OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

They're not making changes to the Annabella - it's getting torn down (if it hasn't been already).
Still not a bad idea. The pool was peeling and sediment was floating everywhere in the pool. You would end up having a sandy material in your bathing suit and you didn't know it until after you were out of the pool. Just one example of renovations needed.

At risk of sounding blasphemous, I am not all that into the normal fireworks shows at Disney. Actually, the shows are nice. What I don't like is sitting around in the crowd waiting for the show to happen. Same can be said for Fantasmic and WOC. Great shows, I just find the sitting and waiting time to not be worth the investment. Is there anything super spectacular about the Christmas fireworks shows, WOC, and Fantasmic that should make me brave the crowds and wait?

I am thinking of booking a room at the Disneyland Hotel with a DTD view where I could hopefully watch the fireworks from the comfort of my own room while cuddling my sleeeping 3 year old who will almost certainly be asleep by that time. That actually sounds lovely. Can you hear the music in your rooms?

We'll be there Nov 30-Dec 3. Myself, DD 16, DD's friend 16, DD 14, DD 11. Tropicana Inn. Can't wait but haven't told the two youngest daughters yet. They need to work on how they're getting along before they learn the exciting news.

I am thinking of booking a room at the Disneyland Hotel with a DTD view where I could hopefully watch the fireworks from the comfort of my own room while cuddling my sleeeping 3 year old who will almost certainly be asleep by that time. That actually sounds lovely. Can you hear the music in your rooms?

I like the way you think! Yes, they have a channel on the TV that syncs the music with the show! Sounds like heaven to me!

At risk of sounding blasphemous, I am not all that into the normal fireworks shows at Disney. Actually, the shows are nice. What I don't like is sitting around in the crowd waiting for the show to happen. Same can be said for Fantasmic and WOC. Great shows, I just find the sitting and waiting time to not be worth the investment. Is there anything super spectacular about the Christmas fireworks shows, WOC, and Fantasmic that should make me brave the crowds and wait?

Really?! How in the heck do you get your 3 year old to go to sleep before fireworks?! Teach me your ways, master! My kid hasn't fallen asleep in ages before fireworks (she'll be 4 in November).

That being said, what PP said. We actually *normally* watch the fireworks from our room while enjoying some dessert.

Really?! How in the heck do you get your 3 year old to go to sleep before fireworks?! Teach me your ways, master! My kid hasn't fallen asleep in ages before fireworks (she'll be 4 in November).

That being said, what PP said. We actually *normally* watch the fireworks from our room while enjoying some dessert.

Goodness, I can barely keep my kids awake! Last year I gave up and let them sleep through the Halloween parade AND the fireworks on the curb. They were 5 and 8. This year, at 6 and 9, it was still a struggle to keep them awake but they made it! When we go at Christmas time this year, we're doing the tour and will get those priority bench seats in front of the castle so hell or high water, they will stay awake and enjoy those fireworks!! Ha!

Mine are the same as MacMama930. My kiddos (11, 7, 3) are morning people (especially the older 2.). They are regularly awake by 6 AM. We usually go back to the room mid day for a nap to help them last longer but sometimes the oldest two won't sleep. Then they all crash later. Last year at WDW a cast member gave them "I'm Celebrating Sleeping on the Floor" buttons because we kept them out late and they laid down on the floor of the gift shop and fell asleep! The little one was asleep in the stroller. It was our last night so we were trying to buy last minute souvenirs but they just couldn't make it!

Okay, I feel like something is wrong with my kid. Lol She's up early (probably around 6-6:30), will take a good nap in early afternoon, play hard at the pool for a couple of hours and I STILL have to fight to get her to sleep sometimes. I mean, she definitely tired, but it's a battle most nights at DL. She's also incredibly stubborn and independent, so maybe it's just that...?

I’ve now made all my reservations and some extras. Man I wish they would release park hours at the same time. It would make planning my dining a lot easier. When does the candy cane schedule normally get released?

Me too I'm going to be trying for the WOC dessert party too..Just wish fantasmic had a dessert party too.

Same here, especially if it was guaranteed to be as great as the WOC dessert party. It really is one of the best extra Disney events they do.

I have started making my dining reservations and WOC dessert party!!!!!!!! I’m so used to doing this at the 180 day mark, 60 days seems so strange. LOL

Yep, I booked the Fantasmic and WOC dining packages today - I still have 2 regular reservations I want to make (I'm not at the 60 day mark yet for those), but I'm happy to get the dining packages out of the way.

What time does the dining phone line open?

I did mine online.

I did mine online as well, unfortunately they don’t seem tomhave opened up 12/4 for the Fantasmic dinner package. I’ll check again tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter