October 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - Happy Healthy Halloween

Thanks for sharing! That's a great reminder!

I heard someone say once when it comes to weight - a year from now, you won't be the exact same weight, you will be either heavier or lighter, you decide.

That has kind of stuck with me. I guess that some people might be "exactly" the same weight, but those of us who struggle with it probably won't be. You can either commit to trying and then hopefully will be on the lighter side of where you were a year ago or if you don't keep trying, you will probably be heavier.

Great posts both Monday and Tuesday!!!

My motivation this week is that DD and I leave for Disney in 7 days! I can’t believe it!! I am being realistic that I won’t lose weight in these 7 days but I am going to keep sugar and junk to an absolute minimum so I can enjoy some treats on vacation.

Something that has stuck with me about a healthy lifestyle is-one day doesn’t break it. I used to be “on a diet” and then on a special day I would blow it and just slide riiiiight back into everything bad, just because of one day. In the past 3.5 years I have made it a habit to let yesterday go and focus on doing good today. Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. It’s helped for sure.

I also heard a Dr say once “walking 8,000 steps a day reduces your chances of dying, from everything, by 50%” is this true-I have no idea-but that stuck with me and I really try to do that, at a minimum, everyday.

I guess it’s time to create the host schedule for next month.

October 30-November 5:
PollyannaMom
November 6-12: PAsFab5
November 13-19: Newski_Mom
November 20-26: Summer2018
November 27-December 3:

Last edited:

Topic Tuesday… I do need to get back to extending my vision and thinking about where I want to be instead of what I haven’t been doing. I need to re-establish goals for my Feb trip.

Woohoo… this business trip has gone very well and woohoo I get to go home midday tomorrow, but just for Thurs night as I head down to my Sister’s Friday morning. But it’ll be good to have a day off to regroup from the past few days and driving will be very soothing.

And woohoo I’ve done very well this week slowing down my spending.

whoooooo hoooooo next week I am on vacation!! DD and I don’t leave until Wednesday but I am off Monday and Tuesday too!

Thankful that Awana went well last night. Last week there was a conversation had with the family of a difficult little guy and he can no longer attend without a family member being present with him. His abuse towards the other children were making them afraid to come to Awana and while I was gone last week his abuse towards the teachers became pretty severe. Last night was a good night for him and the other kids!

23 2-3 years old in our Awana class now! So exciting but it is hectic!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

I am woohoo that Jeff's grandmother seems to being doing pretty good. When we saw her on Monday, she was walking pretty good. The Aids with her during the day are having her do her PT and I am sure that is helping.

Today, I am thankful I get so much PTO. I have not stressed myself out with trying to make up time this month at work. I am also taking tomorrow off because I just need a day.

I'm thankful that DH and I are leaving on a trip tomorrow. I feel somewhat spoiled because we travel more now that the kids are older, but this time I feel like I really need it. I've had this stressed out feeling like the other shoe is going to drop for the last couple of weeks and I just can't shake it. I'm not even sure what it's about, but it's there.

I'm hoping to relax and chill once we're gone!

DH and I made it to Miami today pretty much right on time. We did have some interesting people around us, but I think they were all just excited to be going to Florida!

One couple in the row behind us were meowing and barking at each other most of the flight. I'm honestly not sure what's up with that, but it was kind of funny. Kept me entertained most of the flight lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter