Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

What would the best option be for HS to beaches and cream? May see fantasmic at 7 and an 8 reservation. Would leave as the boat was coming out in fantasmic to beat crowds. Would the best be boat to BC or bus?
If you're leaving with the crowds, then your quickest option is probably to walk. It's about a 20 minute walk. The boats will probably be full.

Best way to get to Ohana for breakfast from Contemporary resort, i know the obvious answer however in the past it seems like sometimes the monorails dont operate during certain times in the morning and im afraid knowing my luck that for a 9am breakfast reservation that would happen to me.
I'd expect the monorail to be running. They tend to keep the resort line up even if the express rail is down. If, for some reason, it is down, the. You're best option is uber or a taxi. I suppose you could walk to the Magic Kingdom and hop on a boat, but that would take a long time.

Best way to get from the Avis car Rental at the Hilton on Hotel blvd to Coronado Springs resort?
They might drop you off, if you ask.

If not, and it's later than about 9am, walk across the pedestrian bridges to DS, and take the bus from there. If there are no direct buses at the time you get there, a Transp. cm will tell you how to get there by connection.

Or you could just get Uber or Lyft to pick you up at the Hilton front entrance.

I have a variety of options, but what would you say is the quickest way to get to MK from HS? We wanna watch fantasmic at 7, then go to MK since it's open til' midnight.

We have an ADR at 4:20pm at Tusker House and then would like to catch the 7pm Fantastmic. Is there still a bus direct from DAK to DHS? How long does it typically take? Think we'll be able to get there in time? If we leave 90 mins for the ADR that leaves us 1 hour and 10 minutes. Thanks!

Hi. We are doing the Hoop-Dee-Doo revue in May. We are staying offsite at a Disney Springs hotel (the Doubletree) and we will have our own car.

What is the best way to get to the Hoop-Dee-Doo? Am I correct that you have to drive to Fort Wilderness, park in the main lot, then take an internal bus to where the Hoop-Dee-Doo is? Can I park for free since I have a dining reservation? I am assuming that driving my own car (since I'll already have it with me) is the best option, but let me know if there is a better one.

Am I correct that you have to drive to Fort Wilderness, park in the main lot, then take an internal bus to where the Hoop-Dee-Doo is? Can I park for free since I have a dining reservation? I am assuming that driving my own car (since I'll already have it with me) is the best option,
Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Unless you're visiting the Magic Kingdom before or afterwards. Then you might be better off taking the boat from MK. But only if you're already there.

I am assuming that driving my own car (since I'll already have it with me) is the best option, but let me know if there is a better one.
Be sure to turn into the main entrance, with the large sign. A GPS may try to take in you in thru the east entrance, which is signed something like "Service Vehicles Only" but is actually available to registered Guests with room keys.

We want to go for lunch at Sanna in April, which is at the Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, at Noon. We'll be in Animal Kingdom for just one day. This is the far end of the closest resort area to Animal Kingdom, but it doesn't look like it's really walkable. How long would we need to allow each way given the proximity and relatively frequent access people might expect if you're dining at something that literally starts with "Animal Kingdom"?

If it's a long time, we might have to go somewhere else because AK is only open from 9 AM - 7 PM that day. I hope not, as it looks great for lunch with animals out the windows.

Thanks!

You can't walk from Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge, if that's what you're asking. The bus takes about 5 minutes, not counting the wait time.

I'm asking about going from Animal Kingdom Park to Sanna for lunch at Noon. Is there a direct AK Park - AKL (maybe Villas) bus? Is there a route schedule for this I can review? I assume if I could grab a bus that went direct from one to the other, it would be really fast, but I don't know if that exists or how often they would go. Thanks!

Kidani to Narcoossee's and Artist Point (2 separate nights) with 6 adults. Should I take the time to bus it to MK and then monorail/boat or is an Uber ride worth the price of getting there in less than 25mins? I've never used Uber in Disney but am totally open to it if saves us time this trip. TIA :)

I'm asking about going from Animal Kingdom Park to Sanna for lunch at Noon.

1. Is there a direct AK Park - AKL (maybe Villas) bus?

2. Is there a route schedule for this I can review?

I assume if I could grab a bus that went direct from one to the other, it would be really fast, but I don't know if that exists or how often they would go. Thanks!

1. There is a bus that goes between AK and AKL (it stops at both Jambo and Kidani)

2. No, they just come about every 20 minutes.

1. There is a bus that goes between AK and AKL (it stops at both Jambo and Kidani)

2. No, they just come about every 20 minutes.
Perfect! Show up and if you just missed the bus, 20 min wait and 10 or less min ride to Kidani.

So, in that case it seems pretty reasonable to expect 30 minutes is doable virtually any time mid-day when it won't be flooded by people at opening and closing, right?

Thanks!

How do the buses work going to the water parks? One morning we will be at the Poly for breakfast and then heading to Blizzard Beach. Another morning we will be going from Pop Century to Typhoon Lagoon. I'm getting confused on how these bus routes are working for the water parks. I had heard that the buses all go through Disney Springs first then to the water parks. Is that correct? How long would you estimate that will take to get from point A to point B? TIA!

Last edited:
Yes. The bus will from from Animal Kingdom to Kidani, then to Jambo, and back to the park. It's a relatively short ride.
At least at some times of the day, there are separate buses for Jambo and Kidani. So make sure the marquee says either Animal Kingdom Lodge or Kidani Village, but not Jambo House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter