Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

This is a long shot, but does anyone know of any travel partners/charities that still have spots available for the 10k? I'm registered for the half but have been injured since January's Rebel Challenge and my knee just won't let me run that far so rather than cancel the trip I figured I'd look for a 10k spot. Thanks!

Acclaim sent out an email just a few moments ago that says they still have two bibs left for the 10k!

Woohoo! Week 12 of DDD training done! 4 miles yesterday and 11 today and I feel waaaay better than I expected to. :) I think I feel better than I ever have after such a long training run.

This is a long shot, but does anyone know of any travel partners/charities that still have spots available for the 10k? I'm registered for the half but have been injured since January's Rebel Challenge and my knee just won't let me run that far so rather than cancel the trip I figured I'd look for a 10k spot. Thanks!

If you are interested in taking the charity route, there are 10K openings with a charity called Run For Our Sons/Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy. It is an organization to raise money for research and awareness for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. (There are also 1/2 marathon entries available...)
Registration closes on August 3rd. The 10K registration fee is $176.10 which can be applied to a $750 fundraising commitment. It includes a training shirt, 2 tickets to a private pasta party on Saturday night at Paradise Pier Hotel and a 1 day/1 park pass to DL (with option to upgrade tickets with a discount). There is online support to raise money.
Just an option if anyone is interested. :)

Here is a direct registration link:
http://www.parentprojectmd.org/site/TR?fr_id=3450&pg=entry

I know I'm late, but I have to mention Acclaim as well ... I decided just a couple weeks ago for the 5k (was already doing the DDD) and they still had a couple, so they got me in! :)

No great shock, but it's now official. The Haunted Mansion will be closed during race weekend. This seems to happen every year.

Would this be a good time to review our planned meet-ups during race weekend? So far I have:

Tiki Room Meet-up (SgtTibbs)
Thursday Sept. 3rd | 4:30pm'ish
Tiki Room outside waiting room, with Dole Whip in hand.
Attending: SgtTibbs, Keels, Kim3339,zanzibar138

Post Half Meet-up (Keels)
Sunday Sept. 6th after the 1/2 Marathon
Drinks at the Sonoma Terrace DCA
Attending: Keels, SgtTibbs

10th Anniversary Party (Official Event)
Exclusive access to Disneyland Park Attractions, and stuff.
Thursday Sept. 3rd | 9pm-12AM (plus early park entry at 4pm)
runDisney 10th Anniversary Party Website
Registration Link
Attending: SgtTibbs, meg8182000, Keels, NCrunner, SeeJeannerun, Disneyland_emily, mbwhitti

Planning to attend one of the meet-ups but I don't have you listed? Post about it or send me (SgtTibbs) a PM and I'll get you added.

Would this be a good time to review our planned meet-ups during race weekend? So far I have:

Registration Link
Attending: SgtTibbs, meg8182000, Keels, NCrunner, SeeJeannerun, Disneyland_emily, mbwhitti

Planning to attend one of the meet-ups but I don't have you listed? Post about it or send me (SgtTibbs) a PM and I'll get you added.

Ron and I will be there at the Tiki Room . Flying out after the half so will not be able to attend. Yippee getting excited!

Thanks! You would think they would be out by now. I mean we are 45 days from the end of the first week in September. :l

:headache: It's now a conspiracy, the app stopped posting at 9/3 too. Usually they're really good so that means they're playing w/ us. :rotfl2:But as soon as they put them up, if DL hasn't yet I'll post them.

What about Space Mountain? Any idea when that will close and re-open?

Usually we're in the clear w/ SM it closes and opens after race weekend and only for 2 days I think. But this year Labor Day is later and Halloween is starting on 9/11 this year. My guess/hope would be it closes 9/8-9/10 and we'd be safe over the weekend.

Would this be a good time to review our planned meet-ups during race weekend? So far I have: .
I'm in for the party now too. I can't believe it's still only at 67%! But I guess that just means less people and shorter wait times for pics and rides. :cool1:

Registration Link

I'm planning to go to the post half meet-up too :thumbsup2

Well, i conquered the 10 mile hurdle yesterday. It's the first time since my surgery. I ran it in under 90 minutes, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

That's awesome! Well done!

I'm in for the party now too. I can't believe it's still only at 67%! But I guess that just means less people and shorter wait times for pics and rides. :cool1:

I'm still so torn about the party! Having read about the awful crowds for the new fireworks and PTN, I really REALLY want to go! Plus, if we got the party tickets, we could use that as our park admission that day, and therefore be able to access the parks 6 days of our trip. But having to get up early for the 5k the next day, logic keeps telling me it's not worth it... I'm definitely no fun when I'm tired :crazy2:

I'm starting to feel like all this getting up at 5am and training has been worth it! Since the start of my program, I have lost 9.5lb. I'm sailing through my long runs with energy to spare (I'm still only up to 1:40, but I'm still pretty happy with that). And I'm smashing my tempo pace and have managed to crack the 35 min 5k :goodvibes

Only 3 more weeks of getting up at 5am. Then we'll be in Cairns for a week (mmm tropical north Queensland - looking forward to escaping the cold Melbourne winter for a week!), then back at work for another week of 5am starts, then we'll be off to the US! OMG it's coming up so quick :faint:

I'm still so torn about the party! Having read about the awful crowds for the new fireworks and PTN, I really REALLY want to go! Plus, if we got the party tickets, we could use that as our park admission that day, and therefore be able to access the parks 6 days of our trip. But having to get up early for the 5k the next day, logic keeps telling me it's not worth it... I'm definitely no fun when I'm tired :crazy2:

I totally hear you on this. But, I decided going in to this weekend that my No. 1 priority was going to be seeing PTN in the best possible situation - which, with the Anniversary Party at only 67% or whatever ... I feel like I'll have a great, non-crowded shot at seeing this amazing parade. I just wish we knew what the schedule was like for evening entertainment for the party. Wah!

I have an ADR for breakfast after the 5k to kill time until the parks open, but I think I may give that up and then play it by ear - if I need to go take a nap, I can go take a nap.

I totally hear you on this. But, I decided going in to this weekend that my No. 1 priority was going to be seeing PTN in the best possible situation - which, with the Anniversary Party at only 67% or whatever ... I feel like I'll have a great, non-crowded shot at seeing this amazing parade. I just wish we knew what the schedule was like for evening entertainment for the party. Wah!

I have an ADR for breakfast after the 5k to kill time until the parks open, but I think I may give that up and then play it by ear - if I need to go take a nap, I can go take a nap.

Hmm good point. I also read an article on Facebook this morning about how a lack of sleep the night before a race doesn't actually affect your performance... Having said that, my parents don't arrive until the Friday so we'll have to camp out for the shows with them anyway.

We are taking roughly the same view- we fly out of Orlando at 6 am our time then have the anniv party for the better spot for the parade etc (so 2-3 am our time) then crash for a few hrs , walk/ fast walk the 5k (husband isn't a runner) then prob napping before hitting the parks..

We didn't sign up for either of the pre-race parties. 1) We're not flying in until Friday and 2) The price for the pasta party is insanity.

I'm pleased to hear that Space Mountain overlay install is only a couple of days. I was worried that SpaceM and HM would both be closed during our trip. Luckily for us, we're there until the 12th, so we get one day of Jack Skellington and the gingerbread house before we head home.

Marathon Tours posted on the Disneyland FB event that they still have entries for all the races.

Anyone know how much a cab is from SNA Orange County to Anaheim?

UberX gives a fare estimate at $16-26, so I would guess a cab will run at minimum $26.

I did the estimate from the airport to the Grand Californian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter