Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

How are you so creative??? That's great!

Oh, I don't know about all that. I just have a lot of time to obsess over things like this!

I also *think* I've narrowed down my Dopey costumes, too. But I guarantee nobody will really get what I'm wearing except for me and my former WDW co-workers. And maybe those that are super Disney obsessed and went to MK a lot in the late 90's.

Oh, I don't know about all that. I just have a lot of time to obsess over things like this!

I also *think* I've narrowed down my Dopey costumes, too. But I guarantee nobody will really get what I'm wearing except for me and my former WDW co-workers. And maybe those that are super Disney obsessed and went to MK a lot in the late 90's.

Lol! The main thing is that it works for you :thumbsup2

@Ariel484 -- looking GREAT!

As for the bow-on-visor dilemma ... maybe attach the bow to a flat-back safety pin like this:
il_340x270.307322259.jpg

And then pin it to the visor?
THANKS! Great suggestion on the pins. My crafty BFF suggested something similar and since you ladies are way better at this stuff than I am, it seems like that's the way to go.
Wow! I'm impressed! Great job :cheer2:

I did this for a couple of things last year. In fact, I pretty much had exactly the same thing as you - except it was a black bow on a blue Sparkle Athletic visor. I also used it to attach Dad's rabbit ears to his hat. It worked perfectly for both! It could also work for your 'belt buckle'.

To attach the clips to the bow, I glued it, then 'sewed' it (basically just wound the cotton around the clip and through the holes so that it was stable), then glued it again lol! I wanted it to be attached nice and securely.
Oh good, thanks. Glad to hear you did the same thing and it worked for you!! :)

Good idea with the buckle - super glue pins to the back and then fasten it to the belt. ::yes::

Sorry I have been MIA for the last few months. Just finalized my plans for the race weekend and have been training. I am still so bummed I could not get into the DDD. If anyone knows of someone local to DL that is selling their Dumbo entry or a TA that is selling an entry only, let me know. I have the 1/2 bib that I could sell or trade with someone wanting the half only. I know sometimes people get injured or can no longer do the races once they get closer.

Sorry I have been MIA for the last few months. Just finalized my plans for the race weekend and have been training. I am still so bummed I could not get into the DDD. If anyone knows of someone local to DL that is selling their Dumbo entry or a TA that is selling an entry only, let me know. I have the 1/2 bib that I could sell or trade with someone wanting the half only. I know sometimes people get injured or can no longer do the races once they get closer.
Buying/selling bibs from others or trading bibs isn't legal. Your best bet is to try through TAs.

^^ and that's a cotton shirt...which is why it's for the 5K and not one of the longer races. :eek:

I'm doing a cotton shirt for the 5k too. I figure it's 3 miles so hopefully it won't be too bad. Love the Minnie! For the belt, what if you got a wide blue ribbon and you could safety pin it on the shirt and then attach the jewel piece to the ribbon? Or a blue running belt like Spidi maybe?

I'm doing a cotton shirt for the 5k too. I figure it's 3 miles so hopefully it won't be too bad. Love the Minnie! For the belt, what if you got a wide blue ribbon and you could safety pin it on the shirt and then attach the jewel piece to the ribbon? Or a blue running belt like Spidi maybe?
After thinking about it more, I think the sparkly part needs to be attached to the shirt through the blue belt. Otherwise it'll bounce too much...this will probably end up being a gigantic pain in the butt! :rotfl:
Cute! I couldn't even do cotton for the 5k lol!

I'm planning to work on my Jessica Rabbit outfit this afternoon, so might have an update soon. My brand new first ever sewing machine is still in its box though, so that's assuming that I can figure out how to work it lol!
We'll see how the cotton goes :eek: I may regret it!

Good luck with the sewing!!

After thinking about it more, I think the sparkly part needs to be attached to the shirt through the blue belt. Otherwise it'll bounce too much...this will probably end up being a gigantic pain in the butt! :rotfl:

Can you cut slits on either side of the 'buckle' and weave the tulle through?

Hmmmm ... I agree with the attaching through the shirt. You could either do another flat safety pin or maybe do magnets?

Hmmmm ... I agree with the attaching through the shirt. You could either do another flat safety pin or maybe do magnets?
Hmmmm...I dunno. I feel like no matter what I do it's going to be flapping around a lot while I run and I won't like it! :rotfl:

I did my back-to-back 3-/11-miler this weekend. Supposed to be on the schedule for next weekend but I'll be cruising (!!!) and let's face it...I don't have the discipline to run 11 miles on the ship.

I was out the door for the 3-miler at about 7AM yesterday and it was painful. I don't know what my problem was - sore from Thursday's TRX class, I guess? - but it was such a struggle to get this run done.

After that I headed downtown for my 9:30 AM shift volunteering for a local charity bike event. After running for 7+ years I FINALLY volunteered for a race (not a running one, but still). I worked bag & bike check, and it was fun and satisfying. Definitely would do it again. My 5-hour shift went by quickly, by it was HOT out, the first really hot summer day we've had (thankfully I was in a tent for most of it) and I was afraid I'd messed myself up for today's run. I spent the rest of the day chugging water like crazy.

Today I managed to get out the door at about 8:45 for my run - still could have been earlier but that was pretty good for me. I took my Camelbak, which was filled with 50 ounces of water and a small 12-ounce bottle of Gatorade. I think temperatures were high 70s/low 80s with 80ish% humidity the entire time and I drank everything I had with me! I managed to stay under trees for most of the run, which helped me a lot. My pace was about 25 seconds/mile slower than yesterday but I felt MUCH better today - happy with the run overall even though the last mile really dragged. :)

For both runs I used 3:1 intervals and I may stick with that for the rest of the summer. And I listened to Disney Parks music loops the entire time...always a good decision.

When I hit 8 miles and realized I had 3 left - a distance I do all the time - I felt myself get incredibly happy because I realized I was actually going to finish! Apparently there was some self-doubt lingering around today, even though I've run this distance quite a few times before. It felt good to get this one done. :teeth:

Great work Ariel484!

I did make a start on my Jessica Rabbit outfit yesterday as planned. Remember how I was going to get a red sparkle skirt and just add some red sparkly material to an existing running top I had? Well, I got a bit crazy, and decided to make a whole dress from scratch! I unpicked one of my old cheap running tops to use as a pattern base, but changed the neckline into a sweetheart and gave it a bit of an A-line skirt (using an existing dress for an idea of how to cut it). Cut out the front and back panels, pinned it all together and tried it on. It looked amazing (if I do say so myself lol!)! Couldn't believe I'd just created that! But it was pretty tight through the hips. I added a couple of 'darts' (ie cut out a couple of triangles and added them to the sides), so hopefully it will be ok now. My new sewing machine was perfect - so much easier than hand sewing (and I never would have attempted this if that had been my only option). So far I've just attached the darts to the front panel. So now I've just gotta sew the panels together and hem the edges. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished!

This morning I went out for my weekly sprint intervals. It was absolutely freezing and there was frost everywhere (well, from what I could see in the dark). By the time I left for work, the outside temperature (according to my car) was right on 0 degrees (that's 32 Fahrenheit). No wonder I was so cold - it was literally freezing!

I did my back-to-back 3-/11-miler this weekend. Supposed to be on the schedule for next weekend but I'll be cruising (!!!) and let's face it...I don't have the discipline to run 11 miles on the ship.

I was out the door for the 3-miler at about 7AM yesterday and it was painful. I don't know what my problem was - sore from Thursday's TRX class, I guess? - but it was such a struggle to get . :teeth:

Great ! You did it!
TRX does me in, I adjusted my classes so I don't have a class before my back to back run. Did it once and my legs were so heavy. Great you pulled through it!
This week's run schedule I am trying to get my mind around it , trying to get the negative thoughts out. My naturopath has me on a 2 week cleanse to clear some med out of my body. Went for a maintenance run with the group this morning really hard . I did 5 and 1's normal 10 and 1's . I will get through this knowing you have done it will help me. Thanks!
Volunteering is great for the soul! Nice job!

Working on one of my race weekend outfits today - so, excuse the rough cardstock template ... I don't want to cut the HTV until I'm certain of how I want it to look!

This is my World of Color top:
image.jpg

I'm debating it on white and maybe instead doing it on a pink or teal (think sunset-ish) color that goes with the fabric in my skirt.

Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter