OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Couple of questions:

Are Jack and Sally usually around during Christmas?

I know there's a Thanksgiving buffet (PPH?), but is there a Christmas one at PPH?

We'll be there November 21-24 (in parks on 22 & 23). We've never been over a holiday at all - we usually avoid them, so it'll be a new experience for us! We'll be celebrating my daughter's fourth birthday on the 22nd too.

We'll be there November 21-24 (in parks on 22 & 23). We've never been over a holiday at all - we usually avoid them, so it'll be a new experience for us! We'll be celebrating my daughter's fourth birthday on the 22nd too.
We'll be there the same time for our first holiday trip too! So excited! Happy birthday to your 4 yr. old, we took our dd for the first time when she was 4 and had a great time! Enjoy!!

Nothing like cheapening an authentic, spontaneous interaction with a pre-recorded response.

I don't like it either, and we will work hard to avoid them so my five year old, who is just barely clinging to the magic while my eight year old has already lost it, doesn't see them. I have spent YEARS justifying why the furry characters don't talk and the face characters do. YEARS! Do you know how hard it is to come up with logical explanations for that for questioning little kids?! And now they come along and blow it out of the water...

Couple of questions:

Are Jack and Sally usually around during Christmas?

I know there's a Thanksgiving buffet (PPH?), but is there a Christmas one at PPH?
We met Jack in the pre-set meeting spot the week before Thanksgiving last year. Not sure if Sally was out at different times. She probably was. I'm sure we've met them both during the holiday season before. I think Jack is pretty regular, but Sally is only out part of the time.

Can someone tell me if the Haunted Mansion overlay will be up until January 7?
As others have said, the HMH overlay will last at least through the end of the official holiday season (baring some unforeseen technical difficulty). They've announced the season will run through Sunday, January 7th. Historically, HMH was one of the first holiday attractions to go down to have its overlay removed. So it does seem likely that it will run through the 7th and then be closed starting on the 8th (Monday).

It hasn't been posted here yet but for those who do not know

THERE WILL BE NO JINGLE CRUISE THIS YEAR.

This has officially been announced.

Adding link for those interested:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...e-part-of-the-holidays-at-disneyland-in-2017/

Seriously??? Aw man. I was really looking forward to seeing this as I never have and I keep hearing how each year is better than the last! I haven't done Disney at Christmas since 2010 so I ready for complete holiday mode!!

My daughter refuses to go on Jungle Cruise. I have never been able to convince her she'd like it (she's a stubborn-as-a-mule 3 y.o.). And thus, anytime I've been during the holidays has been with her as an older toddler so I've never even experienced Jingle Cruise.

It hasn't been posted here yet but for those who do not know

THERE WILL BE NO JINGLE CRUISE THIS YEAR.

This has officially been announced.

Adding link for those interested:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...e-part-of-the-holidays-at-disneyland-in-2017/

I'm sad that we won't be able to experience Jingle Cruise, however, I know there will be many many many more things for us to experience that time of year. I am just hoping that they don't get rid of anything else that deals with the Holidays.

Just saw an ad for a tsum tsum advent calendar. Anyone seen these at the parks yet? Apparently I can get one from Walmart... but maybe the parks have cooler ones?

I think I've convinced DH that DLR is the (only) place to celebrate my 40th! Trouble is, it's dec 2, so we'll have to contend with CP. I'm thinking we'll do Fri afternoon through Sunday, fly home Monday. We are me, DH, DS 11, 9, 22 mo.

Will fireworks be cancelled on CP nights? What times are the two processionals? Is there usually an evening holiday parade (which would be cancelled)?

We will be trying to avoid the CP chaos, so any tips for that would be great! I'm thinking WOC dessert for Sat or Sun night.

Thanks for your expertise! I can't imagine a more magical place to turn 40 (since apparently that IS happening!).

We will be at DL from Jan 2-5. I know the Holiday season technically goes until the 7th but I assume some things end after Christmas or after New Years. Any idea what I should expert? We aren't going specifically for Christmas but any Christmas that is still around would be a fun perk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter