October 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - Happy Healthy Halloween

It's been...a day. But it's over and tomorrow is a new day.
Motivation right now is to try to keep things upbeat and not take things too seriously. The world is HEAVY my dears and I want to bring some lightness, or at the least, not contribute to the doom and gloom and all things bad. I can't fix the world at large or even local problems. But I am motivated to find something good in every day and make someone who needs it smile.
The quote today reminded me of Provost Park Pass...for those who don't know it's a youtuber. Mostly a guy named Chris but also his wife and son, based out of Disneyland mainly but hits all the major parks. Anyway each of their videos has a quick little moment of telling his viewers how important they are and it always makes me feel good. Especially if it's the middle of night and I'm exhausted hearing that makes me feel a lot better. Highly recommended if you like some disney trivia with a splash of random guy cheering you on.
Anyway motivated to keep finding something good because if my mental/emotional health isn't at least decent all the physical work will fall flat.

Yes, little bits of progress every day. And sometimes progress can look like just pointing yourself in the right direction, without any other action. You will go where your vision takes you, eventually.

Yesterday what looks to be the first step in manifesting something I've been thinking about for a while happened... quite expectantly. I had planted a seed but had a different expectation on what it was for, then boom. It's brought up a lot of thoughts and feelings to process. And it has me refocusing on what I need to do to get where I want to be, but at the same time it has me flummoxed and scattered and not able to focus on other things that also need my attention. Really need to settle in to it today.

Last edited:
It's been...a day. But it's over and tomorrow is a new day.
Motivation right now is to try to keep things upbeat and not take things too seriously. The world is HEAVY my dears and I want to bring some lightness, or at the least, not contribute to the doom and gloom and all things bad. I can't fix the world at large or even local problems. But I am motivated to find something good in every day and make someone who needs it smile.
The quote today reminded me of Provost Park Pass...for those who don't know it's a youtuber. Mostly a guy named Chris but also his wife and son, based out of Disneyland mainly but hits all the major parks. Anyway each of their videos has a quick little moment of telling his viewers how important they are and it always makes me feel good. Especially if it's the middle of night and I'm exhausted hearing that makes me feel a lot better. Highly recommended if you like some disney trivia with a splash of random guy cheering you on.
Anyway motivated to keep finding something good because if my mental/emotional health isn't at least decent all the physical work will fall flat.

Sounds like you're keeping a positive attitude through whatever you're dealing with! Sometimes it feels like that's all we can do, but I think it's a huge piece of the puzzle!!

I think Little changes are the key to making the bigger changes over time! my problem lately is that I make the little changes, but then I revert back too quickly. The one change that I have been consistent with for a long time is my water intake. I do feel that it's very important and it's one thing that I do well!

Some of the little changes that I need to work on health wise:

1. Making sure I eat more fruits and vegetables. They are not my "go to" and I need to focus on getting them in (which also helps keep other things out).

2. Meal plan - my week goes so much better when I plan our evening meals out in advance.

3. Walking / exercise - I don't know why I struggle so much with this. I know a little can go a long way!

So it has not been the best the last few days. Surprisingly I have not gotten many of the side affects from the prednisone but I have with the antibiotic. It has made me so sick to my stomach. Friday night I took the 2 meds together and ended up missing the football game. I barely made it 5 minutes from the house to pick up Jeff from the barber. I have gotten better and take the antibiotic first with lots of water and a sleeve of saltines then an hour later I take the prednisone. This has worked better but I am still down for a bit after taking the antibiotic. I am good in the middle of the day and that is when I have been eating my one meal other then crackers. I have 1 more day with the prednisone and about 5 with the antibiotic.

Yesterday I took Nick to visit a college. Not my favorite. His either but it is his number 2 school right now. It was just big but got big bonus points on their dorms and food. Their dorms were huge for being dorms (still small but the biggest ones we have seen. We have some more to see and he is applying to many more school that we are not going to be able to see. Applications are due by the end of the month.

We also had Elizabeth's birthday party Saturday. Nothing like being 2 months late but it was still nice. I was able to keep my moth shut with Jeffs family and all is well right now. I pretty much just sat with my family and ignored them. Not my finest moment. I am usually pretty good and putting it all to the side and ignoring what is going on. Elizabeth had fun though and got to hang out with a few friends.

...what little changes can you make to get some of your desired results?
I need to be more intentional about my schedule and what I fill my free time with. Exercise has been slipping lately, even though I know that a little is better than none. - That quote is so true!

PS - I received a PM from @WDWEPCOT that she is posting a birthday thread for slo tomorrow (Slo is the wonderful DISer who post the polls every weekday that we all enjoy!) and I promised to spread the word so it would get a lot of traffic. Please look for it in the "Congratulations & Birthday Wishes" section at the top of the community board tomorrow! pixiedust::cake:

Last edited:
Woohoo... I'm going to mark the re-do on my meatloaf a success. I got a meatloaf pan, used more hamburger and a different Stove Top mix plus added some avocado, the only thing is I forgot to put in onion and it does make a difference, but over all well pleased with the result.

What I'm not pleased with was my test bake of a pumpkin pie. The custard needed to bake longer, which is what I wanted to test because the new pan is deep. And I made the crust from scratch and it just wasn't right. But woohoo... with knowledge gained from watching so many baking shows I was able to figure out what I did wrong. The pieces of butter were too big and it melted in a way that the outside of the crust was flaky but the inside was soft and looked under baked. I'll do another test bake but don't want another pumpkin pie, maybe an apple one instead.

Woohoo... it is not stormy outside this morning, in fact there are bits of blue sky.

Woohoo... yesterday I finally got a couple work things done that I've been dragging my feet on.

Thankful for the absolutely gorgeous weather we had yesterday, which was a total surprise.

Thankful that I got the autumnal bed dressings figured out and slept really well last night. I now have the perfect combination of blanket/quilt weight without making the bed too hot.

Thankful that I found out beforehand about the Witches Paddle-boarding event Saturday. I do not paddle-board, but I do have a black hat that I will put on and go cheer them on.

Thankful for my loving son! He made a bad decision recently and is working through the consequences of it, but he is such a good kid (he's actually 21, but still a kid to me lol). It just makes me realize that everyone (even my perfect-in-my-eyes son) makes mistakes and we need to offer them grace.

He's slowly forgiving himself and I'm so thankful for the start of his good natured personality showing through again. He's been very down in the dumps lately and I'm thankful that I'm starting to see his smile again :)

Editing to add a couple of things -

I hope that didn't come across wrong - I definitely know he is not perfect!

It's been a reminder to me that we even need to show grace to ourselves!

His decision wasn't earth shattering in any way, it just was to him.

Hi Friends!!

Popping in super quick to say Hi! I have been so busy.

I am on travel this week for work. I’m addition to that, 2 of my 5 team mates had medical emergencies last week which required them to be hospitalized and both needed emergency surgery. They are both out indefinitely. One of them texted this morning and said she now has covid and is terribly sick in addition to her surgery she had Saturday 😔. I just feel so bad for both of them.

If I am not very present here for a few weeks know you are all on my mind and heart everyday!! I will be checking in as time allows me!

HUGS!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter