Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

We are dropping our pet off at Best Friends Pet Care and then headed to Magic Kingdom. Normally, we only take the bus to MK from whatever resort we are staying at because it is so much easier. What's the best way to get to the MK parking lot from Best Friends (across from Port Orleans)? Was also wondering about just driving over to Port Orleans and parking in the main lot and then just taking the bus from there. We will be checking into Saratoga Springs so we will be onsite guests.
Any insight would be great.

We are dropping our pet off at Best Friends Pet Care and then headed to Magic Kingdom. Normally, we only take the bus to MK from whatever resort we are staying at because it is so much easier. What's the best way to get to the MK parking lot from Best Friends (across from Port Orleans)?
Turn right out of the parking lot, then turn right at the light onto Epcot Center Dr. Move to the left lane quickly, as the right 2 lanes go into Epcot. After you pass the Epcot turn-off, follow the signs to exit right to MK parking.

Thanks! Quick question - do they let people into the park before EMH? Similar to how you can get in for Rope Drop at 830am for a 9am opening?

Also, I am new to this board. How do I change my name?
You can get into the park early if you have an existing ADR, but other than that, probably not.
No way to change your screen name unless you create a new account.

Turn right out of the parking lot, then turn right at the light onto Epcot Center Dr. Move to the left lane quickly, as the right 2 lanes go into Epcot. After you pass the Epcot turn-off, follow the signs to exit right to MK parking.

Thanks - that makes sense. I was thinking of turning left but then realized there is only one direction in which to get into the MK parking lot and that confused me a bit. Thought we were going to have to drive all around in a circle.

What is the best way to get to Disney Springs from Animal Kingdom? Is there a direct bus from Animal Kingdom to Disney Springs???

Hi everyone! We will be staying at Port Orleans - Riverside in a few weeks and want to make it to every morning's EMH that starts at 8am. What time should I leave our resort to get to each park? Will the buses be very slow - we won't have a car but I'm open to using Uber if it'll get us there quick.

Could you help me with letting me know the quickest way to get to each of the 4 parks? Thanks!
It is best to be out at the bus stop at 645am because if you get out there at 7, the first bus may have come and gone already and leave you waiting for the next. There are times when a bus gets too full to add more passengers, and in that case you have to wait for the next bus. If you really want to make rope drop, that extra 15 minutes can be the difference between success and failure.
From POR the bus is the only Disney transportation to all Parks.

I'm new. I'm visiting wdw in June in town for work conference. I want to see Fantasmic in HS (Disney app has only a 9p show listed that day but also says park closes at 830p) on a weeknight and the last shuttle to my offsite hotel departs from Epcot front at 10p & MK front at 11:15p. The hotel says the shuttle pick up is in front of MK and in front of Epcot by the ticket areas of each. Could I make either of these shuttles & what is the best way? I will likely not have a park hopper since only there short time. Any chance an earlier show may be added? I'm an athlete so fast/ distance walking are no problem but crowds will be a factor I know. Thank you in advance!

I'm new. I'm visiting wdw in June in town for work conference. I want to see Fantasmic in HS (Disney app has only a 9p show listed that day but also says park closes at 830p) on a weeknight and the last shuttle to my offsite hotel departs from Epcot front at 10p & MK front at 11:15p. The hotel says the shuttle pick up is in front of MK and in front of Epcot by the ticket areas of each. Could I make either of these shuttles & what is the best way? I will likely not have a park hopper since only there short time. Any chance an earlier show may be added? I'm an athlete so fast/ distance walking are no problem but crowds will be a factor I know. Thank you in advance!

I doubt an earlier show will be added.
Fantasmic runs for about 30 or so mins. You should be able to get to MK in time for that bus. You won't make the Epcot 10:00 bus, unless you get very lucky. These are two options..
1. Bus directly to MK, which will drop you at MK, so you will have to take either the ferry or the monorail back to the TTC
2. Bus to the front of Epcot, then take the monorail to TTC.

If you sit close to the top of the theater area, you should be able to get out of there in a timely fashion. But, it can be a huge swarm of people...all trying to get to the same place...the buses!!! Both the MK and Epcot buses are off to the left as you exit the park. Walk out of the park, lake to your left, majority of resort buses to the right. Keep walking towards the parking lot area. You will see park buses right there.

You could also take a cab/Uber to MK...that would get you dropped right at the TTC as well. And the TTC is where you need to be to get your resort shuttle. All off-site buses use the TTC.

And welcome to the DIS boards!!!

Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful reply- as well as the kind welcome. I will plan to take the bus from HS to Epcot then from there take the monorail to TCC. Again, I thank you!

1. Bus directly to MK, which will drop you at MK, so you will have to take either the ferry or the monorail back to the TTC
2. Bus to the front of Epcot, then take the monorail to TTC.

Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful reply- as well as the kind welcome. I will plan to take the bus from HS to Epcot then from there take the monorail to TCC. Again, I thank you!
I think the Epcot Monorail often closes at 10, unless Epcot is open later than 9. Getting to the last monorail could be iffy.

Safer to bus to MK and then monorail to TTC. Or, bus to Polynesian Village Resort and walk 10 minutes to TTC.

Last edited:
I think the Epcot Monorail often closes at 10, unless Epcot is open later than 9. Getting to the last monorail could be iffy.

Safer to bus to MK and then monorail to TTC. Or, bus to Polynesian Village Resort and walk 10 minutes to TTC.
Very good to know! I will check the Epcot hours before I do that. I like the Polynesia Village Resort idea because no "transportation switches." I assume it is fine for me to ride the bus there even if I am not staying there. Thank you so much!

How do you get to Typhoon Lagoon from the Poly? Is there a bus that goes directly there in the morning or do we have to switch buses somewhere else? My other question is are there buses from disney springs to MK? We will be eating dinner there - do we take the bus back to the Poly (where we are staying) then boat over to MK or is there a bus from DS to MK? Thanks!!!

How do you get to Typhoon Lagoon from the Poly? Is there a bus that goes directly there in the morning or do we have to switch buses somewhere else? My other question is are there buses from disney springs to MK? We will be eating dinner there - do we take the bus back to the Poly (where we are staying) then boat over to MK or is there a bus from DS to MK? Thanks!!!
Can't help with the TL issue...they keep changing things, so I get confused!!!
As far as DS and MK goes..no, there are no buses from DS to the parks. You will have to take a bus to the Polynesian, or other monorail resort, and then head over to MK.

Can't help with the TL issue...they keep changing things, so I get confused!!!
As far as DS and MK goes..no, there are no buses from DS to the parks. You will have to take a bus to the Polynesian, or other monorail resort, and then head over to MK.

Thanks!!!!

I don't know what the current procedure is for TL in the a.m. either, but if you do have to transfer, it will be at DS. So when you're waiting & you see a bus for DS, ask the driver if it's the bus to take for TL.

Thanks in advance for any help! We haven't been to WDW in quite some time.

We have ADRs at 1900 Park Fare (GF) at 11:45 am. Staying at Kidani. What time should we start waiting for the bus? Do I take the bus to MK, then take the monorail (or boat) to GF?

Thanks!

Hey everyone. Staying at Contemporary and wanted to go over to Boardwalk on my arrival evening just to check the place out. What is the easiest way to get there from the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter