October 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - Happy Healthy Halloween

I have only one to start with, and I always felt like that made the "family meal" thing more challenging.

When I use lean turkey, I throw one of these into the mix to add a bit of healthy fat:
View attachment 801674 (doesn't have to be this brand, it's just the first picture that came up - I buy whichever is on sale)
That's a great idea... does it change the overall taste at all?

I have only one to start with, and I always felt like that made the "family meal" thing more challenging.

When I use lean turkey, I throw one of these into the mix to add a bit of healthy fat:
View attachment 801674 (doesn't have to be this brand, it's just the first picture that came up - I buy whichever is on sale)

I think it seems easier to be a short order cook - or maybe just that you know what isn't someone's favorite thing to eat and then you feel guilty making it - when it was all 5 of us, I just always knew that any given meal wasn't someone's favorite and that's just the way it was lol!

Been a nutty week. Got my flu and covid shots the other day so feeling less than 100%. But did manage a walk of upwards of a mile before I started feeling super icky. My work team is doing well on the step challenge, we are in the 200s out of over 900 teams. All those steps translate to donations to one of 6 (or 9?) non-profits so wins all around.
DD was watching YouTube videos after dinner tonight and one of them said something about a whale. She started making a WA noise so I said WHALE and then she said WHALE! It was so awesome and unexpected! I get excited because then she knows she did something good but I can't get too excited and loud because then she gets startled. It's quite the balancing act.
Made a super yummy pulled pork a few nights back. Got some nice heat and you can do without BBQ sauce when eating it.
https://thesaltymarshmallow.com/best-pulled-pork/comment-page-4/#wprm-recipe-container-10464
Weekend plans not sure. DD has dance on Saturday and I have to go pick up my new charity license plate. Aside from that who knows. Very glad the rain we were supposed to get has been downgraded to just a chance of showers...we are getting a new front walk and now it shouldn't turn into a moat!

SOCIAL SATURDAY

For purely self-centered reasons, let's talk cars.

1697251216417.png

Which Disney car are you?

https://news.disney.com/quiz-which-car-are-you

And a few real life car questions:

What was the first car you owned?
Which car that you've owned is your favorite and why?
If you could buy a new car without concern for the cost, what would you buy?

Have you taken any long car road trips?

Attachments

• 1697251372645.png
    1697251372645.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
What was the first car you owned? A tan dodge dynasty that I could not see out of! My mom drove one so she assumed same type would work for me.
Which car that you've owned is your favorite and why? VW cabrio...not practical but so fun in college
If you could buy a new car without concern for the cost, what would you buy? Some form of convertible
Have you taken any long car road trips? Decent length road trips but nothing major...I think 8-10 hours was the max. Both instances severe traffic made the trip longer than anticipated

Screenshot_20231014_082750_Chrome.jpg

Making these today with greek yogurt will let you know how they come out

https://createmindfully.com/chocolate-covered-peanut-butter-frozen-yogurt-bites-vegan/#recipe

Last edited:
Cute quiz! I got Mater -

1697295913970.png

What was the first car you owned? My first car was a white mustang. I bought it used from a cousin when I was 19 after my freshman year of college. I loved that car and thought it was pretty cool, even though it was about 8 or 9 years old at the time. It was still a fun car!
Which car that you've owned is your favorite and why? My favorite is probably my current car - it's a Toyota Highlander. I bought it 8 years ago this month and it has about 145K miles on it. I remember one time we bought a blue Grand Prix. I did love that car too - I couldn't imagine at the time that I'd ever love a car more, but we ended up having lots of problems with that car which ended my love for it lol!

If you could buy a new car without concern for the cost, what would you buy? I'd probably buy a luxury SUV like a mercedes or Lexus suv - although I've never really looked into it so I don't know for sure which kind

Have you taken any long car road trips? The longest road trip I've been on is from home (St Louis area) to Yellowstone and back. I just mapped out what we did and it was a little over 3,000 miles round trip. We saw so much on that trip. We went through Souix Falls, stopped at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD, saw the badlands, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole. The kids were so good through it all that we decided to go to Branson for a few days before heading home. It was so much driving, but looking back, it was a great trip!

I also got Mater.

1697315275138.png

First car was a Toyota Corolla, one of the really old boxy ones. I got it just after I finished college and started working full time. I remember thinking the $600 I paid for it was so much money.

After driving it for 20 years I have to say my Pontiac Vibe is my favorite, so far. We've gone thru a lot of things over the years, including driving being one of the things that kept me sane during the peek covid times. At one point in the '90s I had a 67/68/69 Volkswagen Bug that I had a lot of fun with.... it had been rebuilt multiple times and had bits and bobs from all those years.

As for any car, maybe I'd go full electric like a Fisker that has solar panels in the roof? Plus my last name is Fisk, so hey.

When I was in my 20's I drove by myself from Washington State to Tucson AZ, to visit a Cousin. I went down the coast on 101 so I saw the Redwoods, Big Sur, Carmel. It was a good trip and in hindsight kind of gutsy. When I lived in the Washington DC area, one year I flew up to Maine and drove back with a friend. Then, at another point, my Niece flew out and we drove from WDC to Orlando and back. A couple years ago I spend a week driving around Texas in a big ol' loop.

Well, the deed is done, today I said goodbye to my Baby Girl and hello to Molly... named after my favorite Dis blogger Molly McAwsome. I'm a little bit in shock that I'll never see Baby Girl again but looking forward to new adventures with Molly. She's a cutie... and kind of sexy, in a PNW girl kind of way. And let me tell you... heated seats are very nice!

1697316459237.png

Last edited:
I have missed the last few days. I am going to woohoo that I survived this week. Nothing bad but lots of appointments and making up time I missed at work.

I am thankful for the school staff and their support last night at Nick's soccer game. In all my years of playing soccer and watching my kids play I have never seen a ref get ejected from the game. It was bad. He gave one of our kids a yellow card kicking the ball to the other team after a foul (he was just getting the ball to them), then he ejected to parents that complained but I have seen worse from parents. Then our player had the ball and running with as fast as he could and the other team came from behind and slide tackled him and our player got a double yellow (turns to red then and we had to play down a player and he can't play for the next game which is a playoff game and he is a senior so potentially his last game). Another parent got ejected, our coach got a yellow and he tried to eject our athletic trainer for stepping in and pulling our coach back. We had 2 principles, a few teachers, a HS aid a secretary and the assistant athletic director at the game. the assistant AD is about my height (4'9") and is the sweetest girl. She handled everything great. The AD then came up with the cops and at half time ejected the ref. He was also switching calls from the line refs as well. All of the staff did a great job of keeping the fans from getting too out of control and getting the game going again. The second half was much better then the first.

Today, we have football/marching band and then on Sunday we are celebrating Elizabeth's birthday. We are almost 2 months late on this. Having her birthday coinciding with the start of school always makes it rough to get a party in.

Today, I also joined Summer in the Prednisone club. I am not excited for this at all. I thought I had a sinus infection for the last 3 weeks that I have just been trying to ignore but it got to the point where Advil wasn't even helping the sinus pain and I it has been waking me up the last 2 nights. The doctor thinks it is just inflammation but but me on an antibiotic to be sure since it has been so long. This alone will most likely give me 2 horrible side affects that will cause me to be on another medicine. And the prednisone always messes with my sugar and I know there were a few other side affects I got the last too but can't remember what. Next week is going to be a fun week.
That stinks. I hope you get through it all without too much discomfort.

SOCIAL SATURDAY

For purely self-centered reasons, let's talk cars.

View attachment 801813

Which Disney car are you?

https://news.disney.com/quiz-which-car-are-you

And a few real life car questions:

IMG_2168.jpegA very old Volvo.
My current car, a Ford Escape. It’s great in snow, very comfortable, and I can handle the technology.
A Volvo SUV.
Yes, many. We drove to Boca Raton, Florida from Connecticut in a non-air conditioned car in July on our honeymoon. It was the first of many road trips to Florida. We drove from Arizona to California in 2019. We drove all over New England, mostly to Cape Cod during our marriage.
IMG_2167.jpeg

I also got Mater.

View attachment 801940

First car was a Toyota Corolla, one of the really old boxy ones. I got it just after I finished college and started working full time. I remember thinking the $600 I paid for it was so much money.

After driving it for 20 years I have to say my Pontiac Vibe is my favorite, so far. We've gone thru a lot of things over the years, including driving being one of the things that kept me sane during the peek covid times. At one point in the '90s I had a 67/68/69 Volkswagen Bug that I had a lot of fun with.... it had been rebuilt multiple times and had bits and bobs from all those years.

As for any car, maybe I'd go full electric like a Fisker that has solar panels in the roof? Plus my last name is Fisk, so hey.

When I was in my 20's I drove by myself from Washington State to Tucson AZ, to visit a Cousin. I went down the coast on 101 so I saw the Redwoods, Big Sur, Carmel. It was a good trip and in hindsight kind of gutsy. When I lived in the Washington DC area, one year I flew up to Maine and drove back with a friend. Then, at another point, my Niece flew out and we drove from WDC to Orlando and back. A couple years ago I spend a week driving around Texas in a big ol' loop.

Well, the deed is done, today I said goodbye to my Baby Girl and hello to Molly... named after my favorite Dis blogger Molly McAwsome. I'm a little bit in shock that I'll never see Baby Girl again but looking forward to new adventures with Molly. She's a cutie... and kind of sexy, in a PNW girl kind of way. And let me tell you... heated seats are very nice!

View attachment 801949
Love the new car! Such a pretty color!

SELF CARE SUNDAY

View attachment 802065

Hadn't seen this list before... will you be able to incorporate any of these pilars in to your Sunday?
This is an excellent list. I took a screenshot so I could refer to it in the future.

I’m currently waiting in the movie theater for The Eras Tour concert movie to start. DD went to the concert in Massachusetts and has a trip to Sweden to see Taylor Swift again. I don’t need to see her live, but I am looking forward to watching it in a movie theater.

A blue Pontiac
The station wagon I had when DS was little - it still had the nostalgic rear-facing pull-down seat.
Oh, gosh, I have no idea.
Yes, never a really long cross-country one, but countless in the 6-8 hour range.

I got Sally on the quiz. I thought I took a screenshot, but I guess I didn't (it just tried to paste my Wordle share :laughing:.)

This is an excellent list. I took a screenshot so I could refer to it in the future.
Me too - it's really perfect!!

I'd say I'm practicing 4 and 7 today.

My self-care today was focused mostly on social. Midday I drove over to the town that has all the "modern" stores (Home Goods, Ulta, Target etc) and my Niece and I bought many things. I was actually pretty good at sticking to things that have been on my list, but my Niece found some great wooden Christmas tress at Home Goods and I keep thinking about them... might be making a return trip soon. Aside from spending money we spent the time talking and that felt great.

I had a stack of things to return to Nordstrom and was planning to do so when I'm in the office/in the city week after next. But there were so many things I would have had to have taken my big suitcase, so I managed to pack them all up and drop them off at the Fed Ex location in the area where we were shopping, so it is nice to get that all taken care of.

This week I'll be starting some new crafting, painting acorns and wooden mushrooms. Really looking forward to doing something new and different.

Catching up from yesterday - my self care was mostly in the social area yesterday. We went to my mom's for lunch and my MILs for dinner as usual. I was a little worried about the family dynamics at my MILs because one of my nephews announced this week that he and his wife are separating. DHs family can be very judgemental and harsh (can't really keep their mouths shut when they need to sometimes), but everyone was very kind and supportive of him, so I was very thankful for that. It ended up being a very good evening and I'm sure he felt much better leaving than he felt coming in ❤️

My motivation for this week is that DH is going to be gone on a golf trip from Wednesday through Sunday. I usually don't eat well when he's gone. I'm not sure why exactly but I think it's just that I feel kind of free from a routine or something and go wild with my eating. Anyway, this time, I've already thought about what meals DS and I are going to have while he's gone, so I'm hoping to stay on track this time!

Hello wet and windy Monday... there's definitely some weather going on out there.

Saturday I entered back in to a fasting phase with the New Moon. I've started with 16/8 and done well with not eating until 10am, but feel like I'm eating too late, so one of my motivations this week is to tighten my eating window up to 18/6, meaning last food is at 4pm.

Saturday there was a Witch Walk in town, it looked like a lot of fun so I'm making a note of it for next year. I've decided to do a road trip down to my Sister's the 27th/28th: she said she's going to a Rocky Horror Picture Show thing the night of the 27th, so I'm going to go with her. And yesterday my Niece told me there will be a kiddie costume parade in town at 4pm on Halloween, so I've blocked that time out on my calendar. So the more social things continue for a while, which is motivating to look forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter