Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

I have an unofficially app that will have the hours starting tomorrow; I canost them when they show up. My guess is Fri-Sun will be 8/9-11/12.

Thanks! You would think they would be out by now. I mean we are 45 days from the end of the first week in September. :l

Are there any discount rD park ticket providers besides Get Travel for this race?

Are there any discount rD park ticket providers besides Get Travel for this race?

Get Travel has had the cheapest tickets of anyone I've seen - some by $20-30.

I got my tickets from Way.com last year, but they're unavailable right now which means they're probably negotiating their next block with Disneyland because of the rumored ticket price increase.

#SadPanda Alert:

I was hoping for a miracle, but with the "schedule" out for the start of race weekend (and by schedule, I mean dates and refurbs - no hours :confused3), it's official that Haunted Mansion will be down for the installation of the Holiday overlay.

I guess my meeting Hatbox Ghost will have to wait for another trip. Was hoping to get to land in August, but we decided on another trip to NOLA instead.

Oh wells. So just a heads up for anyone else planning to see Mr. Hatbox over race weekend. ToT is down earlier in the week for a refurb, but it looks like it will be back up and running though!

its mixed emotion when your gut that there is a tiny shard of glass embedded in your foot is in fact true.. wish it wouldve been found earlier and not derailed a week of training but hopefully back on track tomorrow to keep trying to rescue floundering race training plans...

Ouch! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

#SadPanda Alert:

I was hoping for a miracle, but with the "schedule" out for the start of race weekend (and by schedule, I mean dates and refurbs - no hours :confused3), it's official that Haunted Mansion will be down for the installation of the Holiday overlay.

I guess my meeting Hatbox Ghost will have to wait for another trip. Was hoping to get to land in August, but we decided on another trip to NOLA instead.

Oh wells. So just a heads up for anyone else planning to see Mr. Hatbox over race weekend. ToT is down earlier in the week for a refurb, but it looks like it will be back up and running though!

While it is sad, I was pretty much expecting this :sad2:

Dream last night was missing the 1/2 marathon start. Couldn't find where to pick up our bibs, didn't have clothes (which my mom drove to us which would totally be unreaslitic since she wouldn't be in California) & I couldn't find my cliff shots which I guess was the end of the world in my dream. We hoped we could join in at the last corral but then I woke up so don't know what happened! It was all a mess and strange! It's getting so close, guess I need to start packing now so I don't forget stuff like in my dream, ha!

#SadPanda Alert:

But going to Nola is a good consolation! ;) I'm going there is Mar and can't wait. I was there in '13 but it feels like so much longer.

Have you heard anything on the HOA position you were nominated for? Can you make Tink, HM should be good then.

But going to Nola is a good consolation! ;) I'm going there is Mar and can't wait. I was there in '13 but it feels like so much longer.

Have you heard anything on the HOA position you were nominated for? Can you make Tink, HM should be good then.

I won't know until August 16th (nice, right? Grrrr.) But I do know that there are three other people that will be put up by the committee for election.

I was in charge of the volunteer gala for our Home Tour weekend this year, so while a few people know me in the 'hood ... I'm hoping/positive I don't have enough name recognition or clout to get elected to a major board position just yet. Fingers crossed!

I'm planning on Tink in 2016 at this point, because ... HATBOX GHOST!

Dream last night was missing the 1/2 marathon start. Couldn't find where to pick up our bibs, didn't have clothes (which my mom drove to us which would totally be unreaslitic since she wouldn't be in California) & I couldn't find my cliff shots which I guess was the end of the world in my dream. We hoped we could join in at the last corral but then I woke up so don't know what happened! It was all a mess and strange! It's getting so close, guess I need to start packing now so I don't forget stuff like in my dream, ha!

Last year I had dreams like that too - dreamed I didn't pack any running or Disney specific stuff. Or I got to the airport and realised I didn't have my luggage at all lol! This year I've been dreaming about the trip, but so far no bad dreams like that. I actually had one dream where I was running the half and each step I was taking it was like there was no gravity and I was kind of half flying - that was nice :thumbsup2

I'll really be relying on my packing list this time around, because we're actually going on a short domestic trip shortly before race weekend! We've only got a week between the two trips, so I will definitely need to make sure I unpack all my generic domestic stuff and repack with all my running and Disney stuff!

I have these nightmare before each race too !!!!

#SadPanda Alert:

What about Space Mountain? Any idea when that will close and re-open?

This is a long shot, but does anyone know of any travel partners/charities that still have spots available for the 10k? I'm registered for the half but have been injured since January's Rebel Challenge and my knee just won't let me run that far so rather than cancel the trip I figured I'd look for a 10k spot. Thanks!

This is a long shot, but does anyone know of any travel partners/charities that still have spots available for the 10k? I'm registered for the half but have been injured since January's Rebel Challenge and my knee just won't let me run that far so rather than cancel the trip I figured I'd look for a 10k spot. Thanks!

Team All4Kids still had spots available for the 10k yesterday, if you're interested in joining a charity team. Not sure about any travel providers.

Check with Acclaim Travel.

Has anyone ever taken a taxi from LAX to a Disneyland hotel. I will have a family of four and some luggage.

No I haven't, because there are only 2 of us and a taxi would be well over $100. SuperShuttle is only $17pp, no matter how long it takes (with traffic etc). If you're going to be spending that sort of money anyway, I would consider booking an exclusive van through somewhere like SuperShuttle rather than take a taxi. It's $107 for an exclusive non-stop van service through SuperShuttle, which is a fixed fee and probably less than you would get a taxi for anyway, but you still get a direct service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter