that you're going to TTC, and ask if they can drop you off there.

Take the bus to the MK around 7am. Then take the Resort Monorail to TTC, if it's running. If the Resort Monorail is not running, ask a bus cm at MK how to get to TTC. You could also tell the driver of the bus to MK that you're going to TTC, and ask if they can drop you off there.

This is very helpful, thanks :thumbsup2.

How do the buses work going to the water parks? One morning we will be at the Poly for breakfast and then heading to Blizzard Beach. Another morning we will be going from Pop Century to Typhoon Lagoon. I'm getting confused on how these bus routes are working for the water parks. I had heard that the buses all go through Disney Springs first then to the water parks. Is that correct? How long would you estimate that will take to get from point A to point B? TIA!

Yes this is true. Pop shares its bus line Typhoon/DS and Poly shares its bus line AK/BB. All the water parks share a stop this way. They do tend to take a little longer than the other buses, but its not that bad. 15-35mins I would estimate. Hope this helps :)

EDIT: sorry, 15-35 to WAIT for a bus and then anywhere from 35-65mins to GET to the water park

I've been trying to find a transit map that shows what busses go where. Does such a thing exist? i.e. Boardwalk->Disney Springs->PO, or whatever.

While I'm at it, I was trying to find out the routing for busses to/from Disney Springs and Boardwalk Inn. Somewhere I was told that there are multiple stops on the way, but if it's a ton of stops, we'll have to plan for the excess time. Thanks!

Yes this is true. Pop shares its bus line Typhoon/DS and Poly shares its bus line AK/BB. All the water parks share a stop this way. They do tend to take a little longer than the other buses, but its not that bad. 15-35mins I would estimate. Hope this helps :)

EDIT: sorry, 15-35 to WAIT for a bus and then anywhere from 35-65mins to GET to the water park
Thank you so much for this info!! This does help tremendously!

I've been trying to find a transit map that shows what busses go where. Does such a thing exist? i.e. Boardwalk->Disney Springs->PO, or whatever.

While I'm at it, I was trying to find out the routing for busses to/from Disney Springs and Boardwalk Inn. Somewhere I was told that there are multiple stops on the way, but if it's a ton of stops, we'll have to plan for the excess time. Thanks!
Disney buses don't run on a set schedule or fixed route. Doing so would open them up to all kinds of federal requirements.

Generally speaking, there will be a bus from every resort to every park plus Disney Springs. Some buses will travel to multiple destinations (the Hollywood Studios bus might also stop at a water park, for example), and some buses may pick up at multiple resorts. The problem is, all of that can change based on the day, or even the time of day.

Ahh, okay, that's helpful. Online it says you may have to make connections, so I wondered if there was a way to figure out if you need a connection if there's no route map.

Generally speaking then, how long does it take to go from Boardwalk to Disney Springs and Disney Springs to Boardwalk. I'm assuming a bus goes every 20 minutes, but I wonder if it typically goes to multiple resorts.

Ahh, okay, that's helpful. Online it says you may have to make connections, so I wondered if there was a way to figure out if you need a connection if there's no route map.

Generally speaking then, how long does it take to go from Boardwalk to Disney Springs and Disney Springs to Boardwalk. I'm assuming a bus goes every 20 minutes, but I wonder if it typically goes to multiple resorts.

You only have to make connections if you want to go from one resort to another. I would assume that the only other resorts a Boardwalk bus might go to would be YC and/or BC. I would guess the trip from Boardwalk to DS would be about 20 minutes.

Where online?
Disney Official Bus Transportation Page
"Some routes may require you to transfer buses."
Disney Springs buses seem to be less frequent than other buses, at least in my experience.
That's unfortunate. Do you think siskaren is correct about the 20 minutes, and how long do you think it might be between Disney Springs busses (or Boardwalk busses from Disney Springs)?

I now remember the map you linked. That's a good one!

Disney Official Bus Transportation Page
"Some routes may require you to transfer buses."

That's unfortunate. Do you think siskaren is correct about the 20 minutes, and how long do you think it might be between Disney Springs busses (or Boardwalk busses from Disney Springs)?

I now remember the map you linked. That's a good one!

WDWinfo says 30mins between waterpark buses and most resorts share DS with Typhoon Lagoon. BB with AK so I always expect to wait the longest for these two buses and expect the ride for these two buses to be the longest. Under Boardwalk Inn Touring Plans actually recommends using your car to get to the water parks and DS. And from Boardwalk you can catch a lovely boat to BC, Swan, Dolphin, Epcot and HS :)

Goofy4tink, I found this post looking for info about getting throughs the international gateway early. For us specifically, we'll be staying at BWV and have an 8:30 AM FutureWorld tour scheduled.

First call: I happen to ask when I called to book the tour if we would be able to get through the IG at 8 AM and was told no...take a bus from BWV to the front of Epcot. Which seems ridiculous. Didn't book.

2nd call to make sure we could get through IG at 8:30 to do the 9:00 tour. Yes.

3rd call: After discussing with DH, decided to book the 9:00 tour (but we have afternoon MK plans we hope to make...the earlier the tour, the better, but being able to walk through IG is better than taking a bus). Wanted to confirm that we could get through the IG at 8:30 and was told yes, the gate opens at 8 for people with dining reservations. I questioned "even the IG?" He called guest relations to confirm yes, we can get through the IG at 8 AM for dining and tours. Guaranteed me 100% he spoke to someone in the know at GR, and the answer is yes. Booked 8:30 tour.

4th call. Got off the phone feeling uneasy. So I called BWV. I figured they must know, that this situation must come up, no? First person said that if I have a reservation for a tour I SHOULD be able to get in at 8 AM. I said I need to know FOR SURE. She asked someone, and then told me that YES, I can get in through the IG, but that I needed to take the bus there. ??? I tried to explain again, but she talked over me, telling me again to catch the 6 AM bus to the IG, then walk to my reservation. One of the most frustrating conversations with a CM ever. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

5th person (NOT a supervisor): Again, said that I SHOULD be able to get through the IG. Again, I need to know for sure. She called Guest Relations...I heard her end of the conversation. That answer was NO, I can't use the IG...need to take the bus to the front of Epcot. Told her I was guaranteed by Tour department CM, who had also called guest relations. She tried to reach the tour department manager, but couldn't. Supposedly he/she is going to call me back.

Typically, DISers know more than CMs. I have read conflicting experiences tho from posts on the DIS and other sites when I googled the question. I also looked at breakfast times for Epcot restaurants, and they seem to start at 8. Do Epcot resort guests really need to take the bus there for breakfast? And if they CAN get in through the IG, surely tour guests should be able to.

I just don't understand why Disney doesn't have the answer written in stone.

So, yes or no, or in typical Disney fashion, it's hit or miss??

Don't get me started!! You're right. You should be able to get an answer. But, this is Disney. Here's my experience.
Years ago, I booked a Yuletide Fantasy Tour. It left from the front of Epcot. I was staying at BWV. I knew that if I had an early morning ADR, I could enter the IG prior to the park being opened. When I booked the tour, the CM reminded me to be sure to leave about 90 mins to get there. I said I was staying at BWV so it shouldn't be an issue. Nope, he said. Because you aren't going to something inside the park, you can't get in via the IG. Well, I said that it didn't make sense to spend the money for a cab. He checked the hours, saying that if it was an EMH morning there I would be all set. Well, it was. I even got in a ride on Soarin' with friends.
But...just for giggles, 'cause it's what I do, I called back, and asked if I would be able to walk from the IG to the front of the park, if the park wasn't opened yet. Oh yes mam, that don't be an issue at all. Called again...same answer. Ok...two CMs say I can walk through the closed park to get to a tour meeting outside the front of the park. One CM says no, can't do it. So...when I got there, I asked the CMs at the IG...they said no, if my tour didn't meet inside the park, I wouldn't be allowed to enter and walk through.
So...what's the answer? You're probably good to go. Your your is inside the park.
If it were me, I would ask CMs at the IG before you need to get in...maybe the day before. Then you'll have your answer. Hopefully.
First, I want to apologize, goofy4tink, all these months later for not thanking you for your response. I was so aggravated by the runaround I put it all aside out of frustration.

Our trip, and the FutureWorld tour, was last October. We stayed at BWV and asked at guest relations when we checked in if we would be able to get into Epcot via the International Gateway at 8:00 AM for an 8:30 tour on a day when Epcot opened at 9:00. Actually, before the trip, I called Disney DINING and asked about getting in through the IG for an 8 AM ADR when Epcot opened at 9:00 AM and they said of course, no problem. And that was the same response from BWV guest relations, regarding the tour...of course, no problem. And, as it turned out, there was absolutely no problem getting in through the IG at 8 AM.

So, why don't they seem to be able to answer that question definitively when booking a tour? Who knows! When I booked the tour, they asked where we were staying, and guest relations at BWV even said it's right here on your tour reservation that you're staying here, so of course you would be going in through the international gateway. (I swear he said "duh!" in his head. lol)

I just remembered that I still have the almost 2 minute voicemail I got from the tour department the day before the tour, so I listened to it again. She started to tell me to check in at the breakfast line at the front of the park, followed by a long pause, and then "oh, I see here that you're staying at the Boardwalk..." and that I'd probably want to go through the IG, which she again emphasized later in the call, saying the IG would open at about 7:45. So, there ya go. Now, was that so difficult? LOL

First, I want to apologize, goofy4tink, all these months later for not thanking you for your response. I was so aggravated by the runaround I put it all aside out of frustration.

Our trip, and the FutureWorld tour, was last October. We stayed at BWV and asked at guest relations when we checked in if we would be able to get into Epcot via the International Gateway at 8:00 AM for an 8:30 tour on a day when Epcot opened at 9:00. Actually, before the trip, I called Disney DINING and asked about getting in through the IG for an 8 AM ADR when Epcot opened at 9:00 AM and they said of course, no problem. And that was the same response from BWV guest relations, regarding the tour...of course, no problem. And, as it turned out, there was absolutely no problem getting in through the IG at 8 AM.

So, why don't they seem to be able to answer that question definitively when booking a tour? Who knows! When I booked the tour, they asked where we were staying, and guest relations at BWV even said it's right here on your tour reservation that you're staying here, so of course you would be going in through the international gateway. (I swear he said "duh!" in his head. lol)

I just remembered that I still have the almost 2 minute voicemail I got from the tour department the day before the tour, so I listened to it again. She started to tell me to check in at the breakfast line at the front of the park, followed by a long pause, and then "oh, I see here that you're staying at the Boardwalk..." and that I'd probably want to go through the IG, which she again emphasized later in the call, saying the IG would open at about 7:45. So, there ya go. Now, was that so difficult? LOL
No problem!!! I'm glad it all worked out. And it shouldn't be that difficult to get correct info from WDW CMs!!!

How often do the water taxi's go across World Showcase? We will be heading from the back of World Showcase to 'Ohana around 3pm. I'm trying to minimize walking.

How often do the water taxi's go across World Showcase? We will be heading from the back of World Showcase to 'Ohana around 3pm. I'm trying to minimize walking.
I can't say how often they run, but they're much slower than walking.

Darn. Looks like we are walking.
As you're walking near to the dock, just check to see if a boat is heading your way. If one is approaching and is closer to you than to the opposing shore, it probably will get you to the other side at about the same time as walking, give or take 10 minutes.

Okay guys so I am planning my adrs for upcoming trip. We are staying at the Poly and my DH really wants to eat at Cape May at Beach Club because its his favorite breakfast. So I plan on doing this on our Hollywood Studio day at 8am. So I know in general how to get there but did not know which way would be faster..

1) monorail to MK and bus to beach club
2) bus to hollywood studios and then walk or take boat to beach club

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter